The Hammer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hammer Reviews

August 24, 2016
Great movie! Obviously made on a budget but full of great comedic moments, a compelling (and funny) love story, and great sports theme. Loosely based on the rise to stardom of Adam Carolla but adapted well to fit the boxing story line. I saw it when it came out, when it came on cable, and I own the DVD. Highly recommended for men & women, lovers of comedy & sports and the plight of the underdog!
½ July 8, 2016
Pretty funny and enjoyable. Kind of a diamond in the rough.
½ April 28, 2016
This movie is a such a pleasant surprise. You don't have to be a Carolla fan to really enjoy this.
April 10, 2016
Enjoyed it, solid jokes, fun story.
March 21, 2016
Classic Carolla. Big fan of his work so maybe not so objective. Either way, I love it.
March 13, 2016
Best romantic comedy ever.
January 11, 2016
Brilliant. Witty and paced to perfection. Realistic and great.
½ October 28, 2015
Solid romantic comedy. Not what the general audience is going to expect from Adam Carolla, but in a good way.
August 23, 2015
Very funny. Great story. Can't believe this movie isn't more famous.
July 6, 2015
The Hammer is great. That is all.
July 5, 2015
Good story, great humor. Loved it
July 5, 2015
Surprisingly touching, for such a woman-hating racist. (Just kidding) ACE 4 LIFE!!!
June 20, 2015
this is movie that should be played on cable all the time its a great movie to watch.
June 19, 2015
Very good, and funny.
May 17, 2015
Excelent from beginning to end. Super funny, great acting and worth watching multiple times. One of my favorite movies
April 20, 2015
an enjoyably good flick.all-around amusing and pleasingly watchable.
April 19, 2015
WOW!
Funny and smart! I wish other comedies were this good!
March 30, 2015
This was one of, if not the best, boxing comedy ever. A great ending to a masterfully done film.
March 30, 2015
This is a great, heart warming movie! Good story with funny jokes.
March 17, 2015
A really well put together movie. The script was funny and touching in parts, the cast was well placed and the boxing was solid. Surprisingly good movie that should be given a chance.