The Promotion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Promotion Reviews

April 25, 2013
Fun story, good acting, great chemistry.
½ April 1, 2013
This film, I'm sure, was supposed to be funny but it isn't. Also has the worst acted Scottish accent ever!!! Ever!!!
March 31, 2013
The Promotion has a lot of potential to be funny or even quite smart but in the end it just ends up leaving an awkward mess in almost every aisle.
March 6, 2013
you people who didn't like this are idiots.
½ January 23, 2013
Seann William Scott deserves a better role then this!
January 5, 2013
Somewhat fascinating, in a "What would happen to a comedy if you shot, edited and scored it like a drama?" kind of way.
½ January 2, 2013
Worst film I have ever seen
½ December 31, 2012
This is possibly the first Seann William Scott I've liked. Certainly, this movie is immeasurably better than 'Role Models' and the difference is that this movie wasn't trying too hard to be funny.

Seann William Scott plays a likable, yet flawed character, up against the always watchable John C. Reilly, who I've enjoyed ever since 'For the Love of the Game' alongside Kevin Costner (see it!) and more recently, 'Step Brothers'.

In a slow moving, yet interesting and well written story, the the movie rarely strays from the struggle between William Scott and Reilly for the promotion they both long for.

Jenna Fischer (The Office), Gil Bellows (Ally McBeal) and Jason Bateman add solid support but they are merely bit-players, as William Scott and Reilly steal the show.

I'd recommend this movie if you're looking for something a bit different and if you want to see William Scott in a different role compared to some of the usual rubbish he involves himself with.
December 5, 2012
Deadpan humour when most of the jokes simply don't work & Seann William Scott is terrible here & I usually like him, Overall the movie has its moments & the ending wasn't the crappy ending I was expecting which is a good thing I geuss
November 23, 2012
It humanizes its characters and has some good laughs, the first half is a little light on humor but it picks up to a great second half.
November 11, 2012
So-so competitive business flick. Feel bad for Scott & Reilly as they are much better that this mediocre film.
October 31, 2012
John C. Reilly rules.
½ October 28, 2012
I expected more out of both the actors and the comedy level.

2008 Movies: 115
October 24, 2012
mooie, rustige film, geniaal einde!
October 10, 2012
March 23rd 2010
October 9th 2012
October 7, 2012
Not really funny enough to pass as a comedy and not serious enough to be a drama. It's only appeal was, having worked in a shop they did get a lot of things pretty close to how it is.
½ September 27, 2012
Very low key, favouring the subtle approach to comedy that lacks nowadays leaving us with a refreshing, though familiar tale of two people battling for one thing. This is also helped by the two leads producing likeable characters, Reilly being strong as usual but Scott being the real surprise with the stand out performance that shows there is much more to him than gross out!
September 26, 2012
Kind of funny, kind of touching, kind of different.
½ September 23, 2012
This film was okay it wasn't that great, but it did have some funny parts to it.
September 22, 2012