Felon Reviews

• May 20, 2020

One of the most frightening movies I have seen. Stephen Dorff is fantastic, transforming from newbie prisoner to hardened convict. Val Kilmer is very convincing as the long term convict instructing the newbie. The gladiatorial battles forced on the inmates by the guards is an old and tired form of prison corruption that shows a lack of creativity. The pacing of the movie is quite good.

• Apr 28, 2020

Not as good as Shot Caller which is a similar movie by the same director but still a good watch.

• Mar 11, 2020

Just like Shotcaller this is a really good movie about the struggles of prison even if a bit exaggerated. This director really knows how to tell these types of stories very good and I would love to see him Branch out into other areas in the future. Also, Val does a fantastic job in this movie and he deserves to get some bigger roles because he's still a great actor.

• Jan 04, 2020

Felon is a pretty good movie. It made me anxious the whole time. Steven Dorf's transformation from naive to bad ass was amazing. I always think Val Kilmer is great. The story pissed me off from the beginning. Only in the fact that this happens in real life. No one should be incarcerated for protecting their family- even if they flee your home. What is to say they will never do it again? Harold did a great job as the bad cop. I just wished he would have lived so he could be in prison too. Very good movie.

• Jul 27, 2019

This is in my top 3 favorite movies of all time. The entire movie is entertaining from start to finish. The story is phenomenal. The acting is outrageously good. The fighting scenes are remarkably real looking. Even if this were out of ten stars I would still rate it the best. I would HIGHLY recommend this movie to anyone who is a fan of high intensity action, a badass story line, and great acting.

• Jul 31, 2017

A new convict (Stephen Dorff) struggles to maintain his sanity and sense of humanity after he's thrust into a prison system in which a brutal guard (Harold Perrineau) encourages gladiatorial combat between inmates.

• Mar 14, 2017

I told my girlfriend she should watch this movie called "Felon," and that it's about a guy who doesnt really belong in prison and gets into fights. She didnt like the sound of it (she digs Harry Potter movies) but having seen it before I insisted and she agreed to watch it. She was pulled into the movie after this first ten or fifteen minutes. "Felon" keeps you paying attention through the whole duration of the movie. There are no drawn out or irrelevant scenes, nothing you would feel you have to fast forward through. The sappiness is kept extremely minimal and when it is used, it works. The acting in this movie is excellent as well as the casting. Hell I bet half of these guys probabaly are ex-cons. You truly feel for Wade Porter as he continually gets screwed over. He's a guy you want to see out of prison and as the movie progresses you really get the feeling of how impossible that reality may become for him. I'll close this out with saying that "Felon" does an excellent job at making you never ever EVER want to go to prison.

• May 08, 2016

Interesting enough but not quite mind-blowing.It had it's moments,kept me interested and wanting to know how it will end.I have to admit thought thatI wasn't really surprised with the finale,but the movie was still interesting because this theme is really unknown and unfamiliar to me.For that I have to say that itserved its purpose.I have to admit thought that I wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't on TV.Certainly I won't sit and watch it again.

• Feb 02, 2016

'was just clicking through the Netflix library and picked some random movie...I did not regret it.

• Oct 25, 2015

Much much ahead of many many overrated dramas and Dorff does the best he could offer.