Bathory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bathory Reviews

April 5, 2016
The plot was hard to follow, long and drawn out. We were often lost and could not understand what the actors were saying at the most important parts.
The gadgets of the friar and his partner were totally irrelevant to the story and made this interminable film even more unbearable. It was too bad too, We really wanted to know what really happened with the countess in her life.
½ July 4, 2015
Bit of a history doco feel to this movie.
February 28, 2015
Friel was great in this historical drama.
January 17, 2015
It was sooooo long and slow that at the end of it you'd wonder what was the point of watching it.
½ September 7, 2014
Garbled, disjointed, major disappointment when it should have been so good.
½ August 5, 2014
This is a complete mess.
March 16, 2014
Completely underrated. This movie was quite surprising.
½ February 25, 2014
This movie was just a huge mess. It was 2 hours and 15 minutes of absolute nonsense. Scenes were barely strung together by back and forth banter that didn't even progress the plot. It was made out to be more of of a history film, but I didn't feel like I was even learning anything. I went in with high expectations of more blood and gore but instead got this long, drawn out movie that I found myself rolling my eyes at more often than not. It seemed that it was edited and compiled by a blind man that had no concept of timing or plot points. Even if this movie didn't give me anything I wanted it was still garbage for what it was trying to be. For all the time and money spent on filming this you would think it would be at least passable but it wasn't, It wasn't at all. I feel like if I film myself using the snapped DVD to cut my wrists and drain out all my blood, it will make a better movie then this.
½ December 31, 2013
Epic fail... Wanted to be a blockbuster but looks more as a tv drama... Poorly directed and only friel gives a good performance
November 30, 2013
An interesting view of the life of Countess Ezsebet Bathory "The Countess of Blood" who is most known as the most notorious female serial killer of all-time (rumored to have killed thousands of women during her reign to bathe in their blood to maintain her youth. This version of the countesses life is more balanced and yet nonetheless speculation as to what was real concerning the rumors of murders. Anna Friel gives an impressive performance of the imbalanced countess and the movie though grand in scale is unable to really be more than an average yet interesting take on one of history largest mass murderess.
½ November 1, 2013
This was well done and the portrayal of this countess's life and skull duggery was great. I was entertained by the action, sex, bloodlust, splatters, history, and the graphics. Although I have to admit I didnt expect that, but this is a good movie. My favorite quote from the movie was "do this (catch her in the act and punish her) and ill pay you a fat salary for the rest of your life"...
October 28, 2013
Confusing but beautiful, and a rather bloody attempt to revise the legend of the countess -- I am not convinced, though, that this was a successful revision.
September 5, 2013
old movies have no review
July 17, 2013
Wow this was really dull, glad I watched it in work time! They decided to go down the angle that Bathory wasn't the most prolific woman serial killer of all time and go down the more boring victim of a conspiracy route that is perhaps more plausible. But definitely not as interesting.
June 25, 2013
It may not be what you think it is about, but that's okay because I like that it's an opinionated scam of a historical film that tries to be good.
June 7, 2013
A sympathetic rendering of Erzsebet Bathory. I gave up on this movie about halfway through. I NEVER do that. I read all of Atlas Shrugged for crying out loud. I gave up when I realized that this was going to be Dr Quinn Medicine Hungarian Countess. I gave it one star only because it was visually stunning.
April 13, 2013
It is a very attractive version of the life of countess Erzsébet Báthory, one in which she is not a murderer but a victim of a plot carried out in order to spoil her of her fortune in the medieval Hungary........visuals and acting is mostly excellent...costumes, sets, props,carriages and towns are excellently done.... Anna Friel made a great role, she a stunning beauty as the Countess Of Blood....worth watching for any history buff
½ April 3, 2013
Trying to be epic and not succeeding. Not a vampire movie though it tries to be.
March 3, 2013