Vengeance (Fuk sau) Reviews

• Aug 04, 2016

I really don't know if this one is trying to be serious, but at some point there's some funny elements to it. Which means the chemistry is effective between characters. Anthony Wong and Johnny Hallyday at the same time, I know this will be a treat. This film have certain parts violence which is understandable as Rated R. Thus Vengeance come. The action scenes are good, I like the gunshot authentic sounds which is cool. But sometimes they kinda over the top it a little bit. You know several gun shots to the guy and still alive asf. Though it didn't ruined the whole story. This is still a good watch despite of some flaws. It could have been better IMO.

• Jun 05, 2016

Stylized Johnnie To bloodbath.

Stylized Johnnie To bloodbath.

• Feb 09, 2016

Il y avait tout dans Vengeance pour que Johnnie To se plante. En lieu et place, il livre un excellent thriller où Johnny Hallyday brille en chef cuisinier débarquant à Macao pour venger le meurtre de la famille de sa fille. Bien entendu, il est bien aidé par un trio magique Anthony Wong - Gordon Lam - Lam Suet et un méchant exceptionnellement cabotin joué par le toujours génial Simon Yam. Entre scènes d'action inventives et séquences d'exposition toujours aussi belles, Johnnie To parvient encore à renouveler sa mise en scène et a offrir encore un thriller passionnant, non dénué d'humour (encore grâce à Lam Suet) et porté par un score de Lo Tayu à la hauteur. Vengeance est une très belle surprise.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Dec 17, 2015

***Spoilers Ahead*** This is the first Johnny To movie I've seen or at least the 1st 1 I remember.I've probably seen more but usually I never pay attention to who's directing until after it's over & I really liked the movie.I REALLY liked this movie.Vengeance has made me want to go out & find more movies by Johnny To.The family massacre at the beginning shocked the crap out of me (I was NOT expecting that) but also had me hooked, Wondering how Costello was going to avenge his daughter & her family.Vengeance did NOT disappoint.It almost had a Western feel to it & made me wonder, What type of Western would Johnny To direct? Now that is a Western I'd go out of my way to see.I would've prefered the movie to fade to black after Costello got his revenge & was walking down the street the way they had it, not him sitting around the table with Big Mama & the kids.I think the ending would've been better that way.As far as I know, Vengeance is part of a trilogy so I'd like to see the other 2 as well if I can ever find them but right now, I'd be happy to see any of Johnny To's other movies..Vengeance is good!!!

• Aug 21, 2015

Better than I was expecting - Halliday, & the rest of the cast, is a quality actor. Maybe I missed something, but what actually happened to his daughter Irene?

• Feb 20, 2015

A CHEF, CHEF MY ASS.

A CHEF, CHEF MY ASS.

• Jan 07, 2015

Insomnia does on occasion pay off as I caught this while flipping through the channels at 2 A.M., and it's a goodie. Recommended highly.

• Jul 22, 2014

This is by far the best Hong Kong film I ever seen.

This is by far the best Hong Kong film I ever seen.

• Jul 07, 2014

Guy wants vengeance for his daughter. Hires some hitmen, but can't remember. Nice little revenge film.

• Jul 05, 2014

Ultra stylish action movie that has substance to spare. The plot may be too linear but the man does it capture the grit and the suspense perfectly.