Tormented - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tormented Reviews

October 1, 2016
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........
½ September 26, 2016
British teen slasher movie that doubles up as an American homage to the genre.
Focusing on blood and gore Tormented sticks to the original, rigid recipe dished out in plenty years ago in America.
June 3, 2016
Cast performs well all things considered, but the script underwhelms and the plot brings nothing new to the table.
March 24, 2016
Exceptionally c grade, but I did watch it all. It had something despite the hammy acting and stereotypes.
Lost Me ...............spoiler .....................................................,....when dead boy killed the only friend he had. I didn't get that.
I think it was making a point about bullying. I commend that. But overall the movie is a fail.
I did like the Justine character but the rest were pretty vile.
February 3, 2015
I don't know why I love this film so much! It's frankly hilarious when it needs to be and a great slasher flick nonetheless!
October 31, 2014
Tries hard to be a British "Scream."
½ August 31, 2014
After watching this film, I'm still not sure if the title, Tormented, refers to the students of the featured High School, or the audience that had to sit through this film. Tormented is one of these films that has a deeper meaning, but it takes it's message to such extremes, that it becomes completely obsolete. Tormented is actually an anti-bullying film, that features an obese teenager, that has committed suicide after years of abuse. Instead of focusing on the ones left behind, the story instead focuses on the popular kids, who continue to "torment" the kid after he's gone, that is until his ghost shows up looking for revenge. The story isn't the worst idea I've ever heard of, but the film was so fake and over the top that it just ruined all it's credibility. Tormented features a fully functional ghost, with emotions, who gruesomely kills people. The special effects that show him as a ghost and the ridiculous amounts of kool-aid blood, were just some of the worst I've ever seen. Magic Mike's Alex Pettyfer stars as the bully and much like the rest of the cast, is far too old to be playing a high school student. Films like this are low budget, and I understand they need a person of name in order to be recognized, but I've always felt that they should cast real teenagers, and give them a chance at breaking into the business, rather than have the roles played by actors that are pushing thirty! Tormented is exactly how you'll feel as this film plays to the lowest common denominator, assuming that only ignorant people are going to watch it. They'll do things like call the victim, Shrek and show goth kids who think it's cool that he killed himself. Tormented is not funny, scary, or anything but a complete waste of time.
½ March 11, 2014
(2%)
A film highlighting one of the biggest problems with certain low-budget British cinema in that it lacks both ambition and ideas. The school "kids" are all clearly 24 which at least in American slasher films the students don't wear uniforms, but here they do and it just looks as if they are all going to a fancy dress party as the same theme, it's awful. The writing is dire, the characters are from another world as they behave and talk like no real human beings actually do, and the mix of American elements thrown in from time to time just doesn't work and only further hampers the already broken reality in which this is set. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the real kids from the school in which this was shot (clearly during summer break) couldn't make a better film themselves.
½ March 11, 2014
Very enjoyable teenage slasher based on the topic of bullying. One of the boys in the school is bullied and comes back from the dead to exact revenge on those who tormented him in life. Quite a strong anti-bullying movie, filled with great death scenes, and dark humour. Definitely worth a watch.
February 23, 2014
I liked a lot all the humor and funny moments in the movie. But it lacked a lot of horror elements, that felt in cliches. It had some gory scenes that were good, but the humor overshadowed it most of the times. If it had a lot more horror in it, it would've been better but overall it was a very fun movie.
October 9, 2013
One of the best, smartest, and most original slasher films I've seen. Funny too.
½ August 28, 2013
The plot was stupid and the horror was lame. There was no remote explanation about the zombie/ghost. But Alex Pettyfer was in it and he was SO hot. He plays the role of popular bad boy who everyone listens to. I didn't know he could act like this! He made the movie watchable but unless you are a big fan of him, don't watch the movie. Its a huge waste of your time.
July 28, 2013
An anti-bullying horror-com that takes place in a British prep school. "Tormented works. The laughs are funny, and the flashbacks to Darren's caught-on-camera torture all too believable."
½ June 29, 2013
A so-so thriller about a spirit with a grudge against a group of college students who seem to be nothing more than narcissistic losers getting what they deserve.
½ June 9, 2013
Fat guy with puffer commits suicide over incessant bullying, comes back from the dead and gruesomely wastes his bullies. Darren Mullett, you are a hero.
June 8, 2013
Ugh! Can you get more unimaginative?! The film's message should be that the true "Tormented" ones are those who paid $10 for a ticket....
½ April 25, 2013
not only great horror movie but also shows the violence and intolerance between teenagers. great plot, great movie
Horrific R.
April 7, 2013
This movie is a bit more on the unique side of high school slashers, but not so much in a good way. The camera work and editing stands out most to me, and it works in giving the movie an intense tone, but the problem with this film lies somewhere else. The acting is fine, the plot is basic but not bad... What's horrid is the character development and the dialogue. The characters are exaggerated to the point where I want to rip my hair out. All the comedy in this film falls flat, and the "Cool kids" "Bullies" "Emos" all do nothing but play a stereotypical role and ruin what could have been a decent film, had it been more down to earth.
½ February 27, 2013
Two things make this movie great the gore and the British accents
January 27, 2013
quite enjoyed this. a bullied kid kills himself and comes back to haunt and kill those who bullied him. good on him i say. they deserved what they got. what goes around comes around!