Tron Legacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tron Legacy Reviews

June 18, 2018
Visually gorgeous, yet abysmally retarded, this outrageously poor follow-up to such a ground-breaking film was better off left in someone's mind. While I'm not averse to the movie-with-a-message, this movie was so ridiculously PC it made me openly groan several times during the movie. Instead of respecting the first film's cutting edge theme, the filmmakers chose to one-up the graphics, which with 25+ years-later technology available, I would certainly expect, and dumb-down (while simultaneously backslapping the heart) the concept that was so pioneering that it was better left alone. Unfortunately, in between weak, watered-down action scenes, we get elementary dialogue, poor acting and way too many messages about why building the perfect digital world has made us neglect and forget the perfect world in which we already live. To top it off, we have a techie-gone-hippie Kevin Flynn, played by a tepid performance by Jeff Bridges who can't help but occasionally morph into "The Dude." Sure, we all change as we get older. And, absolutely, we come to appreciate the world around us more as we increase with age, but this movie needed a Wachowski Brothers-like approach to the action and deep theme in order to warrant any serious consideration. Instead it was written by people who have spent more time on CW teen dramas than anything of technical substance. If you haven't seen it and love the first one, don't waste your time or memories on Tron Legacy.
June 16, 2018
One of my favorite cult classic reboots ever! Well done I think.
June 16, 2018
Legacy is not a perfect movie, but man is it enjoyable. Stunning visuals, fan-fuxxing-tastic soundtrack by daft punk and cool ideas. Put your brain on auto pilot, don't turn it off, it's not a bad movie, and enjoy a movie that makes cgi cool.
June 8, 2018
Hugely underrated. Looks and sounds epic. Could do with being about 20 minutes shorter, however.
June 3, 2018
Tron Legacy is my favorite movie. The soundtrack is amazing and the visuals are just stunning. I enjoyed the plot and the character development. I think Garrett Hedlund delivers a performance as Sam Flynn. Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner return as Kevin Flyn and Clu and Alan Bradley and Tron respectively and they really delivered on their performance. Clu was a compelling villain and I could understand what his goal is. Overall, my personal favorite film.
½ June 1, 2018
A bland uninteresting boring retelling, the only highlight seems to be the disk fight scenes. But that's it.
½ May 28, 2018
I liked the movie visually was beautifyl, the music amazing, but there was somthing missing in the story, it was a fun movie, but something was missing.
May 13, 2018
Good Cinematography Example
April 30, 2018
It's a zen thing, man. Check it out.
April 16, 2018
Sweet music and amazing visuals don't make up for Tron Legacy's 'everything else'.
April 14, 2018
A movie too good for our time, It flew above the head of narcissists..

black panther was awful.
½ April 6, 2018
"Tron Legacy" is a film whose characters may be to complex for some, but it's amazing visuals may win over some viewers.
½ March 31, 2018
Epic awesome epic! Totally recommend!
½ March 30, 2018
Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), the son of the infamous Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) ends up in the same world his father discovered, The Grid, when trying to find out why he disappeared for almost three decades. After learning that the Grid has been taken over by a younger clone of Kevin, Clu (Also Jeff Bridges), Sam, Kevin and an intelligent algorithim warrior Quorra (Olivia Wilde) must use all of thier knowledge and gaming skills to escape from Clu and Rinzler (Bruce Boxleitner) a corrupted version of Kevin's best friend, Tron himself...

Joseph Kosinski's belated sequel to the 1982 cult classic TRON does suffer from bland characterisation, poor use of CGI to deage Jeff Bridges at a time when visual effects had not advanced enough to create a convincing effect, and not fully exploring it's ideas about AI from a video game gaining independance from it's programming.

However the stunning visual updates to the Grid, Claudio Miranda's use of cinematography throughout the new incarnations of the infamous games such the light-cycle racing and disk throwing wars, Daft Punk's Blade Runner inspired electronic score and Jeff Bridges's heartfelt performance as an older Kevin Flynn, is what makes TRON: Legacy a game worth playing on it's own terms...
March 28, 2018
I loved this movie, regardless of what the critics have to say about it.
March 28, 2018
The story is terrible and the characters are dull and boring.
March 25, 2018
Just look another look at Legacy. It's aging very well. I think it was over hyped ant it hurt how people felt at the time. Take another look, it's solid and I'd be up got Tron 3
February 24, 2018
Absolutely stunning visuals and set design and probably the most of important of all, the soundtrack. This has been one of my favourite movies since I saw it and I haven't stopped listening to the soundtrack.

I know we probably won't see a third Tron movie but I will keep my hopes up.
½ February 5, 2018
This is one of those movies you honestly just watch because of the visuals. The story is pretty average and the characters are average.The fight scenes are pretty awesome. My two biggest problems in this movie are the fact that Tron isn't even an important character in this movie even though his name is in the title, and Clue looks just terrible; if they would have just kept the mask on him the whole movie or had him age like Kevin that would have been much better. This is really a movie you put in just so your kids can shut up for two hours.
February 3, 2018
this is my fav movie of all time