Forget Me Not - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Forget Me Not Reviews

½ December 7, 2016
Absolutely horrific.
½ August 3, 2016
Pretty lousy. There's a cool premise in here, but it is killed by a completely awful and unlikable cast. Really, everyone is ridiculously obnoxious.
June 8, 2016
Fine with the style and make-up, but a less than invigorating horror.
January 11, 2016
Original, interesting, better production value than expected. Does it overuse certain effects? Is the dialog less than Shakespearian (or in this case, Hitchcockian)? Without a doubt, but I actually thought the acting was - at worst - not so bad as to distract and - at best (particularly the female protaganist and her brother) - good enough to make me care about what happened to the characters.
½ October 25, 2015
Surprisingly frightening
December 27, 2014
Forget Me Not has an interesting premise, but unfortunately that's all it has going for it. It does have a bit of tension and a bit of creep factor, but not enough to actually pull you in and hold you there. The acting is passable, but nothing special either. A film that will fade from your memory not long after having seen it. You may want to save yourself the time in the first place.
September 5, 2014
Name of Film: Forget Me Not

Director: Tyler Oliver

Genre (guess if you're not sure): Horror

Star Rating (out of 5): **** 4

Plot Summary

It's graduation weekend, and Sandy Channing, the popular class president of her little high school, should be enjoying the time of her life. But when her friends start disappearing, Sandy discovers they have awakened the gruesome spirit of a girl they had harmed long ago. Fighting for her sanity, Sandy must unlock a dark secret from her own past before it's too late.
Themes

The theme of the story is just to simply entertain. It?s a thrill seeking movie and makes you want to continuously jump out of your seat. The director portrays this theme in many different ways. The intentional demon like creatures jump out at you making a 3D effect that scares you.

Technical Elements

The technical elements include good and bad features. The producers and or director seemed to have some technical difficulties due to the appearance of the demon like figures throughout the movie. These figures would appear to be very cheesy and unrealistic towards the viewer. They seemed almost robot like in the way that they moved.

Conclusion

In my opinion, you should definitely see this movie if you are into horror movies. It is a great thrill seeker, leaving the viewer in great suspense. The ending may disappoint you, but it is surely unpredictable. As I said above, there may have been some difficulties with the special effects, except it was made in 2009, so they didn't have the techniques and machines that we have now. Also, i gave this movie a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. I did this because of the ?cliffhanger? ending and poor special effects. But, the movie was awesome overall. the plot was amazingly thought out because it beautifully left you hanging on many parts, it makes you critically think about each situation. The movie had many flashbacks that bring you to the realization of the present moment in the movie. These flashbacks make you feel as if you are part of Sandy?s, the main characters, past. I certainly recommend seeing this movie if you ever want to jum out of your seat, you can watch this movie on Netflix.

-ME, 8th Grade Student
½ September 3, 2014
a great thriller with good exists and plot
August 30, 2014
The beginning of this movie was really slow. It took awhile to believe that this wasn't another clich�©d horror movie about dumb high schoolers. But I was wrong. This movie had a really nice backstory and it was so original. Anyone who loves a great horror film with a shocking ending should watch this.
½ May 22, 2014
dumb,predictable,bad acting...am i missing something? yes,2 hours of my life.
December 4, 2013
Creepy ass special effects.
½ September 28, 2013
Liked the idea. Some plot holes.
½ September 4, 2013
Mauvais acting , mauvais diaogues, scénario déja vu. Film sans vraiment d'intérêts A oublier!
September 1, 2013
Call me crazy or tasteless, but I really enjoyed this movie. The bad points that bothered me were unlike able characters, cheesy dialog, waaay too many characters for me to keep track of, and some questionable editing. Overall I thought it was pretty well written, given that the concept could be very easily screwed up. The only scares you're going to get are jump scares, and this movie is filled with them.
July 25, 2013
Kind of a typical horror story. A blend of different concepts to horror. I'm into the blending types.
July 21, 2013
This was surprisingly good.
July 21, 2013
A mediocre 'kill all the teens horror' saved by some scaryish moments and ghoulish effects. The surrounding story and characters are all too dull though.
July 15, 2013
Derivative, low production value work. Watch only if you only have Netflix and are desperate for a generic teen slasher type movie.
May 27, 2013
It was decent really. The special effects are terrible, but with a good production team and a better script, could have been a real good film.
May 14, 2013
It has it's scary moments and has enough in it to keep me entertained. Some parts made me think the plot was messed up. The ending was pretty crazy and unexpected, and a little confusing. Some of the kills were done in daylight, and were actually good. And there's a lot of moments that sent chills down my spine, like something hiding behind a corner of a motel and even a dark hospital (yeah, that scares me). The "things" that were killing everyone were like possessed zombies. I highly recommend seeing this movie, especially if you can't decide what movie to watch.