Passengers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Passengers Reviews

January 8, 2014
Low production value, uneven plot line, shaky script versus Hathaway's more than passable performance and an actually interesting twist ending built up to by an hour and a half of slow boil.

Conclusion: it's a great b-movie.
December 21, 2013
Better then the cover, well worth the time to watch
½ November 29, 2013
A grief counselor (Anne Hathaway) working with a group of plane-crash survivors finds herself at the root of a mystery when her clients begin to disappear.

also stars Patrick Wilson, David Morse, Andre Braugher, Clea DuVall and Dianne Wiest.

directed by Rodrigo Garcia.
November 26, 2013
Anne Hathaway is called in to be a grief counselor for a crashed planes survivors. She ends up becoming close with one of the passengers and notices the other survivors begins disappearing. Could have been interesting, if only it wasn't so obvious from the get go. This takes a lot from Lost, but without any of the good parts. None of the characters were that interesting and nothing really happens to want to make you keep watching. Incredibly boring, which is a travesty given all the talent involved.
October 22, 2013
One of the moments when I'm proud of my habit of never checking the plots beforehand!
½ October 6, 2013
Passengers is a very entertaining and very underrated thriller with an interesting twist. While some moments can be cheesy, I found it to be a rather compelling and well acted thriller/romance film. I also really enjoyed the strange imagery and beautiful music that accompanied the film and really set the eerie tone. Passengers is an eerie, haunting, and really entertaining film that I had a blast watching.
September 14, 2013
A movie most have never even heard of, and for good reason - it totally blows.
August 15, 2013
Passengers really wasn't as good as it could have been. It didn't leave you surprised the way that you should have been by a movie like this.
I just never really felt anything for the characters and I felt a bit distracted because there was nothing holding me to the screen and what was happening on it.
I loved the storyline but everything just happened a bit too fast which means that I never really had time to feel anything when watching it.
August 5, 2013
Interesting supernatural thriller with an ending I did expect
July 23, 2013
This is a good movie, though a story that you probably have seen at least 10x in the past. This one didn't add anything that was new or compelling enough to make it amazing, but it is still a good film.
½ July 12, 2013
what a piece of crap. wasted an hour and a half watching this film about a group of (spoilers) dead people who go into counseling. it's stupid, it lacks intelligence. do yourselves a favor and don't watch this film
June 28, 2013
Thursday, June 27, 2013

(2008) Passengers
THRILLER/ MYSTERY

5 to 10 survivors survive a disastrous airline crash announcing Claire (Anne Hathaway) as their therapist to get over their ordeals with one patient named Eric played by Patrick Wilson choosing to have his therapy done at his home, except that things are not what it appears to be and that the crash may be as a result of an explosion and not be what it's thought it would be as it was first assumed which is human error.

(May contain spoils)
This movie may have worked better if "Passengers" was shortened as a television pilot than as a featured film since they bored the viewers a little too much by using the first hour centering on the relationship of it's two characters of Patrick Wilson and Anne Hathaway. This is like "The Sixth Sense" or "Jacob's Ladder" on a plane except this one took too much time to get there.

2.5 out of 4
½ June 25, 2013
Usually my opinion of a movie matches RT's but I have to disagree on this one. This is one of my favorite movies.
May 12, 2013
Confuso e o desfecho decepciona.
½ April 27, 2013
great movie! keeping the thrill till the last moments and making you think about how fragile the life is. and that sometimes we leave living our lives for later, although nobody knows if he is gonna have his later. what if you live your life, go to job, do thing you usually do and then one day suddenly you get to know that you are dead??
March 27, 2013
Forgettable drama about the survivors of a fatal plane crash.
½ March 15, 2013
Eu achei um bom filme,um suspense que me surpreendeu .Amazingly, very good.
½ March 9, 2013
Passengers is a cerebral, and somehow refreshingly flawed, movie that will undoubtedly gain a small but passionate following.
½ February 28, 2013
anne <3<3<3
loved it
½ February 23, 2013
Arrêté au bout de 20 min. Très chiant.