Bakjwi (Thirst) Reviews

• Nov 30, 2018

And just like, Chan Wook Park amazing direction and style, made me like a vampire movie: not an easy task. I am a film away to finish his filmography and "Thirst" falls somewhere in the middle, mostly because I find horrors stupid. For these reason to me the film goes from more to less, and it is a shame because it could have gone from more to even more, like "Oldboy" or "The Handmaiden" do, but I take what I can get.

• Oct 03, 2018

This movie was GREAT, happy to find on boxxy software in my audio language. Oldboy is no longer the weirdest film Chan-wook has done.?

• Jun 18, 2018

Started out promising but gradually descent into a pointless and simple narrative that came to a predictable and unsatisfying end. The behavior of the female lead character was unbearable. As with other Park Chan Wook works, watch this one alone, if you must.

• Sep 10, 2017

Very visually stunning. The story was thought provoking and well laid out throughout. The erotic, love affair between the two leads was superbly well told and acted. I was left rooting for them even in the end despite all that happens. Thirst is a dark love story for sure, one that explorers not only passionate romances but meanings of life and humanity, god and death, morality and justice. I finished the movie feeling satisfied at the conclusivity of the story and the characters. I'd certainly watch this again.

• Sep 06, 2017

Another take on a vampire romance movie. It had some slow poetic moments, but also had useless B-Movie CGI. Overall its a great movie if you can ignore some of the drawbacks, not the best choice for your first korean film, but you can really enjoy it if you are already familiar with this kind of filmmaking.

• Feb 27, 2017

3 stars. BD. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????81%????????????????????????????????

• Jan 27, 2017

Thought it might go in a different direction but the last hour or so is watchable.The first hour really showed promise but soon devolved.

• Nov 16, 2016

Vampires, murder plots, religion, a reluctantly empowered man, a woman seeking freedom--- mix until blended. Also, incest, because Chan Wook Park. Makes for an interesting watch. This was at least 2 genres melded together in an odd way.

• Oct 28, 2016

Sometimes rather opaque to this relative novice to Korean cinema, but entertaining, engaging and sometimes blackly humourous.

• Sep 19, 2016

Quiero imprimir cada fotograma de esta película y decorar mi habitación. Park Chan-wook haceme 20 hijos.