Tormented - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tormented Reviews

½ January 25, 2013
Not bad for a english comedy/horror/slasher.
½ November 30, 2012
A British slasher that never really convinces but at least it is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and overuses the evil spirit corpse's on-screen time.
November 14, 2012
hated it, thought this movie was crap, I will not want to watch this movie even if somebody paid me a millon pounds to watch this film I wouldn't, I thought it was a crap film and I won't watch it again, not if someone paid me
½ November 4, 2012
Interesting for a moment but squandered on the choice to have a zombie-like fat guy using an inhaler as its villain. Obviously inspired by 'Halloween' and ultimately does that film a service- THAT'S how you scare an audience with stalk-and-slash horror.
October 25, 2012
British gore. Me gusta.
October 22, 2012
Comedy? I really didn't find any of the film funny. It wasn't scarey either. Was greatly disappointed with this film.
October 22, 2012
Tormented is a depressing experience for me. A movie that feels so needlessly cold-hearted and hateful as the audience is punished by having to watch cruel and joyless bullying and ridiculous death scenes that come off as entertainment. If I was strapped to a chair and endlessly beaten and tortured for 24 hours, I'd consider it a massage compared to this.
October 19, 2012
Actually a good movie, bad acting but good a good horror movie for you and the buds to watch!
½ September 13, 2012
I watched this film tonight on Sky Movies Premiere. I will admit I only wanted to see it because of Alex Pettyfer (Stormbreaker) and Tom Hopper (who starred as Jeff in Series 5 of ?Doctor Who? in Episode 1: ?The Eleventh Hour? starring alongside Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor), but I was pleasantly surprised. I hate low budget horror films, but this was much more of a slasher film, and very funny in parts, which allowed you to relax and enjoy it.

The deaths are rather imaginative and only one was quite obvious what was good and basically you mostly laughed through each death . The acting is good on a whole, but a couple of the main characters do need some acting lessons, the whole cast is quite young but they have been able to develop each character well.

This film will not be for everyone. It is very 'Skins' (teenager) orientated, as it uses a lot of slang and such. The plot is rather unrealistic but thats what makes it fun, anything could happen, and most things do.

Overrall, ?Tormented? is a funny and entertaining teen horror films which I recommend to anyone who isn't too bothered about what they are watching, who is up for a good laugh, but doesn't mind a bit of blood and guts.
½ September 2, 2012
There's a good deal of humor and a few nasty kills so other than an annoyingly "hip" soundtrack Tormented is a moderately successful newgen slasher that features a reasonable motive and beats the pants off of most others that have tried at the attempt.
½ August 30, 2012
With great direction from Jon Wright, excellent acting from the cast and a superb understanding of the bullying that happens in today's society, this movie has potential and is worth a see.....
August 26, 2012
This won't become the best movie of the year but it is worth a watch.
½ August 16, 2012
"Tormented" is definitely more intriguing than your average teenage horror flick. It starts well - with a surprisingly enjoyable british cast -, but burns all the good ideas too quickly. When all is said and done, I'm not sure the reward worth the trip.
August 2, 2012
I get the comedy part which produced a few laughs from me but not the horror part. It didn't scared me.

Though I somehow liked the revenge of the dead once bullied kid which overall, worked fine for him. 3.5/10.
½ July 28, 2012
Flashes of brilliance in an otherwise very, very dark room. If cut in half and given a compelling villain, this could be great.
June 29, 2012
Leads you on until the last few minutes, then utterly and completely lets you down.
June 17, 2012
Tormented has a interesting concept and reminded me much like (May and Tamara). Tormented relies on the American slasher cliches; however, it is funny, and touching at the same time.

Performance were actually not that bad especially by some of the actors I haven't seen before.
Very gruesome, so those who likes gore will be pleasantly pleased by this film.

Overall nothing special, I have seen a whole lot of Horror/Comedy's, and even though it has a great concept, but Director Stephen Prentice forgot its horror side . Most Horror/Comedy has both horror and comedy, but this forgets to be suspenseful, too rushed, and its very predictable, non the less still a decent flick.
½ June 15, 2012
Very creepy movie about a dead victim of bullying comes back from the dead and gets his revenge on those that bullied him. With humour gore and sexy times makes for a very entertaining movie. Awesome.
½ June 12, 2012
Good British horror flick, enough gore to satisfy most gore hounds. story is ok..mot week, not too strong. I liked it1
½ May 25, 2012
Darren Mullet, a bullied asthmatic, is driven to suicide by his tormented life - ignored by his parents, ridiculed by his teachers and bullied at school. He returns from the dead to pay his teenage tormentors a final visit. Tormented is what would happen if Skins and Scream were to mix together. It mixes the new generation of teenagers with a dash of how slasher movies used to be. The story was quite good, above average and would keep your attention for so long but there were a couple of scenes in the movie which weren't needed and felt pointless. The characters were created very well but most of the cast were the bullies and therefore you didn't like them instantly however the actors who portrayed the characters was great.

The acting was believable, the video clips of Darren Mullet being bullied felt hauntingly realistic. The cinematography and camerawork was great and gave out an eerie vibe when the camera was looking through the eyes of Darren Mullet. The direction was great and gave out a realistic and fearful look as to how far bullying can go and what the outcome could possibly be for the bullied.

I naturally like horror movies and I love a good scare and while Tormented was a great horror movie, it doesn't scare. Some of the kills were aimed for laughs and I think the entire movie wasn't supposed to be taken too seriously. Another thing I liked about this movie is how there were no good characters in it and I especially liked how there wasn't no person who aims to do nothing but save the day, it makes a nice change to the horrors that are released today. If you're expecting to be scared, then you'll be disappointed. However if you like high school horrors then Tormented is the one for you.