Headless Horseman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Headless Horseman Reviews

½ October 10, 2014
Some scences make any sense, with a boring and predictable screenplay, this film is probably the worst urban legend movie. Bad cast.
½ August 4, 2014
Some scences make any sense, with a boring and predictable screenplay, this film is probably the worst urban legend. Bad cast.
July 30, 2013
Love the bimbo !!!! Lol
October 3, 2011
Good, for a Sci-Fi channel movie (no offense).. I really enjoyed it.
½ September 25, 2011
A terrible excuse for a classic remake. TERRIBLE excuse. Where in this movie is the headless horseman? Because he's probably only in 5 minutes throughout the whole thing. SyFy...you dissapointed me with this one.
August 23, 2011
Anthony C. Ferrante showed promise with his first film "Boo". The film had some problems but, there was potential for Ferrante as a filmmaker. Unfortunately, his sophmore flick shows that these problems still exist and he messes up some of the things he got right in his first film. One mail problem is still his writing. His dialog is still weak especially in character exchanges. His two dimensional characters don't talk like real people do. They talk like movie characters and the amatuer acting from his amatuer cast dosen't help. He doesn't cram too many ideas into one story this time but, the ideas he uses are far from original and the visual flare he showed last time out, is only sparsely on display here. His ability to give us some scares and suspense also seems to been left behind as Horseman is ever predictable. To round things out, the gore FX are decent but, the CGI is plain awful and physical FX would have looked better and been more effective. This tired story of youths taking a wrong turn and meeting with with a literal headless horseman in a town full of strange locals is actually quite a step back for Ferrante, or, maybe sad proof that "Boo" was a fluke that showed us everything he had to offer.
ScoopOnline
January 25, 2011
Not one of the best but even not bad. A tiny bit similar to Texas ChainSaw Massacre Movie just replace the "Chain Saw" to a Sword or a Hook.
½ July 21, 2010
headless horseman is such a bad film that its funny. the storyline is absolutely stupid and the acting is just as bad. i love sleepy hollow and the legend of the headless horseman, but this film makes the whole concept and story a total mockery. first of all the headless horseman isn't supposed to come out during the daytime and like i said before its a very dumb concept and a disappointment to a true horror classic.
June 30, 2010
The "true" take on the Headless Horseman. While nothing really exciting or new. The film does attempt to slant the movie in a different direction than the usual Sleepy Hollow story by putting it square in Wormwood. The film is pretty much your typical slasher formula, but here the Headless Horsemen slowly regains his head with each and every kill.
May 13, 2010
cool horror movie not scary enough though
½ February 6, 2010
Watched this on SyFy today and its very terrible. The best part was when this woman was trying to shoot the headless horseman, but he's invulnerable to bullets...so he uses the spikey ball w/chain to bash into her face, causing her to fall down in an open 1930s spike trap, decapitating her head in the process. Brilliant.
½ October 28, 2009
Change the old story around with a twist in the location and the plot of his existence, overall a okay movie
½ September 3, 2009
A great Sci-fi channel movie, the best this channel has ever presented that I've seen thus far. Great movie, lots of blood/gore, interesting idea. Annoying actors/actresses getting their heads cut off, way cool. Freaky townspeople, creative death scenes, this movie was fun to watch. Sci-fi channel finally hits one over the fences, Great Job.
½ August 8, 2009
A little better than the Average for sci-fic channel movie where the acting was in poor places, but over all not too bad though it's low budget it's an enjoyable slasher flick with good gory moments for an evening in. this film is watchable
John2223
½ August 5, 2009
A little better than average for a Sci-Fi channel movie where the acting was poor in places, but overall not too bad. Though its low budget It is an enjoyable slasher flick with good gory moments.
If you just want a little entertainment for an evening in, then this film is watchable.
June 24, 2009
A version of the legend of sleepy hollow.
The movie starts in the past, then the opening credits roll; containing drawings and newspaper articles surrounding tales of the headless horseman.
Forward to - present day - Halloween, where we meet the main characters; a bunch of teens around 18 years old. We immediately see conflict in the group - the jocks vs Laim (the 'shy' guy.)

"this is deliverance country"is a quote said as the gang are diving along a road after following a detour. This is a reference to the 1972 movie 'Deliverance'.
As they follow the detour, the mood and music instantly changes to reflect this. They find themselves now in the woods, which shows isolation from everyone else. This isn't helped by the fact that the map they were following is dated 1972(the year of release for 'Deliverance' - another reference there perhaps?)

The detour lands them in 'Wormwood Ridge, a very bizarre little town, filled with very strange individuals. They are greeted by candy when they run into some car trouble. Candy informs them they are" just in time for the Headless Horseman celebration"which they celebrate every year....
Phones are stolen, which again, reinforces the isolation of the gang, and it unfolds that this isn't the first time the town has acted so strangley to √?¬≥ut-of-town-ers-'

Low budget horror, not worth buying. Pretty much what you'd expect for a low budget teen film. I couldn't help but think of '2001 Maniacs' for the most part.
February 16, 2009
As always absurdity takes place on the weekends on the Sci Fi channel. I thought the bear trap decapitation was hilarious.
½ February 15, 2009
interesting new take on the story of the headless horseman as well as the reason for his existence.
February 2, 2009
By now, you know how I feel about creepy kid movies, so it should come as no surprise that I was super pumped for [B]The Unborn[/B]. Sadly, it didn't live up to it's trailer or my expectations, but it didn't totally suck either. I enjoyed the premise, a twin who died in the womb haunting the sibling who lived. And then the mythology, maybe this spirit twin is a stronger presence that needs to be exorcised from our world, was also good. But the dialogue and terrible acting just brought me completely out of the story. The main girl, Odette Yustman ("Cloverfield") wasn't that bad, but her friend, Meagan Good ("Saw V") killed me every time she opened her mouth. I started dreading her appearance on screen.

[B]Yentl[/B] has Barbra Steisand ("Meet the Fockers") as a Jewish woman who poses as a man so she can study the Torah. Of course, she falls in love with a classmate, Mandy Patinkin ("Choking Man"), and then all of weirdness happens while she tries to keep her secret. Plus, there's singing. I found it sometimes strange and often touching. Definitely worth watching.

[B]The Invisible[/B] is kind of a lame thriller about a kid who gets beaten and left for dead, but his spirit is wandering about trying to get someone to find his body before he actually dies. It entertained me. Partly because I think the main kid, Justin Chatwin ("Middle of Nowhere"), is adorable. But the story is just okay and the acting isn't great. Except for Marcia Gay Harden ("Home"), of course. I say, if it's on, watch it. But don't go to any great lengths to seek it out.

You don't always know from a preview which Steve Carell ("Get Smart") you're going to get, but [B]Dan in Real Life[/B] features the subtle and still funny man. The story is very sweet and very realistic. Carell plays a widower raising three girls. They got to a family reunion where Carell falls for his brother's girlfriend. Like all family situations, this movie features many classic moments, both tear-jerking and uncomfortable. Pleasantly surprised by this one.

I'm pretty sure that [B]Headless Horseman[/B] is a Sci-Fi channel original. And, of course, I got sucked right in there. In a slasher take on the Sleepy Hollow story, a group of teenagers get stranded in a backwoods, inbred (typical) town where every 7 years, Headless comes looking for 7 heads to feed to hell. It's a weird backstory, and it might even have been more interesting, if the dialogue and acting hadn't been so bad. I realize that this a common complaint of mine. But I just feel that there are so many good actors and writers out there, why can't studios try harder to get better ones?[FONT=Arial]