Tron Legacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tron Legacy Reviews

½ November 8, 2017
Post-produced to a level that competes with an honestly trying story, this attempts to duplicate the effect of the original by going farther and cleaner down the computer effects line than we're used to, but the dazzling visuals are so polished that it doesn't evoke much excitement, yet it sometimes still outdoes the drama and humor.
October 29, 2017
Tron: Legacy may have lacked in story, but this is a big, bright, exciting experience.
October 25, 2017
The story and imagery were beautiful, but the score was the real show-stopper. Daft Punk outdid themselves and turned a good movie into a captivating epic.
½ October 21, 2017
Epic awesome epic! Totally recommend!
½ October 13, 2017
It wastes some of its potential, and the script is just okay, but Tron: Legacy boasts amazingly beautiful CGI, a great cast, and a strong story.
½ September 25, 2017
I liked the movie! this was my first ever 4K movie I have seen. critics bashed too hard.
½ September 1, 2017
I thought this was solid
August 3, 2017
An epic film. Much better than the original. Cast performance and visuals were amazing. I almost cried when Flynn was killed along with Clu.
½ July 30, 2017
The dialogue is super cheesy but the acting and the incredible special effects make up for it.
July 16, 2017
I watched this movie back in 2010 when I was 11 years old, now with 18 I decided to watch it again, and for the first time watching a movie, I felt the same emotions from when I watched it the first time. The movie is so original and the CGI is still good even after 7 years which is remarkable, and the story is just astonishing and full of action and emotions. Disney doesn't know how to deal with a couple of critics, since after this movie's "failure" they are abandoning anything related to it with fear that the next step will "fail" again, which is why I think this movie is too original for disney's good old formula, which they use in the Marvel movies and etc. I can say that this is one of the most remarkable movies I've ever watched and is super underrated for reasons I don't quite understand, which is sad. I hope Disney doesn't kill the marvelous universe just because of a dozen of critics
July 15, 2017
i love this movie and i cant say any problem its one of successful movie of disney and i too agree this
July 15, 2017
The best movie ive ever seen in 3D. Amazing soundtrack. Perfection on every level.
June 30, 2017
Lacks some substance and feels more like another MTV music video with pretty, dressed-up people. if you want more character development and "substance" in this excellent sci-fi film, you've got the wrong expectations. This film is a sci-fi ride in 3-D. and yeah, so what if its strongest aspect is its aesthetic perfection?!!! not the most memorable film and might not be worth a re-watch.
June 29, 2017
Strong visuals & music along with a script that propels the storyline forward. There's a balance of action, intrigue, and comedy that works well. This movie is underrated and probably would have improved in the sequels.
June 22, 2017
Awesome movie and great soundtrack. Not much else to be said.
May 31, 2017
While it looks great, the weak plot and iffy acting fail to lift Tron Legacy above a ho-hum experience.
May 30, 2017
This is Science Fiction of the highest order...way beyond the original film. The Daft Punk soundtrack is priceless.
½ May 25, 2017
forgettable plot, awesome visuals, especially if you saw it in IMAX
May 21, 2017
let me just say, I LOVED THIS MOVIE! the illustrations and art is superb. the soundtrack completely matched and resonated with the whole film (daft punk), brought its to life. the story was great, of course it think could they should have refined the story more. overall this was my expectation a perfect cyberworld tech movie with great soundtrack that really help create my favorite disney movie. i really hope they get make tron 3
May 6, 2017
The script falls short in possible way but the dazzling visuals, impressive production design, and incredible score make this film a winner.
Grade: C+