Surrogates - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Surrogates Reviews

January 20, 2015
Interesante premisa, pero que mala pelicula.
½ December 14, 2014
It doesn't surprise me that Surrogates was passed over by critics. To compound the sad state of the American movie review industry these days, Surrogates had too little hype and Bruce Willis was and is still on a low streak. Despite all of this, Surrogates really stands out. It has the feel of District 9 and I, Robot put together, combining a slick science fiction premise with thought provoking questions of humanity and a few excellent plot twists. Bruce Willis gets to shine, in large part because he gets to be precisely who he actually is, an old, washed up professional. Pike is great, with some hints of the cold command that she would eventually bring to Gone Girl. The action is also sufficiently rewarding and Surrogates takes some time to ask a few tough questions about our future. It has its flaws, but this movie is very entertaining and a great darkhorse science fiction film.
November 20, 2014
Bruce Willis is bad ass in this movie, but everything else is kinda dumb
November 13, 2014
It's a mediocre sci-fi movie that had the potential to be much better movie. I see all kind of missed opportunities where they could have twisted the plot around to make it a much better story line.
October 13, 2014
This movie takes place in the not so distant future when everyone pretty much is a surragate and they are safely controlled in their homes pretty much making murder a thing of the past. But when the creater of the surragates son is murdered an FBI agent must go alone not as his surragate to solve the mystery. It's a battle between surragates and humans. It has a TERMINATOR feel to it because its the same thing just about between the battle of man against the machine. Along with great special effects you are getting some great and exciting action scenes. And it's a pretty neat and complex story. You have to kind of pay attention at some parts to know what is going on or you might get lost. But it's a very unique and interesting plot all headed up with one of the biggest and most exciting action stars Bruce Willis. Exciting action, a very unique story,and great acting are what you are going to get when you pop in the movie Surragates.
½ October 4, 2014
Personally loved it but so many people hated it. Love a bit of Willis.
½ October 3, 2014
was suppose to have a deep meaning but wasn't brought out well
½ September 26, 2014
Really was looking forward to seeing this movie. The plot turned out to be very weak.
August 24, 2014
Kind'a like the Sims, only worse! (Still not stopped me wanting a 'surrogate' though!)
August 21, 2014
Want to see if Bruce still has it. By looks of the trailer I'm going to say yes.
August 17, 2014
Surrogates sees a world were humans stay at home and control there robot from the comfort of never leaving the house. Soon people are killing them off while also killing the user and Bruce Willis must work out what is happening before he is killed himself
August 12, 2014
Creepy to thing that the world could come to this and Bruce Willis just weirded me out.
½ August 5, 2014
In a future where humanity is isolated, pain-free and docile - because instead of venturing out themselves, they send surrogates, perfect mechanical counterparts, to do the work. But when a murder shatters this perfect world, an FBI agent will discover a conspiracy behind this perfect world and will have to abandon his own surrogate and risk his own life to find the truth. The way the movie is shot was really well done and Bruce Wills didn't do a bad job in this movie. But the story and the characters were flat and all of this had be done to death by now.
½ July 30, 2014
(First and only viewing - 2/12/2011)
July 26, 2014
This film is...well...ok (for want of a better word)
The idea is brilliant, but the execution less so. It feels like Mostow and his writers have jumped in head first with little idea of what they actually planned to achieve. The film has a lot of potential but seems to fall short just when it could get interesting. It is also rife with plot holes.
The cast all do well and are different enough from their robotic selves to give due credit. Rosamund Pike in particular is subtle in her changes and a joy to watch. Credit also due to the costume and make up department for making the surrogates suitably plastic and perfect. I wanted so much more from this film. Pity it didn't deliver.
½ July 17, 2014
I thought it was going to be crap due to all the negative reviews but it's actually a pretty good film. The 'surrogates' concept is excellent - however if they had not tried to make it a 'bang bang blockbuster' movie it would have been a real classic. At the end of the film I was not disappointed - instead it was thought provoking and made me wonder what kind of world we are heading to and what would happen if all the technology was switched off tomorrow.
½ July 13, 2014
Kind of cool, definitely my kind of movie, although it was a little disappointing I thought it was in its own way, a better movie for being disappointing and not trying to be totally epic or have the best hd special effects. Just a decent little flick... the rottentomatoes general two-sentence review pretty much sums it up. Lots of action. Lots and lots of action.
July 12, 2014
An interesting story that was not capitalized in the film
June 28, 2014
Excellent futuristic film, worth a watch.
June 24, 2014
Not Bruce's best. A little rushed and a bit short. characters are not very memorable, but the premise hold a lot of promise. Worth a watch but it doesn't blow you away