The Hammer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hammer Reviews

September 18, 2017
Very funny show, don't know why it was so hard to find. Great sports story
September 15, 2017
This is one of those movies that always puts me in a good mood. Its such a shame more people havent given this movie a chance. Yes. Its a plot thats been done over and over, but its done RIGHT. My main issue with the movie is the R rating, its misleading. If it got the more accurate PG-13 rating i think it would have reached a
larger audience.
September 5, 2017
i loved it , kids loved it . its not citizen kane , its in colour and funny. and real life we can relate to.
April 13, 2017
Get it on ! it has an R rating which is retarded. should be pg13.
January 24, 2017
Surprisingly good. I've always been a fan of Adam Carolla since I first saw him on MTV. This film is not for everyone, but it's a Dark Horse of a comedy/drama that will keep most people entertained. A very noble first effort by Adam Carolla. Better than I expected it to be, and I'm a fan. Watched it twice, will probably watch it again.
December 21, 2016
Extremely funny and very entertaining.
December 6, 2016
Terrific movie...well written, great story. Why doesn't this ever show up on the rotation for the movie channels? On any given day, there are 10 Adam Sandler movies showing...but never The Hammer.
August 24, 2016
Great movie! Obviously made on a budget but full of great comedic moments, a compelling (and funny) love story, and great sports theme. Loosely based on the rise to stardom of Adam Carolla but adapted well to fit the boxing story line. I saw it when it came out, when it came on cable, and I own the DVD. Highly recommended for men & women, lovers of comedy & sports and the plight of the underdog!
½ July 8, 2016
Pretty funny and enjoyable. Kind of a diamond in the rough.
½ April 28, 2016
This movie is a such a pleasant surprise. You don't have to be a Carolla fan to really enjoy this.
April 10, 2016
Enjoyed it, solid jokes, fun story.
March 21, 2016
Classic Carolla. Big fan of his work so maybe not so objective. Either way, I love it.
March 13, 2016
Best romantic comedy ever.
January 11, 2016
Brilliant. Witty and paced to perfection. Realistic and great.
½ October 28, 2015
Solid romantic comedy. Not what the general audience is going to expect from Adam Carolla, but in a good way.
August 23, 2015
Very funny. Great story. Can't believe this movie isn't more famous.
July 6, 2015
The Hammer is great. That is all.
July 5, 2015
Good story, great humor. Loved it
July 5, 2015
Surprisingly touching, for such a woman-hating racist. (Just kidding) ACE 4 LIFE!!!
June 20, 2015
this is movie that should be played on cable all the time its a great movie to watch.