Undoing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Undoing Reviews

May 11, 2015
An indie "thriller" about a young man who returns to Koreatown in LA to avenge the murder of his best friend, even though he had a hand in the killing, and to win back the heart of his love. There really is no mystery here, and very little point at all. There is lots of shots of people brooding and lots of talking heads. Kelly Hu looks great. A low-budget, decent effort attempt at a good movie by director Chris Chan Lee.
½ February 17, 2010
Brick and the first season of Crash are much better for neo-noir, but I liked some of the effects. The motif used in a conversation involving Bower and the hitman is amazing. Bower's performance reminds me of recent Eastwood and Jones. Kelly Hu is a nice bonus. The film felt severely lacking though, no martial arts or intense parts. It feels too sterile, too clean, too PG - 13 romanticized story. Just sort of bland. The end credits going in reverse and the final scene are cool.
April 22, 2008
Ultimately a fairly boring crime drama, in spite of the camera tricks thrown in to jazz it up. The story itself is fairly mundane, and I just never felt very engaged by the film.

Perhaps this would be interesting for fans of the specific actors involved, but otherwise I'd have to say...

½ February 14, 2008
Great moment with Russell Wong. The rest not so good.
February 7, 2008
Great cinematography, but the screenplay slifles the actors. Sung Kang does the best he can with the lines he's given.
½ January 29, 2008
doesn't hurt to watch but was a bit confused...expected a little more in plot/drama...
December 13, 2007
I went to the Boston premiere and met lead actor Sung Kang, executive producer Phil Lam, and producer Karin Chien.
The movie was artistically shot and featured a who's who cast of Asian American actors, ranging from veteran Russell Wong to Bobby Lee from MadTV.
The plot was a bit hard to follow - sometimes it seemed like a series of unlinked interactions between Sam (Sung Kang) and whoever he happened upon. Actually, if anyone wants to tell me what the relationship between any of the characters is, it would help me a lot.
The movie does have implied sex, violence, death, drugs, and a generally dark overtone, so you've been warned if you want to take young children to see it.
½ December 11, 2007
So godawful it hurts me to think about it.
December 10, 2007
Lame. I like Sung Kang, but I don't know what kind of character he was trying to be. Same with the movie - it wasn't sure if it was a cheeky gangster movie, dark drama, suspenseful thriller...Russell Wong stole the show, though.
December 10, 2007
i was looking forward to this movie cause i had missed it during the sf asian am film fest last year. for the lack of a better word to describe it, the movie was depressing. the cinematography was off-color and dark, the characters were desperately bleak... the film did its job and served its purpose. good job on the soundtrack too...
December 1, 2007
powered by rice. heard it was the worst movie ever
October 25, 2007
Very much looking forward to seeing this movie, love Sung Kangs acting like an asian James Dean or something... very cool
October 13, 2007
visually decent. story was interesting. good soundtrack. not horrible, but also not obviously made by a skillful expert.
July 27, 2007
Personally...thought there we're some brave directorial and editing choices that made this film unique ...Certainly a vividly asthetic
½ July 15, 2007
visually interesting but thoroughly unpleasant and unenjoyable. i had no sympathy for the lead characters and as such was looking for a different conclusion (i.e. i wanted everything to go wrong and everyone to die a horrible death).
June 17, 2007
Poor Sung Kang. This noirish melodrama sucks in all sorts ways. Kelly Hu gives a devastatingly awful performance.
June 8, 2007