Android - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Android Reviews

September 6, 2010
I saw this on TV recently, it's okay, it's a sci-fi thriller about androids. I liked the ending most of all.
½ August 6, 2010
What the heck can you possibly say about a movie that's as awful as this?

First of all, this film makes absolutely no sense. It's horrible. The plot is completely incomprehensible and the acting is terrible. Even if you do understand the plot (from reading it somewhere on-line), it's completely irrelevant to actually watching the film. The funny part is that it almost seems as though they're making it up as they go along. Half the dialogue in the film has absolutely nothing to do with the film and is COMPLETELY irrelevant!

The fact that 83% of the critics liked this film just shows how full of crap they really are. My opinion is that anyone who likes this movie blindly likes anything that's science fiction. The people who liked "Android" are the people who're crying out, "Battlefield Earth wasn't so bad!" Yes. Yes it was. And so is "Android".

But on the bright side, George Lucas actually liked this film, calling it "smart" and "relevant". Maybe that's where he got the inspiration to make the sweeping epic, "Howard the Duck"!?
½ January 30, 2010
A not particularly enjoyable 80s cinema piece that garners most of the 2 1/2 stars literally bc of Brie Howard.
June 23, 2009
Android mostly takes place in a space station, and there are only a few scenes featuring the blackness of empty space. There's not much action except for a very few scenes. In short, I don't find anything special about this obscure sci-fi film.
July 26, 2007
Better than I expected; a fun little b-movie with shades of Brazil and Blade Runner. Featuring Klaus Kinski as a mad scientist who wants to use a female fugitive as a power source for his brand-new lady android; unfortunately for him, both women are immune to the Kinski charm.
April 25, 2015
how can this be rated fresh when only 38% of people liked it?
½ July 26, 2009
Roger Corman funded bit of weirdness with Klaus doing his usual Kinski.
August 23, 2011
An early trip into the unsettling territory that had not as yet been called the Uncanny Valley. Aaron Lipstadt understands Philip.K. Dick. Plus, the film has great set work and special effects! A gem!