The Broken Reviews

• Jul 08, 2020

Is a movie necessarily ‘bad' if you weren't sure you'd seen it before until ten minutes in and you can't really remember anything about it? ‘How do you know you finished it?' you ask - simple, I finish 99% of movies I start and I've probably finished 99.999% of movies I've watched over the last decade. I'm at a point now where if, I have not seen a movie before, I don't even start it unless I know I'm going to finish it. So I'm sure that I saw this before, and recently, within the last year or two... I just don't remember any of it until I see it again. There's a reason I remembered nothing from this til seeing it - NO SENSE. There is something very wrong with this movie, it is strange and does not make much sense at all. It alludes to some greater, bigger picture but never really even gets close to getting there. It looked like it had a plan with some rhyme and reason for it's existence but it just didn't follow through. Loose ends everywhere, probably missing about 45 minutes that were cut out. Still managed to be kinda creepy though. 1 1/2 of 5

• May 03, 2020

It was gripping but the ending not really well explained. I think clones took over?

• Dec 28, 2019

I had to think about it afterwards to firstly work out what on earth was going on and then to determine whether it was a good way to spend an hour and a half. I probably devoted half an hour to the pondering so all up two-ish hours. It wasn't worth my time and I like movies that encourage one to think so I think those just wanting to spend time being scared out of their wits will be disappointed. My take is that when Gina follows her double into the apartment she becomes the image, one should always be wary of open doors. Dad was replicated first after his birthday dinner, then Gina before she crashes the car. Confusion arises from the way the story is told and it seems the replicates have little initial knowledge of their person hence the confusion and horror when bodies of their former selves are found. Oh those doctors peering out the window after Gina left the hospital had to be replicates methinks because mirrors were broken in different areas around the hospital, besides having 2 men lacking in expression staring out a window together is a bit of a weird clue. Anyhoo my issue is that there is no sense of why any of this is happening and I don't think I'm missing a vital clue. If cases of reversed hearts has only increased over the last 20 years and then only 10 noted, it can't be an alien takeover, that's wayyyyy too slow. Narcissistic population as a result of social media doesn't work for me because there were no mobile phones and a vintage 70's answering machine was shown and pay phones were everywhere. Besides they had a dinner party where people actually communicated with no eyes down to their laps. So why this seemingly random replication occurs evades me still. The only character I really related to was the brother who took off at a rate of knots when he saw his replicate sister. That made sense. Bottom line for me, it was disappointing. Too bad really, it had potential and the acting was good only let down by the story trying to be cleverer that it was.

• Aug 26, 2019

Atmospheric but ultimatly disappointing movie .Difficult to know what it was about and very confusing. It appears to be set in the present age but no one has a mobile phone. Were these characters killed by their own reflection ? I have no idea what it was about.

• Jul 29, 2019

This could've been so much better. The most frustrating parts of the movies are when they overuse the method of creating suspense by slowly raising the level of the sound, to a loud volume which implies something is going to happen immediately... yet over and over again they're false scares and they get very irritating. The story isn't great and it's not unique. I wouldn't rec this movie.

• Jun 27, 2019

A very nice little late-night horror story. Lena Headey is great to watch and the atmosphere is chilling, and there is something unnerving about these types of stories, even if it did lack a bit in suspense. Still better than expected with the lowered expectations that these RT ratings can give you heading into a film. A nude Lena Headey didn't hurt either, if you are into a bit of voyeristic entertainment now and then.

• Oct 07, 2018

I feel betrayed!! I was suckered into watching this garbage, because of the top notch cast. The movie is boring, and that would be okay, if there was some kind of real finish to it. Any review, that gave this thing more than one star. Means. That the reviewer was doing other things while "watching", like maybe.. washing their hair. This is a total waste of time with no resolution that makes any sense, I'm angry with Headly lending her name to this charade! This TRAVESTY stoll over an hour and half of my life. I wish that I could sue to get it back!!!

• Aug 09, 2018

One of those movies you have to ask the question " What the hell were they thinking making that garbage" . No character development, no real plot, the movie tries to be suspenseful but falls flat. Don't waste the hour and a half of your life.

• Jul 22, 2018

It was boring from start to finish. Lacked suspense for a so called thriller. I wanted to fast forward to the end just to get to the point. It was just a disaster of a movie that left me disappointed and dissatisfied. And the end of it seemed so out of place, made no sense, the brother runs as if he knows? How would he know? There like missing pieces all over that make the movie seem disconnected. The entire movie just dragged, the plot of it is interesting and it could've been a master piece had it been done by someone who knew what they were doing. The info provided by direct TV made it seemed more interesting than it actually was and it was misleading.

• May 02, 2018

I watched it this morning on DirectTV. Can't say I have ever watched anything like it before. It was very difficult for me to decide what it was really about. I recorded it thinking it was a mystery which is my usual "genre". The best I could come out with was interdimensional travel. I watched it to the end but felt like I must have missed out on the plot somehow. I was happy to find this site with the synopsis of the movie as well as comments and found I still don't know. I only gave it one star because I felt like it missed getting the idea of the plot across. If I had read the review and comments I probably would not have watched it.