Loft - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Loft Reviews

July 27, 2016
Secrets are deadly, an atmospheric thriller that Belgium Cinema should be proud of.
February 21, 2016
Crazy, his little sister though...she was fine lol
½ December 16, 2015
In its insistence on being smart and surprising - which this efficient thriller is for the most part -, it also comes off as a bit contrived and over the top like a Melrose Place-like soap-opera, directed and edited as a telefilm and with a dialogue that sounds at times pretty expository.
October 23, 2015
Good pacing and acting. Plot kept me guessing.
September 26, 2015
With the suspense as thick as blood and intrigue as alluring as forbidden fruit, the twisty plot of this whodunit from Belgium may not exactly hold water but it is no denial that the thriller is atmospheric and riveting from start to finish.
July 5, 2015
It had me guessing all thru the movie. I'll buy
½ March 12, 2015
A masterpiece of Hitchcockian proportions, Loft is a close-quarters, foreign thriller that kept me guessing right until the end and the mystery unfolds masterfully. The all-Belgian cast is excellent at casting doubt amongst the men, and I totally bought their chemistry as both friends and possible foes. The story is very simple, but absolutely perfect for the director's vision and the constant use of flashbacks to deliver the necessary information was flawless. I was blown away by this film and wouldn't have known a thing about it had it not been for the "allegedly" terrible American remake; what a shame that could've been. The ending went one twist too far in my opinion and lessened the impact of an already stellar conclusion, but that is the only fault I can find in this remarkable film and it's further proof that the best stories don't always come out of Hollywood!
February 14, 2015
Tightly plotted, suspenseful and well acted, Loft is an intelligent, well crafted thriller that keeps you guessing until the very end.
December 23, 2014
The Europeans prove they're still going strong at a genre Hollywood hasn't produced with any proficiency since the early 80s - the sex thriller aimed at adults rather than teenage boys. A Hitchcockian mystery - without the try-hard implications that phrase usually implies -shot beautifully and performed masterfully. If there's a sore point, it's the slight over-reliance on glossy euro-chic design; all the luxe is actually in pursuit of a point about exploitation and class, but it occasionally looks too much like a Bang + Olufsen commercial, giving rise to a feeling of lifestyle envy that will have you shrieking "nobody ever leaves dead hookers in MY apartment!"
½ October 24, 2014
Best flemisch movie ever, box office hit in Belgium and in 2012 a American remake with James Marsden, Karl Urban, ...
½ September 11, 2014
a good one for a thriller!
June 4, 2014
real scandinavian thriller
½ May 16, 2014
Love is ... Sharing a loft with friends so your wife can't find out you're unfaithful--Has the Charged Tension of A Hitchcock Thriller.. Murder they wrote!!
March 25, 2014
It looked pretty straight-forward - how can anything go wrong if we all keep our secret so nobody finds out and nobody gets hurt. Boys-own group-think, or so we are led to believe. You do need to pay attention. It reminded me of some of the dark Scandinavian mysteries. Well worth a watch.
February 27, 2014
The 1st original one from Belgium. I watched the Dutch re-made before this, whilst there will be a Hollywood re-make one up & coming.
Fair in the plot lines twists & turns.
The question is, such story really deserves the eternal re-makes?
February 5, 2014
I see a lot of Dutch, German, Belgian and French movies and it strikes me that most of the thrillers from these countries are now full of ugly people cavorting round in very ugly scenery made of concrete and steel. This movie is a good example. I couldn't care less about the twists and turns of the clever dickie script. I wish all main characters were the person we see falling from the loft at the very beginning. What a bunch of losers!
½ November 30, 2013
Loft is a great mystery thriller from Belgium. It has all the elements and makes good use of them.
½ September 20, 2013
Overated movie. But it's still an interesting concept. The photography is also very good and a score that keeps the tension until the end.
August 17, 2013
Excellent movie, it had me intrigue all the way to the end.
½ August 8, 2013
Intriguing and captivating. This film will have your attention during all its length because of the great direction of Erik Van Looy and the powerful performances of the five men who lead the story. Loft is a little bit predictable because of the behavior of some characters but it's a powerful thriller and drama that should be watched by any movie fan.