Look - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Look Reviews

May 30, 2014
Was disturbing, but one of those movies I couldn't stop watching.
October 28, 2013
Pretty good, but sometimes I think the techniques end up making it feel even more setup than a normal movie and kind of pulls you out of it. I get the point Rifkin is making with the cameras everywhere, but sometimes that looming message doesn't give the story enough room.
October 26, 2013
One of the best movies that I've seen in ages. Filmed entirely from the perspective of surveillance cameras. The story interweaves in interesting and unexpected ways. Some times creepy in the voyaristic feeling that it leaves with the viewer as we watch the story unfold. Highly recommended.
½ November 2, 2012
Not since Crash has a movie invoked so many emotions out of me. This movie is a journey through one's senses. I'll admit that I wasn't feeling the whole surveillance camera idea, but that's before I began watching it. This movie is gripping, frightening, thrilling, arousing, angering, disgusting, saddening, etc.. Only one who goes into it with a cynical mindset will miss the point of a film like this and come away viewing it as a failed attempt at something grand. The movie works and in a year (2009) suffocated by mediocre, dry American film-making, this is an extremely refreshing burst of air.
½ August 9, 2012
An interesting idea but it's fairly predictable and dumb.
February 6, 2012
it should be a short film...
½ December 16, 2011
Loved this movie..one of the best and most thought provoking movie's iv'e seen in years..Showtime has a whole series coming on this show..can't wait...
½ September 6, 2011
This movie is totally different from any other movie i've ever watched. It was nice watching something different.
½ August 16, 2011
Uniquely filmed and well told stories all through the lens of different secruity cameras,well worth checking out!
½ July 31, 2011
There was a chance that a film about the ubiquity of security cameras in today's society could be good. Too bad this turns out to be one of the most gimmicky films I've ever seen and just a terrible excuse for excessive t&a.
July 31, 2011
Chega quase lá, mas requer muitos clichà (C)s pelo caminho...
June 7, 2011
This film lacks what I despise about the mockumentary genre: some annoying moron holding the camera and talking. The interwoven stories are interesting, and for the most part the camerawork does make it seem as if one could be watching real events.
½ March 18, 2011
Due to the low budget and limited following for arthouse films, this original take on the mockumentary was overlooked. But, it deserves better.
March 9, 2011
Good idea, but pretty poor acting. Doesn't get better than the opening scene.
March 6, 2011
Wow! Usually films that are as experimental as "LOOK" sacrifice quality for artistic exploration. Not so with look. This is a tight, well directed, well acted film that draws you in with promises of voyeurism and that hits you with human drama.

Follow several storied of intersecting characters as seen strictly through public cameras like store security, ATM cameras, cell phones, traffic cameras. It sounds insane but it is executed brilliantly and adds a very original feel to the movie.

If you haven't seen this yet you need to come over my place and watch it! Cmon! Right now!
½ February 25, 2011
Brilliantly written, amazingly made
February 14, 2011
Cool concept, horrible acting.
January 19, 2011
Would have benefited from stronger actors. But... interesting.
January 2, 2011
A Movie with a great story. A Movie that is creepy and unsettling in a good way.