Angel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Angel Reviews

October 16, 2010
Sleazy and overwrought soap opera that is often hilariously unconvincing.
August 10, 2010
Exploitative & perverse genius. Sleazy but an incredibly likable cast full of genuine funny moments with Dick Shawn stealing all his scenes. Lots of tension & one douchebag of a killer.
April 16, 2010
Eighties cheese combined with eighties sleaze.  A terrible, but wonderful lead performance from Donna Wilkes as Angel/Molly, a student by day, prostitute by night that you never belive for one second.  Dick Shawn as her cross dressing maternal/paternal figure is excellent, though I?ll always see Lorenzo Saint Dubois whenever I look at him with or without a dress.  An insanely entertaining insane killer has begun slicing up Angel?s workmates, and it?s up to her to take him down.  Loaded with great character actors (Rory Calhoun, Susan Tyrrell, Cliff Gorman) and awful dialogue, this is a great watch.
½ April 5, 2010
This movie is too crazy to disappoint, from its views of Hollywood Blvd. in the 80s, to...well...everything else. Glad I hung onto my vintage VHS copy lo these many years.
January 17, 2010
Thank you Roger Corman's New World Pictures.
December 14, 2009
There is a lot in this movie. it's a great buddy picture, it's suspensful, there's a drag queen, a serial killer, prostitutes, what more could you want? :)
November 1, 2009
Pretty sure we got this out of Xtravision one night while in school. Awful of course.
October 29, 2009
High school honour student by day turns tricks at night in Hollywood to support herself after her parents abandon her. She seeks revenge on a killer who has murdered some of her street walking friends. More to this one than the poster suggests.
July 5, 2009
Very Good Old School Movie.
½ July 1, 2009
In 1984, unsuspecting movie audiences were introduced to Angel, a 15-year-old high school honor student who spends her nights as a prostitute on Hollywood Boulevard in order to support herself. This cute little girl became a cult cinema legend as the innocent little girl who kicks some ass and gets results! It all started here, though, as a psychopathic killer is killing prostitutes and Angel is thrown in the middle. It's not exactly very well done, but it's still fun. If done right, though, this could have been a great film.
June 11, 2009
B-movie awesomeness! Hollywood Boulevard in the 80's is super sleazy!
½ May 7, 2009
This is an ABC after school special, but with nudity and in the twilight zone.

Fun stuff the Egg Sucking Scene with the Killer, and the Luffah Scene.
"Scrub that Body"

Oh also fun are the Drag Queen and the Landlord.

At points I was almost in tears laughing so hard.
September 30, 2008
Watched this a long time ago, good movie
September 12, 2008
Just an 80' movie I liked
September 9, 2008
i would love to find this movie
½ July 31, 2008
Bizarre "family" feel placed onto Hollywood Boulevard street people. I always liked the poster though when I was a kid...
July 24, 2008
I wish there were chicks like this in my high school.
July 12, 2008
It was a great movie. You would never expect a 15 yr old to be able to pull something like this off.
½ July 9, 2008
Given the cast and subject matter, you think it would suck, but the original Angel is actually perverse fun.
May 21, 2008
Great Movie saw it as a teen and want to see it again