Felon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Felon Reviews

February 2, 2016
'was just clicking through the Netflix library and picked some random movie...I did not regret it.
October 27, 2015
Much much ahead of many many overrated dramas and Dorff does the best he could offer.
May 26, 2015
Rather great flick, nice to see Kilmer doing some good stuff again :)
January 2, 2015
A very good prison movie and i happens to like most of these kind of movies. Both Stephen Dorff and Val Kilmer are on top in this one for a change. Story are nice aswell and its very excitement to follow it til the end. Pretty good fights scenes also for the action part. A must see movie *thumbs up*
May 16, 2014
No Papillon, but a solid prison drama that Val Kilmer surprisingly nails.
March 16, 2014
Do you like a gritty all to real tale or are you a softie? Anybody who did not appreciate this movie is the latter.
And Val Kilmer is actually doing a good job.
So don't take the 61% tomatometer that you see when searching this movie. Trust me is abou 85%
½ November 25, 2013
Not a big fan of prison movies, and this one was a bit hard to digest. Well acted and paced. More profound than most.
½ October 30, 2013
The first two thirds of this film are brilliant, pure and simple. The final third does get muddled a bit with a few overly-plot-driven occasions along with some rather shallow closing thoughts. Nevertheless, all things added up, this is a very strong and even-handed picture. Highly recommended.
½ October 9, 2013
The leads are good despite the stereotyped story, which was predictable.
½ September 13, 2013
its a good movie for sure, but i just couldnt enjoy it.
August 20, 2013
I am going to skip this.
August 3, 2013
One of the most gripping prison movies since a long time.The cinematography is perfect and combined with the steady paced screenplay, Felon brilliantly showcases the existence of brutality and violence in the prison system.Stephen Dorff and Val Kilmer were pretty much solid all through, but special mention needs to be tended to Harold Perrineau as he suits up as a sadistic antagonist in his role as the prison incharge. Just dont expect the Shawshank Redemption stuff...this one is way too hotter!!!!
½ July 21, 2013
Great insight into some true aspects and wrongs inside many prison systems. Recommend to watch.
½ June 22, 2013
Pretty strong movie.
June 19, 2013
Very solid, character-driven movie with impressive performances all around.
June 10, 2013
Stephen Dorff puts in a great performance as a construction worker who accidentally kills an intruder in his home and finds himself incarcerated in a maximum security prison, where he is going to fight to survive, literally. Simple but effective, Felon is not another action movie set in a prison, but a fairly realistic prison drama, with good action scenes.
June 9, 2013
Felon. It's not a classic. It lacks depth. I'm not sure it was all that realistic and I still can't tell if Val Kilmer's beard was real. Let me make this next point clear. I DON'T care. This movie is not about how realistic it is because it is not trying to be the next Shawshank Redemption. It simply tells a heart-breaking story about a man who was put in fucked up situation, ripped from his wife and kids, and forced to spend 3 years in a maximum security prison. It makes you feel very emotional and that's okay because movies do not always need to be deep and tell life-altering deep-meaning bullshit. It's gruesome, bloody, even gory at times, and makes me thrilled that I am lucky enough to never cross paths with some of the savages that end up in prison. It's an unfortunate yet intriguing story that selfishly eases my nerves with a "happy" ending even though the movie would have been so much better without it. Kilmer is great. Dorff is great. I loved it and was fully entertained for 2 straight hours never once losing concentration. 8/10
½ June 8, 2013
Awesome movie. Very real.
May 28, 2013
loved it. Actually more realistic than you'd think. Val Kilmers first line is hillarious