Tron Legacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tron Legacy Reviews

October 20, 2016
Why don't people like it? Did they expect the plot of Memento or something? Just immerse yourself in the world of Tron with sleek visuals and a kickass soundtrack.
October 15, 2016
I think this movie is visual striking but lacks on the story development that it could of had. It was cool and nice to watch but don't watch it again after once.
½ October 14, 2016
This movie is trash, its just bad, from the main character being a stereotypical middle aged white guy desperately trying to be relatable and failing, its predictable, its obvious that the main character was going to be the father, I could guess that the obi one kanobi lookin dood was also his father and then from there i could guess that the father was a clone, it makes me angry, the only piece of credit I could give this piece of shit is the daft punk cameo, the soundtrack (made by Daft Punk), and the hilarity of the fails are, me and my friend had a blast laughing at this shit, 1.5 out of ten, how could you even rate this a 3.5 or 5.9.
October 7, 2016
This is the greatest movie, the SGI is incredible, the story, the soundtrack and everything that I look forward to Tron 3 coming. Love this movie
½ October 2, 2016
It does have its sloppy moments for sure, though it's such a visual treat, and it's definitely entertaining when it's entertaining.
September 30, 2016
1 star for the soundtrack, the other for Daft Punk's appearance.
½ September 14, 2016
The plot is vague but when you have those big set pieces and that immense Daft Punk soundtrack then who really Cares? The film is a rush and, while it may not stick with you, that's not really a problem when it's unfolding in front of you. and Jeff Bridges still is one of the cinema's great actors.
August 29, 2016
There are many interesting ideas in this movie, but two aspects mar it terribly: a monochromatic palette that looks dull in comparison to the original, and a very literal interpretation of the original film's metaphysics. This could have been so much better.
August 22, 2016
The film's story was good, the soundtrack was great, the visuals were amazing, but the movie felt boring at times.
August 15, 2016
The special effects may overtake character development, but Tron Legacy is exceedingly entertaining sci-fi fun.

V: 65%
August 13, 2016
Torn: Legacy has innovative visuals and a great soundtrack along with an interesting cast. The plot is a little weak though.
August 5, 2016
better then the first
½ August 3, 2016
Easily surpassed the original with the soundtrack alone.
July 29, 2016
I loved this movie when I saw it in the theatre, and I loved the first original film too. I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews on here, when overall this was a great movie. The soundtrack is amazing, I listen to it at least once a week still, and it's so visually cool. It does have a different, more serious feel than the original, but who said that was a bad thing? I definitely recommend watching this.
July 28, 2016
this was fine I guess. good special and visual effects.
July 24, 2016
I loved the movie. I loved the prequel video game, Tron Evolution. I loved the prequel TV series, Tron Uprising. I loved the epilogue featurette, Tron: The Next Day. I loved the video game retelling of this movie in Kingdom Hearts 3D. And I loved Tron Classic. The story, acting, music, and CGI in all of them were absolutely brilliant, especially Bruce Boxleitner. I just wished they'd made a Tron 3 and a Tron Uprising Season 2. I was really looking forward to more of Elijah Wood, Paul Reubens, and Bruce playing out the story of Tron's eventual fall to the dark side, and to more of Olivia Wilde playing the dropdead gorgeous badass rebel Quorra. This movie reinvigorated the Tron franchise and led to so many other side-stories therein. Disney, if you're looking at this, please renew Tron Uprising, because with Gravity Falls over, there's nothing else left on XD good enough that adults would watch.
July 19, 2016
Nothing can compare to the groundbreaking achievement that is the first Tron, but that's only because everything has been done now.
This is an excellently designed, action packed, visually stunning story that builds off the first film.
It gets a bad rap because everyone wanted a sequel that was a massive leap forward like the first Tron, but that was never possible with everything that has been done in the 30 years since then.
This is a stunning showcase that you will enjoy if you give it a chance.
July 18, 2016
Despite some laughably bad lines and the incessant Daft Punk soundtrack, this was what the original Tron should've been if they'd had the tech to do it.
July 10, 2016
There might not be much under the surface of Tron, but that hardly matters when the surface is this spectacular and engaging. The visuals create a beautiful, abstract painting of light that is constantly shifting and changing that more than makes up for cardboard characters and a plot that is paint by numbers at worst. See it on the big screen if possible. It's well worth your time.
July 6, 2016
My personal favourite movie, Tron Legacy reaches down into my brain and grabs a hold of my imagination in a way that other movies fail to do. Despite all criticism (most of it deserved), Tron Legacy will be with me until the day I die.