Splinter Reviews

• Aug 08, 2019

This low budget film shows how to make a movie like The Thing! SO much better than The Thing.

• May 27, 2019

"Splinter" is good for what it is. A monster movie that may be a little outdated but still a fun ride. The monster is a little silly but I'm a sucker for a group of people getting stranded in a store while a monster is lurking outside.

• Dec 31, 2018

Give me a low budget thriller with no-name stars any day over the overblown, overhyped garbage that passes for hits these days. Builds suspense. Keeps it coming. Pacing good, scares adequate, dark creepy southern rural night locked in a gas station with a killer: check. Satisfying and cool.

• Apr 14, 2018

Very, very underrated. Very, very scary. I recommend this to any horror fans out there!

• Mar 20, 2018

D-. The only redeeming quality of this movie was the occasional good monster/splinter shot. The final monster was a joke, there were editing/plot mistakes, and the plot turned stupid to the point of major audience insult.

• Nov 28, 2017

A somewhat imperfect, yet overall greatly executed horror flick about a particularly nasty parasite that kills and infects victims through splinters. Where this film succeeds is in both the exemplary emphasis on developing the characters, and in the absolutely phenomenal practical gore effects, as there is not even an OUNCE of CGI in this movie, which suits it amazingly well, especially considering it's slight similarity to "The Thing". 8.7/10

• Nov 28, 2017

Scary and thrilling...

Scary and thrilling...

• Nov 08, 2017

one of the best low budget movies i have seen.

one of the best low budget movies i have seen.

• Oct 08, 2017

Well done! Loved it!

Well done! Loved it!

• Sep 12, 2017

Splinter had its moments but I was hoping for more. Overall it's a good story and premise but failed keeping me entertained. The acting is decent along with the camera shots and monster effects. The boyfriend is pretty much worthless and surprised he didn't die. It is worth the watch but you may be let down with where the story goes.