The Road Quotes
The top The Road quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- The Boy: Poppa!‐ Submitted by Donivan D (3 years ago)
- The Boy: Are you carrying the fire?The Veteran: Am I what?The Boy: Carrying the fire.The Veteran: You're kind of weirded out, aren't you, kid?The Boy: Well, are you?The Veteran: Yeah. I'm carrying the fire.
- The Boy: Because we're the good guys.The Man: Yes.The Boy: And we're carrying the fire.The Man: Yes.
- The Boy: Are we still the good guys?The Man: Yes, we're still the good guys. Of course we are.The Boy: And we always will be? No matter what happens?The Man: Always will.
- The Man: The clocks stopped at one seventeen. There was a long shear of bright light, then a series of low concussions. I think it's October but I can't be sure. I haven't kept a calender for years. Each day is more gray than the one before. It is cold and growing colder as the world slowly dies. No animals have survived, and all the crops are long gone. Someday all the trees in the world will fall. The roads are peopled by refugees towing carts, and gangs carrying weapons, looking for fuel and food.
- Wife: They're gonna catch up with us. They're gonna catch up with us and they are going to kill us.
- The Man: If he is not the word of God, then God never spoke.‐ Submitted by Phillip L (4 years ago)
- The Man: Do you ever wish you would die?Old Man: No. It's foolish to ask for luxuries in times like these.
- The Gang Member: You ain't gonna shoot that thing. You ain't got but two shells. Maybe one. And they'll hear the shot.The Man: Maybe. But you won't. Because that bullet will be through your head and in your brain before you can hear it. To hear it, you'll need a frontal lobe, and things with names like "colliculus" and "temporal gyrus". And you won't have 'em anymore, because they'll just be soup.The Gang Member: You a doctor?The Man: I'm not anything.
- The Man: You think I won't kill you? You're wrong.The Gang Member: You know what I think? I think you're chicken-shit. You never killed a man in your life.
- The Man: If I were God, I would have made the world just so and no different. And so I have you... I have you.
- The Man: You have to keep carrying the fire.The Boy: What fire?The Man: The fire inside you.
- The Man: You look at him again, I'll shoot you in the head.The Gang Member: That boy looks hungry. Why don't ya'll come on to the truck? Get you somethin' to eat. Ain't no need to be such a hard-ass.The Man: You don't have anything to eat.
- The Man: I told the boy when you dream about bad things happening, it means you're still fighting and you're still alive. It's when you start to dream about good things that you should start to worry.‐ Submitted by Chris P (5 years ago)
- The Man: I will kill anyone who touches you. Because that's my job.‐ Submitted by Chris P (5 years ago)