The Graves Reviews

• Feb 21, 2015

Could only stand to watch 5 minutes of it.

Could only stand to watch 5 minutes of it.

• Dec 13, 2014

The Graves Movie Review! This movie is continuously stupid throughout the whole thing. Stupidly clinging itself to some sort of religious context that makes as much sense as the acting of these people. The plot? Two girls drive on by to some attraction and end up experiencing the fight for their lives. As silly as the plot sounds, it goes on to extreme measures of being even worse. Hockey acting, especially by Tony Todd, and just plain ludicrous visuals. CGI and fake blood can only take you so far people; learn the limit. And wow. What a stupid ending. Honestly, I can't be bothered to even follow the lore of this movie. It just sucks. And if this movie is a horror, then it's one of the worst movies the horror genre ever created. 1 out of 10 (.5 stars) Sad excuse for a movie.

• Feb 26, 2014

Not a bad movie, but gory.

Not a bad movie, but gory.

• Jan 10, 2014

I think the campy aspect was intentional, but it's hard to tell as the film seems to change direction and intent several times. Decent idea, cool location, but overall very amateurish. It's hard not to like any film that has horror legend Tony Todd in it, but this one comes close.

• Oct 23, 2013

Randy from Lamb of God is in it. That's about the coolest thing about this movie

• Oct 06, 2013

A combination slasher (or in this case bludgeoner) / supernatural horror. The supernatural aspect takes a backseat to the mutilations, but it all comes together in the end. The leads, played by Clare Grant and Jillian Murray, made this much better than it had rights to be. They played the fine line between straight and cheese expertly. There is character growth (in a horror movie? Unheard of.) The sisters did not just scream and run, they screamed and faced their attackers. Different and well played.

• May 14, 2013

Yes, this is a low-budget movie. No, it is not bad. After seeing the low rating on Flixster, I didn't really wanna see this, but it's the Afterdark Horrorfest, so I just had to see it. And I was pleasantly surprised. It's a mixture of Wrong Turn and House of Wax. But it's a little slow at the beginning for around 15 - 20 minutes, but after that, it gets pretty fast and bloody. Some parts are just plain stupid, though. But I recommend seeing it if you're bored. And for everyone saying this movie is unoriginal, stop being so critical. If a movie is good, it's good no matter how much of a rip-off it is. So watch a movie and either like it or not like it because of the storyline, acting, and/or the quality.

• Apr 27, 2013

quite watchable. bad demon eating souls and giving strangely, sickly strong religious background for villagers.

• Mar 23, 2013

the bone loved this film

the bone loved this film

• Sep 21, 2012

This movie pissed me off. I'm tired of silly white girls too stupid to avoid danger. deep eye roll.