Moon Reviews

• Jul 28, 2019

Fantastic movie. Great acting with an incredible story.

Fantastic movie. Great acting with an incredible story.

• Jul 27, 2019

Shot with a shabby seventies psychodrama sensibility and a spartan style, the film ultimately has little to say beyond its sparseness and the realization that it, too, is merely a clone.

• Jul 26, 2019

An underrated modern sci-fi classic.

An underrated modern sci-fi classic.

• Jul 25, 2019

Moon, is a true gem. Throughout the whole movie all you see is the main character and you root for him and you learn about him. That doesn't end when the movie ends, you left at the end with still wanting this character to have something good and you want him to be happy. Its a ride of a movie, its honestly beautiful to see him go through all these emotions. I watched it when it first came out and I think about still to this day, plus the soundtrack is so beautiful and elevates the whole movie.

• Jul 21, 2019

Sam Rockwell yay! Of course I loved this. Moon is packed with tension and dread. Sam is lonely af with only an A.I. assistant voiced by Kevin Spacey to talk to but that's all about to change...muhahahaha

• Jul 20, 2019

Such a great film and soundtrack

Such a great film and soundtrack

• Jul 08, 2019

Not gripping enough for me.

Not gripping enough for me.

• May 17, 2019

Great sci-fi; I didn't know they still made stuff like this. Netflix lists one of its categories as "cerebral", and while this is true, it shouldn't be taken to mean high-minded. The story appears simple, but it evolves enough to keep it both mysterious-yet-scrutable until near the end. The pacing is a bit slow, but it doesn't feel out of place. I was held captive right up to the credits - and perhaps that's why it gets the "cerebral" label.

• May 16, 2019

it's ok not the best

it's ok not the best

• May 14, 2019

Moon is a 2009 science fiction film directed by Duncan Jones. This movie has the basis of being an all-time great, but it seems cut short, which doesn't enable a full development of its unique narrative. While the acting is good, the story sometimes doesn't seem quite right in its editing or flow.