Rage Reviews

• Oct 24, 2019

In a rare positive review, Armond White of New York Press described the film as 'a refreshing reminder of true cinematic values'. Can confirm.

• Dec 03, 2014

Thought this was a fascinating film!

Thought this was a fascinating film!

• Jun 06, 2013

I was so disappointed. A very interesting concept with some great actors but the result was just a bit rubbish. I kept trying to like it, to find it clever but it all just felt like a big missed opportunity. The script was at times clever but the majority of the time was incredibly silly and just felt very unreal. The relationship between all the actors and the camera felt unrealistic. Jude Law, Adriana Barraza and Rizwan Ahmed were, I felt, the strongest actors. Lily Cole's performance was shocking as was Jakob Cedergen's and David Oyelowo. I think mainly because their characters were so far fetched and general plot became ridiculous. A set of monologues into the reality of the fashion world is quite a cool idea but for it to be totally original it has to feel honest. This just felt like a big, silly cliché. A real shame!

• Oct 25, 2011

SO ORIGINAL and perfectly cast and scripted!! :))

SO ORIGINAL and perfectly cast and scripted!! :))

• Jun 07, 2011

Not as bad as everyone rates it. And the most positive side of the project is acting: everyone is doing their job well. I will say some words about Lily Cole: as being non-professional actress she tryes a lot to perform well.

• May 20, 2011

very unique love it and must say that youll either love it or hate it

very unique love it and must say that youll either love it or hate it

• May 18, 2011

This is apparently the end result of the film project which formed the back story for 'The Tango Lesson'. For the amount of time and effort that went into this it has to be considered a disappointment. Its really just a bunch of monologues by the actors and the plot is pretty much beside the point. The actors are very good and kept me entertained, but really no more so than if they had been talking about 'What I did last summer'. The most interesting segments feature Jude Law who masterfully plays a drag fashion model. Because of the lack of action or sets the movie can be watched on a small screen so it might be worth putting on a smartphone/tablet for an airplane flight but unfortunately thats about it.

• Apr 25, 2011

Pretentious guff. Plus, who keeps on giving Jude Law work?

Pretentious guff. Plus, who keeps on giving Jude Law work?

• Apr 15, 2011

Wonderful and great piece of work. Feels more like a stage play than anything though where we just watch the actors talk to us. So many great performances here and Jude Law is most memorable here as well as the drag queen model.

• Mar 06, 2011

The movie is original, but is not even remotely entertaining or have any substance. You become bored quickly and can't get anything back. You want it over as you watch it. This should have been a ten minute short film.