The Watch Reviews

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jun 03, 2016

It's TV Movie as Hell, no two ways about it. But hidden amongst that are a couple of moments of pretty genuine creepiness, something that eludes the majority of horrors. It's wrapped up so neatly that it's almost to the point of being confronting, again, not a staple in the horror genre. I just wish it had been a little more entertaining.

• Erin C Super Reviewer
    Jun 23, 2015

I enjoyed this - creepy and keeps you thinking!

I enjoyed this - creepy and keeps you thinking!

• Jun 02, 2012

Scary film drops the ball so spectacularly that it becomes pointless. None of the opportunities to keep thrills up are taken, so last 15 minutes flat, leaving you with shock and disapointment when credits roll.

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Aug 28, 2011

Interesting horror film which isn't quite what it appears to be! I liked it. I am surprised by the negative comments it has had. First of all, had better add that this is the Clea Duvall movie I am reviewing - I am not sure what is going on with the "cast" list and the 15 minute running time on the description, but judging by the other reviewers who seem to be reviewing the same movie I am, I would say it's one of the mixed up Flixster pages I see from time to time that somehow get meshed together with two different films. I picked this one up for $2 as I like Clea Duvall... wasn't expecting a whole lot, but was pleasantly surprised with it. Not bad at all for a straight to DVD movie - had good suspense and was really quite creepy. Also, considering much of it is just Clea in a cabin, it runs pretty quickly. I guess maybe I would have preferred if it stuck to what it appears to be, but I've seen a lot of that, and this made a nice change. Something a bit different. Definitely worth the hour and a half and the $2!

• Nov 29, 2010

Nice horror/thriller to pass the time.

Nice horror/thriller to pass the time.

• Aug 07, 2010

Of the twist endings that I theorized for this movie, two of them came true. Lots of scary sounds and such, but it felt too manipulative to be truly scary. The ending was far too obvious. All things considered, though, it was a pretty good movie.

• Jan 04, 2010

I am a sucker for bad lifetime movies...this was no disappointment.

I am a sucker for bad lifetime movies...this was no disappointment.

• Jul 10, 2009

Originally, this seems likely to have been a TV movie - from the evidence of the fade-to-black every twenty minutes, and the opening credits (what is it about credit sequences that always gives away a film's budget?) - but it's not all bad. Clea Duvall is always very watchable in these roles, and the story has some effectively spooky moments. Setting an ostensible ghost story in the woods is a novel idea, and the locale is milked for all its eeriness. It's a shame that the Scooby Doo ending explains everything away, and the scope for an actual ghostly comeuppance for the bad guys is an opportunity missed.

• May 11, 2009

Low budget but not all bad. It's scary at times and not all maped out for you. The childhood trauma was fuzzy though and the too-much-makeup-lady was just ridiculous.

• May 03, 2009

A bit shit to be honest! lol Stupid story line.

A bit shit to be honest! lol Stupid story line.