Tron Legacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tron Legacy Reviews

May 13, 2018
Good Cinematography Example
April 30, 2018
It's a zen thing, man. Check it out.
½ April 25, 2018
Legacy is not a perfect movie, but man is it enjoyable. Stunning visuals, fan-fuxxing-tastic soundtrack by daft punk and cool ideas. Put your brain on auto pilot, don't turn it off, it's not a bad movie, and enjoy a movie that makes cgi cool.
April 16, 2018
Sweet music and amazing visuals don't make up for Tron Legacy's 'everything else'.
April 14, 2018
A movie too good for our time, It flew above the head of narcissists..

black panther was awful.
½ April 6, 2018
"Tron Legacy" is a film whose characters may be to complex for some, but it's amazing visuals may win over some viewers.
½ March 31, 2018
Epic awesome epic! Totally recommend!
½ March 30, 2018
Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), the son of the infamous Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) ends up in the same world his father discovered, The Grid, when trying to find out why he disappeared for almost three decades. After learning that the Grid has been taken over by a younger clone of Kevin, Clu (Also Jeff Bridges), Sam, Kevin and an intelligent algorithim warrior Quorra (Olivia Wilde) must use all of thier knowledge and gaming skills to escape from Clu and Rinzler (Bruce Boxleitner) a corrupted version of Kevin's best friend, Tron himself...

Joseph Kosinski's belated sequel to the 1982 cult classic TRON does suffer from bland characterisation, poor use of CGI to deage Jeff Bridges at a time when visual effects had not advanced enough to create a convincing effect, and not fully exploring it's ideas about AI from a video game gaining independance from it's programming.

However the stunning visual updates to the Grid, Claudio Miranda's use of cinematography throughout the new incarnations of the infamous games such the light-cycle racing and disk throwing wars, Daft Punk's Blade Runner inspired electronic score and Jeff Bridges's heartfelt performance as an older Kevin Flynn, is what makes TRON: Legacy a game worth playing on it's own terms...
March 28, 2018
I loved this movie, regardless of what the critics have to say about it.
March 28, 2018
The story is terrible and the characters are dull and boring.
March 25, 2018
Just look another look at Legacy. It's aging very well. I think it was over hyped ant it hurt how people felt at the time. Take another look, it's solid and I'd be up got Tron 3
February 24, 2018
Absolutely stunning visuals and set design and probably the most of important of all, the soundtrack. This has been one of my favourite movies since I saw it and I haven't stopped listening to the soundtrack.

I know we probably won't see a third Tron movie but I will keep my hopes up.
½ February 5, 2018
This is one of those movies you honestly just watch because of the visuals. The story is pretty average and the characters are average.The fight scenes are pretty awesome. My two biggest problems in this movie are the fact that Tron isn't even an important character in this movie even though his name is in the title, and Clue looks just terrible; if they would have just kept the mask on him the whole movie or had him age like Kevin that would have been much better. This is really a movie you put in just so your kids can shut up for two hours.
February 3, 2018
this is my fav movie of all time
January 26, 2018
A good, solid movie. Didn't expect a movie this good or something other than shallow entertainment from Disney, honestly. A really nice surprise.

This is one of my favorite films, aesthetically speaking. Everything looks absolutely incredible. And the Daft Punk soundtrack perfectly completes the futuristic feel of the film. The relationship between Sam and his father, the depiction of both Flynns, and the inevitable tension between them, provides solid human weight to the movie. Adding to that, the idea of the "villain" being a mirror version of the old "hero", a "perfect" version, who is merely following his programming, is great. To top it off, Olivia Wilde is mesmerizing as Quorra, who by her existence alone provides more emotional moments in bringing up questions about human nature, what it means to be a sentient being, and the relationships we can have with such beings.
January 25, 2018
74%
Tron Legacy isn't as bad as the critics say it is. There are really good visuals and CGI, but can visuals alone make a film, No. Tron legacy tries to be an epic by all means, but leaves a lot of voids. Watching Trom can sometimes be as boring as living in the world of Tron. This film is sometimes good, otherwise boring. Tron should have been given a G rating, not a PG rating because there is not even a kissing scene here! That's good.
½ January 20, 2018
While not quite as good as the first film with some unsettling computer-generated appearances from a young Jeff Bridges, Tron Legacy manages to be an entertaining sci-fi sequel in its own right. The visuals are beautiful with the change in aspect ratio helping my mind get blown by the awesome presentation. Just like Interstellar. The special effects are, naturally, an improvement from the first movie which had clearly old-school CGI yet was still somewhat entertaining to see and not simply for the sake of 21st century comparisons. While I already mentioned the spooky CG de-aged Jeff Bridges, that mostly doesn't apply to CLU. Mainly because the uncanny valley was invoked in his case. We're meant to feel uncomfortable. And then there's Daft Punk's incredible soundtrack. What, you didn't think I'd forget about that, did you? The one thing we have to acknowledge when mentioning Tron Legacy or else Disney fans will eat you alive. Not much in terms of characterization. Kevin Flynn's son is the protagonist who will develop from a jerk to a selfless hero, Kevin himself is the accomplice who, due to lack of 21st century knowledge from being trapped in the Grid, says outdated dialogue that's actually quite cringy even if its justified. Quorra is the female ally who'll be shipped with Sam by the end of the movie, Castor is the one-scene wonder and CLU's an evil asshole. That's all there is to it. Although, Michael Sheen's Bowie-esque performance is quite entertaining. The action sequences are awesome and it's easier to understand what's happening due to an improved colour scheme unlike the first film where nearly everyone is grey and the colour palette of the background is mostly black with some other colours occasionally thrown into the mix. Here, the crew ditches that making it easier to tell who's who thus allowing for an even more thrilling experience during the action sequences. Since I've run out of positive adjectives, let's just say that Tron Legacy doesn't reach the heights of its groundbreaking predecessor but for anyone looking for a 2-hour Daft Punk music video with Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde, look no further than Tron Legacy. Just be careful of the unsettling computer-generated Bridges(es?).
January 1, 2018
Once again no Sequel from Disney, wake up Disney , you got gold in your Vaults
January 1, 2018
Bad acting, bad dialogue, uninspired visuals. Tried to finish it, but just as the plot kicked in I decided to do anything else.
½ December 26, 2017
+ visuals
+ music
+ sound
- story and characters
This has to be seen on big screen. Otherwise its pointlless.
Take it as a 90minute Daft Punk soundtrack.
3/5 (fans of daft punk and scifi)
1/ 5 for othres