L'invité - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

L'invité Reviews

½ April 6, 2008
The movie is about a hapless couple with the husband getting a job to head an aluminium production in Indonesia. Entertaining, charming and very daggy! I can't stand the 'stupidity' sometimes but I did have lots of laughter.
½ April 5, 2008
Funny French movie (aka The Dinner Guest) with English subtitles. Light entertainment and novel plot.
April 3, 2008
dans la veine du diner de con... Drôle avec des excellentes répliques !!!
March 31, 2008
Comédie française de base. Plaisant de voir, mais rien de vraiment spécial. J'aime bien Auteuil et Lhermitte.
½ March 31, 2008
pas joli joli comme comédie.... j'ai trouver ça vraiment mal joué...
½ March 31, 2008
Sympathique et amusant
March 17, 2008
aka The Dinner Guest. Gotta love a bit of French comedy, especially where Daniel Auteuil and Thierry Lhermitte are involved! Very much in the vein of The Dinner Game and The Closet, though perhaps not quite as brilliant as those two. Some great laugh out loud moments.
March 15, 2008
It was a cute film.. Maybe better if I wasn't 10 minutes late into it (admittedly). The pace was good and quite witty in many places.. Ending could've been better but I'm sure if I watched the crucial first 10 minutes this movie may have gotten a better rating. Worth a watch (make sure you get subtitles!!!).
March 9, 2008
I was hoping for more, given the cast, but it was an enjoyable enough romp. Interesting characters, some hilarious scenes... All-in-all a good, not great, film.
March 7, 2008
Un petit film sans prétention. Girardot est totaltement nul dans ce film ! A moins une seule fois...
½ March 6, 2008
Painfully unfunny and smug piece of shit.

Avoid at all costs
February 26, 2008
Raté: gags lourds et pas drôles, les 3 acteurs jouent mal et l'histoire est convenue
½ February 23, 2008
Probably it it worth see for a one time, as light intellectual comedy. But certainly it nothing more than that.
January 23, 2008
Made a bit snappier to be only an hour it would have been a great bit of telly. No place in the cinema though.