The Box Reviews

• 4d ago

From the get go the accents seemed awkward and forced. Partly due to the script, but the acting did not aid. They took the common southern accent and turned it up 5000% The music was cheesy, hampering the potential of the movie. The film started off with a simple question and became something extremely abstract and weird. The movie raises a billion questions about its plot and about what you just watched. Maybe I'm not intelligent enough to understand, but I'd like to err on the side that this movie was just written poorly.

• Aug 25, 2019

Don’t waste your time.

Don’t waste your time.

• Aug 08, 2019

Deserves much better acclaim! Some people can't handle an original idea with a plot that makes you really think about life, the afterlife and all the unknowns in between. A movie that challenges your mind and keeps you guessing all along is the definition of a creative and deserving film. For me, this film outshines Donnie Darko and not vice versa. Bravo Mr. Kelly for going against the grain and making an artistic, creative piece of art, one that is rarely ever seen anymore!

• Aug 05, 2019

I thought this film was provocative and touching. I think Cameron Diaz was excellent as well as the main and supporting cast. It was plausible and well written. It deserves our attention.

• Jun 14, 2019

Good movie, very interesting plot that other reviewers seem to be having trouble following for some reason.

• Jun 09, 2019

Loved this movie! It was a bit bizarre but loved the vibe.

Loved this movie! It was a bit bizarre but loved the vibe.

• Jun 07, 2019

Was a lot more convoluted than necessary.

Was a lot more convoluted than necessary.

• Jun 06, 2019

What a piece of nonsensical stupid crap.

What a piece of nonsensical stupid crap.

• Jun 04, 2019

First 45 mins were solid then the movie became extremely unrealistic. Too taboo for me

• Oct 20, 2018

I loved this movie and I don't understand all the bad reviews. The character Arlington steward (frank Langella) is excellent and very unique. The movie was very imaginative, which is why I liked it, it also covers some important themes - Greed, survival, and love. There are many elements to the story that are left unsaid, but they are implied. Maybe that is why the scores are so low, maybe the watchers couldn't keep track of what was happening.