Seed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seed Reviews

½ August 14, 2012
Badly made, poorly scripted, and with no clear point to it what so ever, and its use of real animal cruelty footage is totally uncalled for. Seed is a total train wreck that didn't need to be made.
August 6, 2012
This is by far the THE MOST TWISTED, MESSED UP, YOU WANT TO GO HOME AND CRY TO MAMA JUST THIS MOVIE MADE YOU ITS BITCH. YES I SAID IT THIS MOVIE ISNT FOR WIMPS I GIVE THIS MOVE A FOUR AND A HALF BOOOM SOLUTE!!! MARILYN MANSON EVEN WOULD SQUIRM IN HIS ASSLESS CHAPS JUST IN THE FIRST 5 MINUTS OF THIS MOVIE.!!!!! AWW LOOK AT THE PUPPYS ARENT THEY CUTE!!! WELL THERE EVEN CUTER WHEN THEY SCREAM WHILE BEING SKINNED ALIVE BUY THE CHINESE!!!!! THIS MOVIE MADE ME EVEN THINK TWICE ABOUT GOING TO MY FAVORITE EATERIE CHINA CHEF LET ME SMELL THE FOOD FIRST!!! DAMN THIS MOVIE EVEN MESSED UP MY FAVORITE MUNCHY SPOT!!!! SORRY IM RAMBALING LOVE IT WATCH IT SEE IT!!! BAM IM OUT
½ July 25, 2012
This might be the worst movie I've ever seen. About as imaginative as a tube sock.
July 25, 2012
Sick and disgusting film its hard to watch but still interesting and just very shocking
July 24, 2012
Ao contrario da maioria do pessoal eu não achei o filme p (C)ssimo. sim exagerado, at (C) porque dizem se tratar de um filme baseado em fatos reais e nem metade do que aconteceu poderia ser real. Porem achei um suspense interessante e com uma trilha sonora maravilhosa.
½ May 29, 2012
Typical Uwe Boll style: very mediocre. The animal torture footage at the beginning of the movie is almost impossible to watch.
March 16, 2012
OH. MY. FUCKING. JESUS. GOD. This may be the most disturbing movie I have ever seen. If you watch it, do yourself a favor: skip the opening scene and start it after the opening credits. I wish I had been warned, and I'm actually taking away a star for it. Other than that, it delivered everything you want from this genre. I would have given it 5 stars if I hadn't been subjected to the sick shit in the beginning.
½ March 2, 2012
Dreadful. Uwe Boll is the worst director in cinema history
½ February 25, 2012
It wasnt overly stupid , just the first credits were nasty. the rest was all to ludacris but whats scary is that this could take place in real life. THAT IS WHAT UWE BOLL is getting at
½ January 26, 2012
A bad, bad film. The complete absence of any kind of story arc is astonishing. The scene is set (I don't know whether this peculiar clause is actually written into US Law, but I very much doubt it), Seed returns, everyone dies. Brutally.
The acting is mediocre, lighting is abysmal and I found myself waiting for a redemption that never arrived. One to be hastily avoided.
½ January 9, 2012
One of the bombest movies ever.....it has bad acting but besides that bomb......watch it with your favorite pet in case your scared...
January 1, 2012
Okay, so again, for starters, DON"T WATCH SEED unless you can handle truly depraved cinema. Secondly, I am going to champion Seed as an unrelentingly brutal piece of slasher cinema that simultaneously comments on the darkness and cruelty inherent in human nature. Yes, Uwe Boll generally sucks as a director, and Seed is by no means subtle in its message or its delivery; however, it manages to disturb even an avid viewer extreme cinema in a stylish and provocative manner. It features the same plot as Wes Craven's somewhat decent Shocker but elevates it to another level of brutality and meaning.
½ December 2, 2011
I gave this movie half a star because you cannot give it any less.I watched about 4 minutes of this movie and it was 4 minutes too many!!! Anyone who enjoys watching/doing any of the things shown in the start of this film should check themselves into a mental institution right away!!!
½ November 1, 2011
I watched it w/ my dog the first time ....and then i killed her o_O ... jk This movie was great and it had some good scares. I don't want to ruin any parts but its pretty brutalsss. Don't listen to the negative reviews, its at least worth a watch.
October 18, 2011
This movie is favorite Uwe Boll of all time, because it make sense on what he wants. I'm going to spoil it, because know everybody hasn't seen this movie this movie yet, so I know what it's like spoiling a movie in front of people, and I get why this killer didn't get killed by the electric chair, and again I'm not going to spoil it, sorry. The setting look great, so it does look like th
September 17, 2011
The only good thing I can find from the trailer is the special effects... They're brutally amazing.
September 8, 2011
Seed is written and directed by Uwe Boll. It is a movie about a serial killer who enjoys watching things die and decompose over a period of weeks. Thankfully this movie gives the squeamish two or three chances to vacate the room or stop the movie before they are irreversibly offended. Our first opportunity is given at the opening credits, where archival footage of animal cruelty from PETA is shown. These are very difficult to watch. If you do get past that, there is another scene in the beginning which goes on for what feels like ten minutes too long. Seed is full of wrenching scenes that simultaneously outrage and horrify. A couple of scenes stand out so harshly in my mind that it almost seems as if they were such intense reveries of Boll's that he felt compelled to depict in film. Indeed, by the end a thought arose that this entire movie was a filler for three or four scenes of intense grotesque. That said, keep in mind they are not simple shock/gore scenes either. They are intensely disturbing in thought, aside from any particular medium, and do in fact make their statements about humanity. They are not cheap thrills.

The content alone is enough to disturb even the most hardened horror fan, but Boll's directing style enhances the terror. The movie has an undeniably gritty feel from beginning to end, and this is accentuated by the camera's sense of almost light-headedness. The prolonged panic the victims must feel is conveyed through the way the camera sways and reels. It is hard to describe, but the way the camera ushers you through this hellishness is very engaging. At times the camera employs vicious close ups and sudden pullbacks reminiscent, for me, of the camera angles of the Resident Evil 4 and 5 video games. This is contrasted with the seemingly floaty feel of the camera almost everywhere else in the film. It reminds me of being lightheaded, perhaps from a mixture of panic and claustrophobia. There was an instance where I actually thought the camera man was going to fall down the flight of stairs he was pointing down. While this is effective, it also calls attention to itself in more mundane scenes where simple dialogue is the focus.

Though this movie may look like a Saw or Hostel type of shock gore/torture thriller it is not. It is far worse and by that I mean better. While those movies may be gross, they at least have their redeeming morale or the goodness of the human spirit prevails. Not so in Seed. This film transcends gross. There is no hope, no redemption. This movie is awful. All the way til the very end it has you begging the filmmaker to show some humanity, to let up a little, give us a little victory of some kind..

A bumpy ride for those of us with iron stomachs, though I doubt anyone can easily shake off the unease which lingers.
August 1, 2011
All I gotta say for this movie is SERIOUSLY!!! I would say I demand my money back after seeing this but it didn't cost me anything. How about I demand my Netflix paid for a month after seeing this kinda garbage. I mean, SERIOUSLY!!! Gimme a fucking break!
July 23, 2011
not to bad some real good scenes in this one
½ July 22, 2011
It's a film that begins with several minutes of real animal torture footage (explained away by apparently making a point about humanity) and then descends into an incoherent, utterly immoral montage of poor CGI violence and laughably bad dialogue. It makes no sense. It truly is vile, despicable film making.
Uwe puts the 'Boll' back in diabolical.