Felon Reviews

• Jul 27, 2019

This is in my top 3 favorite movies of all time. The entire movie is entertaining from start to finish. The story is phenomenal. The acting is outrageously good. The fighting scenes are remarkably real looking. Even if this were out of ten stars I would still rate it the best. I would HIGHLY recommend this movie to anyone who is a fan of high intensity action, a badass story line, and great acting.

• Jul 31, 2017

A new convict (Stephen Dorff) struggles to maintain his sanity and sense of humanity after he's thrust into a prison system in which a brutal guard (Harold Perrineau) encourages gladiatorial combat between inmates.

• Mar 14, 2017

I told my girlfriend she should watch this movie called "Felon," and that it's about a guy who doesnt really belong in prison and gets into fights. She didnt like the sound of it (she digs Harry Potter movies) but having seen it before I insisted and she agreed to watch it. She was pulled into the movie after this first ten or fifteen minutes. "Felon" keeps you paying attention through the whole duration of the movie. There are no drawn out or irrelevant scenes, nothing you would feel you have to fast forward through. The sappiness is kept extremely minimal and when it is used, it works. The acting in this movie is excellent as well as the casting. Hell I bet half of these guys probabaly are ex-cons. You truly feel for Wade Porter as he continually gets screwed over. He's a guy you want to see out of prison and as the movie progresses you really get the feeling of how impossible that reality may become for him. I'll close this out with saying that "Felon" does an excellent job at making you never ever EVER want to go to prison.

• May 08, 2016

Interesting enough but not quite mind-blowing.It had it's moments,kept me interested and wanting to know how it will end.I have to admit thought thatI wasn't really surprised with the finale,but the movie was still interesting because this theme is really unknown and unfamiliar to me.For that I have to say that itserved its purpose.I have to admit thought that I wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't on TV.Certainly I won't sit and watch it again.

• Feb 02, 2016

'was just clicking through the Netflix library and picked some random movie...I did not regret it.

• Oct 25, 2015

Much much ahead of many many overrated dramas and Dorff does the best he could offer.

• May 16, 2014

No Papillon, but a solid prison drama that Val Kilmer surprisingly nails.

No Papillon, but a solid prison drama that Val Kilmer surprisingly nails.

• Mar 16, 2014

Do you like a gritty all to real tale or are you a softie? Anybody who did not appreciate this movie is the latter. And Val Kilmer is actually doing a good job. So don't take the 61% tomatometer that you see when searching this movie. Trust me is abou 85%

• Nov 25, 2013

Not a big fan of prison movies, and this one was a bit hard to digest. Well acted and paced. More profound than most.

• Oct 09, 2013

The leads are good despite the stereotyped story, which was predictable.

The leads are good despite the stereotyped story, which was predictable.