April Showers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

April Showers Reviews

½ October 1, 2010
Great indie drama film portraying events surrounding a school shooting in an average american high school. I did find the movie dry at certain times but the movie has a great message to deliver.

The film focuses on the survivors of the shooting rather than on the shooter himself (the director of the film is a Columbine graduate and survivor of the Columbine shooting). Definitely an emotional film.
September 9, 2010
realy nice and pure, good acting
½ September 5, 2010
This movie is directly about Columbine, it's a wonderful movie and it raises some great points. Worth the 90 minutes to watch it.
½ August 10, 2010
An emotionally and psychologically intense take on what the students of Columbine high school went through on the tragic day of the shootings. Based on actual events and true accounts from the students perspective, it is a compelling drama that will surely bring a tear to your eye. The raw emotion shown in this unique indie film produced by one of the surviving students, makes this a must see film.
½ July 27, 2010
Completely heartbreaking.
June 12, 2010
A decently made file about one of the worst events our generation contributed to American history. Oh, and my Father-in-law is in it.
½ March 27, 2010
Emotional & Romantic
½ January 30, 2010
"the fear of pain is the fear of living"
½ January 2, 2010
what can I say but wow...
December 7, 2009
indie depth examining the post event emotions of those involved.
November 15, 2009
This movie was totally different from everything I've seen lately... Such a sad and touching story...
October 30, 2009
WOW i love to see a real story
½ October 26, 2009
Disgusting, disturbing film. Whoever thought a Columbine survivor should make a movie about a school shooting seriously didn't think it through too well. Never mind the actual school shooting, the aftermath is perhaps the most warped part. Produced by Pure Motive and EMO Films, they are up front and center about the film from their names alone. Overly long, it is 104 minutes, not 94 unlike what Flixster says. I'll even overlook the confusing casting of Tom Arnold (who I'm sure is proud of his role, it is among his best work - but no one can separate him from him which sullies his performance), but I cannot forgive the three parallel stories of three men. The main character is a total nutjob, the false hero is waaaaaaay too overdone, and the scapegoat is worse than both of them. Notice how the police and media are depicted as overly aggressive, scheming, evil, etc. Don't let Robinson make a movie like this. Let him make a different movie - that's fine. But too much doesn't ring true in this film. It just feels like a diary entry - which coincidentally is how the movie ends. Horrifically in poor taste from start to finish. It's not gross, it's not overly exploitive, it's just wrong.
October 26, 2009
This film tried to but ultimately failed. Extremely disappointed.
October 26, 2009
This film tried to but ultimately failed. Extremely disappointed.
October 24, 2009
This was sad to watch, imagining the poor kids this type of thing happens to. The a tong was good and the scenes went together well. I expected it to be a bit more emotional and hard to watch, but I felt that it didn't deliver as well on those parts, but considering this is based on real events, it was a good film to watch.
October 22, 2009
Another tragic film that was heartbreaking to watch. I'm drawn to films like this.
September 4, 2009
the best dramatic movie after Titanic . i cried :D
½ August 13, 2009
I thought this movie was outstanding. The actors protrayed their individual character with such grace and feeling. The movie had me in tears in more than a few places.
½ August 2, 2009
This movie was sad; and worse, it was based on real events and that made it even more upsetting.