The Guitar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Guitar Reviews

November 13, 2016
I think the slightly corny predictability takes away from the emotion of this film and perhaps any rawness in the face of adversity,. A little bit of light and shade would have made this film memorable. As someone who has been learning to play the guitar for quite a while, the music geek in me was silently screaming at the speed of her talent. With all that said it was watchable and I seem to be a fan of saffron burrows.
November 4, 2015
Quite simple scenario. Good for one evening.
August 25, 2015
i enjoyed this movie, it made me think of what it would be like to be dying, it gives you faith that there is hope and miracles can happen to some people, some survive Cancer n the illness goes while others aren't so strong. While others suffer long term hidden illnesses which is a constant battle. The message is try to live life in the moment and if somethings not working change it to have happiness or follow dreams and never give up. i love the way she got inspired by learning the guitar and finding peace with interesting beautiful objects.
October 30, 2014
I loved this movie! The message that changing your life can change your health is fabulous and life affirming. This movie was a real surprise to me.
May 24, 2014
This could have been a 5 star movie. But instead....spoiler alert.........sex, and adultery is how you find a miracle? Stupidest movie i have ever seen
December 23, 2012
It's a love story!! Don't ever miss this film If you love Rock music, Fender Startocaste or Marshall amps!
September 19, 2012
it wasn't quite a good a movie as i expected, but it's still a good one none the less. makes you really think about what you should do about your life when you find out that you only have a few months to live.
July 15, 2012
Very encouraging. Its telling us we should never lose hope!
April 20, 2012
izlemek guzeldi... konuya dahil olamasamda... "muzik hayat kurtarir" olabilir mi :D
½ February 8, 2012
its a fine movie with a fine performance. interesting cuz its based on a true story, but it is a bit slow paced and lingering. you'd have to be in the mood to watch it once but i wudnt watch it again. I did like the music doh, i liked it alot
September 5, 2011
this was the best movie I've seen in a long time...it was so mezmerising and beautiful...and sometimes poetic...Saffron gives a brave and powerful performance...the moments with the Guitar where the most powerful...

I just thought that the ending could have been better...it was good don't get me wrong but it had moments of greatness...it's a film that make you think of what you would do if you only had a couple of months to live...
shitfaced8
August 16, 2011
I don't know what this movie was trying to prove, except maybe that ownership of material things is the answer to all lifes problems. Sentimental bullshit. Even a lesbian scene with Paz de la Huerta can't save this corny abomination. Sucks. That is all.
July 18, 2011
Bought but not yet watched
½ June 15, 2011
Nerealan? Mo┼ 3/4da. Optimisti─?an? Svakako! :D
May 18, 2011
maybe it was the late hour but this quirky tale hypnotized me right at the beginning and dragged me along in a haze of disbelief and bemusement, and if the journey is the reason not the destination then this movie is amazing, on a side note it showed me the true delight of credit cards.... recommended for the few, the quiet, the marose...
½ April 24, 2011
Wouldn't say "overflow"'ed with anything. Lind like eating white rice: by itself.
April 21, 2011
Never take Dr's word you are going to die, and go mad with your credit card lol
½ January 1, 2011
2011 has started with this awesome movie The Guitar.
December 11, 2010
The Guitar
Directed by: Amy Redford
Release Date: November 7 2008

SPOILER ALERT (but not detrimentle)

Commencing at an ordinary morbid and woefull beginings it fast tracks to a 'any human finds sexually distracting/acceptAnce' ...relaxed real-life scenerio with intreage, flashing back at speratic intervals to a childhood facination with a shopfront guitar sale display, in silent awe.

It readily activates into a bit of character building though is where it lacked the most, leaving the viewer with a grossly open mind apon the nature of a dream like association to 'what if it was me' in this position. A couple of support cast join in to the largely solo performance and all up enlists a very small contingent of actors, instead relying on Saffron Burrows almost entirly.

It is well acted by the lead and a few relitive unknowners and captivats the viewer to (well I speak for myself a bit bias when I say)... un-nerving compassion & moves ones soul to no-end, for my attributes as both a solo muscian and artist, these days with little accompanyment and an allways hard to find inspiration. Complete life changes or upheavals are good for us all, too, I think though a nomadic or vagrent lifestyle should be portrayed/promoted alongside the dangers like a life of sex drugs and rock and roll. Its has concepts towards un-nuturing or homemaker/motherlyness in a mainstream sense, confronting this 'living quarters set up' near the start of the film prompting an ideal version of those confinds/worldly possesions that are so highly regarded and slow to accumulate as security surrounds of 'ideal' everyday living requirments. One thing that was missing was the love from people around her for a long term sense. Some cultures find mortal life not the terminus of love and relationships living for the longterm with love beyond the dying process.

The other obvious issue was the fact that some people believe a modern medicine affliction accompanies the diagnosis and can be elliminated by a complete sever from both the lifstyle and the connectivity of life with which it was contracted/grown aswell as the medical profession that cherns it out by the, academic/domestic for you, tonnage.

It was diplomatic in confronting these issuses and from a feminine direction point and first hand instances to refer from was brought to us without anti.... civilized world perspectives, leaving thus up to the critical slaying, like so, only 3 out of 5 stars :(

Is a best seller for the likes of myself explaining more the muscian as an artist rather than as a professional.
Similar to 'school of rock' , 'almost famous' o 'Once' because most find the auto/biographics of a success/popular story are of whom have made it commercially.
December 4, 2010
Slow, but fairly rewarding character study of a woman who upon being given just weeks to live, embarks on a rather wild new life of self-indulgence. It's quite good, but I don't care much for the message it sends (apparently having simultaneous affairs with a married negro and a woman is good for you?)