Tron Legacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tron Legacy Reviews

January 22, 2017
An average movie. Good action and special effects. Did not tie the prequel into the story very well.
January 14, 2017
Tron Legacy is a classic example of style over substance, as it fails to give the story a deeper meaning. The supporting characters are sidelined by our two protagonists and the story fails to accomplish a sense of scale, however the visuals are undeniably stunning to watch, and the electronic score by Daft Punk gives the film a rush of adrenaline.
January 12, 2017
With this one I stand firmly against any critics. Yes, the script isn't always airtight but also not lacking in interesting ideas. After many viewings, I am still invested in the characters, moved by the emotion, stunned by the visuals, mesmerized by the soundtrack and convinced of the filmmakers' passion.
½ January 11, 2017
Technologically speaking this film blew me away. Action sequences from hand to hand, motorcycles and flying were way more awesome than I thought it could have. Along with kick ass music from Daft Punk and yes obviously I didn't expect much from the writing other than sentiment so you care more about the characters.

Definite recommend for stunning visuals and music. Looking forward to the next generation of Tron.
January 5, 2017
Has nothing to do with the original.
½ December 24, 2016
While the original Tron was a tiresome mess, this sequel is in fact a huge evolution in about every aspect, featuring a better narrative, more entertainment and, of course, superior technology and visuals. The result is dazzling fun with an awesome soundtrack by Daft Punk.
December 11, 2016
A fun and entertaining movie.
½ December 2, 2016
It's been almost 30 years since the first Tron movie has been out. So the fact that there's a sequel for it after many years, has made people skeptical about whether or not Tron Legacy would live up to expectations, especially when it has a new director name Joseph Kosinski who's done no films before it except for a short video that's called Tr2n. Tron Legacy is a really great sequel that the director's vision is definitely there. The plot is bigger than the original, and is just as entertaining. Jeff Bridges is still great in this, and some new actors like Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund are pretty good. The movie even had a bit of a cameo for Michael Sheen who is just having a lot of fun in this. The lightcycle and disk battles are still here and are a lot of fun to watch. The filmmakers created more and more things in the Grid which gives the film more of a variety with the gaming world. Some characters are good, and some characters could've been developed from what they God. The effects are amazing to look at, and is more advanced which makes sense for the recent time period. There are some plot moments that I did find predictable, and the beginning was a bit confusing to follow. The score by Daft Punk is very catchy and totally works for the Grid world. People would say that Clu's face is a bit obvious that it's CGI which I can understand on that one, but it's very new for a movie, and I think that they did the best they can to make it look good, that is until years later where Furious 7 perfected it for Paul Walker. Even though Tron Legacy has more problems than the original, that's to be expected from a sequel and the time gap between them, and I actually think that this is a bit better and more entertaining than Tron.
½ November 20, 2016
If you don't bother with the story, it's a dazzling ride.
November 16, 2016
Amazing Soundtrack and amazing effects. Too bad there're only 3 great scenes in the whole movie. The rest is kinda lame. And it fails to name itself a "sequel".
October 31, 2016
This is one of those movies that does improve with successive viewings although only up to a point. The visuals are stunning but the story can lose you if you're not paying strict attention. Fun but no classic.
October 20, 2016
Why don't people like it? Did they expect the plot of Memento or something? Just immerse yourself in the world of Tron with sleek visuals and a kickass soundtrack.
October 15, 2016
I think this movie is visual striking but lacks on the story development that it could of had. It was cool and nice to watch but don't watch it again after once.
½ October 14, 2016
This movie is trash, its just bad, from the main character being a stereotypical middle aged white guy desperately trying to be relatable and failing, its predictable, its obvious that the main character was going to be the father, I could guess that the obi one kanobi lookin dood was also his father and then from there i could guess that the father was a clone, it makes me angry, the only piece of credit I could give this piece of shit is the daft punk cameo, the soundtrack (made by Daft Punk), and the hilarity of the fails are, me and my friend had a blast laughing at this shit, 1.5 out of ten, how could you even rate this a 3.5 or 5.9.
October 7, 2016
This is the greatest movie, the SGI is incredible, the story, the soundtrack and everything that I look forward to Tron 3 coming. Love this movie
½ October 2, 2016
It does have its sloppy moments for sure, though it's such a visual treat, and it's definitely entertaining when it's entertaining.
September 30, 2016
1 star for the soundtrack, the other for Daft Punk's appearance.
½ September 14, 2016
The plot is vague but when you have those big set pieces and that immense Daft Punk soundtrack then who really Cares? The film is a rush and, while it may not stick with you, that's not really a problem when it's unfolding in front of you. and Jeff Bridges still is one of the cinema's great actors.
August 29, 2016
There are many interesting ideas in this movie, but two aspects mar it terribly: a monochromatic palette that looks dull in comparison to the original, and a very literal interpretation of the original film's metaphysics. This could have been so much better.
August 22, 2016
The film's story was good, the soundtrack was great, the visuals were amazing, but the movie felt boring at times.