The Graves - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Graves Reviews

½ July 19, 2011
Candyman and Moseley are a nice touch, but otherwise it's pretty terrible. Often laughable. Nice end credits.
June 6, 2011
Not a total waste of time, but probably a waste of some awesome talent. If only the storyline had been better...
½ May 20, 2011
Yes, this is a low-budget movie. No, it is not bad. After seeing the low rating on Flixster, I didn't really wanna see this, but it's the Afterdark Horrorfest, so I just had to see it. And I was pleasantly surprised. It's a mixture of Wrong Turn and House of Wax. But it's a little slow at the beginning for around 15 - 20 minutes, but after that, it gets pretty fast and bloody. Some parts are just plain stupid, though. But I recommend seeing it if you're bored.

And for everyone saying this movie is unoriginal, stop being so critical. If a movie is good, it's good no matter how much of a rip-off it is. So watch a movie and either like it or not like it because of the storyline, acting, and/or the quality.
May 17, 2011
A charming little horrormovie that's part slasher, part 'religious cult with a 'Children of the Corn'-like demon on the side'. It's somewhat strange and not too fantastically acted and edited, but for some reason, it added to the oddball charm.
April 2, 2011
Tedious Texas Chainsaw Massacre/ghost schlock. Low budget and low quality.
February 15, 2011
Passable post-pub horror. Two fit sisters go on a goodbye roadtrip type thing cos one of them is moving away from their town for a big job in the city. Unfortunately they stumble across Skull City which has some weird supernatural murderous shit going down. If you don't take it seriously this is quite fun with elements of different types of horror and a decent cast including Bill Moseley and Tony Todd, who's brilliant as a mental reverand. Metal fans might also be interested to see Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe's debut performance as the reverands minion type person. Not bad, not great, just there to pass the time.
½ January 23, 2011
A low budget film that caught the eye due to being mentioned as part of the Horrorfest a while back and seeing Tony Todd (Candyman, Final Destination) was involved. It starts ok but after the first 30mins it loses direction. Part slasher film, then oddball religious cult, survival horror. By then end you're not too sure why things were happening. Not one to go out of your way to see, one for fans of low budget slashers only really!
January 15, 2011
Nice little movie. Jillian Murray and Clare Grant make it enjoyable.
November 26, 2010
Filmen har potensiale, men skuespillet er så fryktelig dårlig at jeg ble mer irritert enn underholdt!
½ November 12, 2010
dont waste your time
½ October 21, 2010
It was actually one of the better Horrorfest movies. The basic story of the movie was pretty boring and predictable, but all in all it wasn't as bad and cheesy as I thought it would be. The acting wasn't half bad either.
October 14, 2010
A few of the Horrorfest movies end up being a good idea done badly (Perkins 14 for example), this one was a bad idea done pretty well. Not the best Horrorfest movie but very far from the worst.
October 1, 2010
If you are a fan of Bill Mosely check it out for him otherwise don't bother.
½ September 3, 2010
a decent horror flick
½ August 14, 2010
kinda crappy in a funny way loll
August 14, 2010
very cheezy movie. But had to watch it for Bill Mosely and Tony Todd.
June 24, 2010
pretty good. so far this is the only film i have watched from this years after dark horror fest and before i even watch them i am going to say this is probably the best one of this years horror fest. the others look stupid.
½ June 23, 2010
No one plays unhinged quite like Bill Moseley. He absolutely steals the film and makes it his own. His character is very close to his Otis character from House of 1000 corpses and Devils rejects. He has all the best lines, scenes and to be forthright saves this from becoming just another b-movie. Clare Grant and Jillian Murray play a pair of sisters on a road trip; all is well until they visit the Skull City abandoned mine tourist attraction. But the mine and the folks of Skull City harbour terrible, worrisome secret. Will the girls get out alive? I can't really decide if the film wants to be a ghost film or straight up hillbilly slasher? I enjoyed the old school stalk and slash but not so much the reason why the crazy religious locals were killing outsiders. I don't want to give away too much, let's just say a demon God is involved. There are some conspicuous plot holes but the plot is thin to start with so I guess you can over look it. Though this is an average played by numbers horror. I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Some nice gory deaths and half decent special effects for a film on a small budget. Look out for Tony Todd in one of his latest cameos.