Tron Legacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tron Legacy Reviews

August 13, 2016
Torn: Legacy has innovative visuals and a great soundtrack along with an interesting cast. The plot is a little weak though.
August 5, 2016
better then the first
½ August 3, 2016
Easily surpassed the original with the soundtrack alone.
July 29, 2016
I loved this movie when I saw it in the theatre, and I loved the first original film too. I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews on here, when overall this was a great movie. The soundtrack is amazing, I listen to it at least once a week still, and it's so visually cool. It does have a different, more serious feel than the original, but who said that was a bad thing? I definitely recommend watching this.
July 28, 2016
this was fine I guess. good special and visual effects.
July 24, 2016
I loved the movie. I loved the prequel video game, Tron Evolution. I loved the prequel TV series, Tron Uprising. I loved the epilogue featurette, Tron: The Next Day. I loved the video game retelling of this movie in Kingdom Hearts 3D. And I loved Tron Classic. The story, acting, music, and CGI in all of them were absolutely brilliant, especially Bruce Boxleitner. I just wished they'd made a Tron 3 and a Tron Uprising Season 2. I was really looking forward to more of Elijah Wood, Paul Reubens, and Bruce playing out the story of Tron's eventual fall to the dark side, and to more of Olivia Wilde playing the dropdead gorgeous badass rebel Quorra. This movie reinvigorated the Tron franchise and led to so many other side-stories therein. Disney, if you're looking at this, please renew Tron Uprising, because with Gravity Falls over, there's nothing else left on XD good enough that adults would watch.
July 19, 2016
Nothing can compare to the groundbreaking achievement that is the first Tron, but that's only because everything has been done now.
This is an excellently designed, action packed, visually stunning story that builds off the first film.
It gets a bad rap because everyone wanted a sequel that was a massive leap forward like the first Tron, but that was never possible with everything that has been done in the 30 years since then.
This is a stunning showcase that you will enjoy if you give it a chance.
July 18, 2016
Despite some laughably bad lines and the incessant Daft Punk soundtrack, this was what the original Tron should've been if they'd had the tech to do it.
July 10, 2016
There might not be much under the surface of Tron, but that hardly matters when the surface is this spectacular and engaging. The visuals create a beautiful, abstract painting of light that is constantly shifting and changing that more than makes up for cardboard characters and a plot that is paint by numbers at worst. See it on the big screen if possible. It's well worth your time.
July 6, 2016
My personal favourite movie, Tron Legacy reaches down into my brain and grabs a hold of my imagination in a way that other movies fail to do. Despite all criticism (most of it deserved), Tron Legacy will be with me until the day I die.
July 3, 2016
A movie where programmers are physically cool. Yay! I am a creator.

LOVED the special effects.
June 30, 2016
Tron Legacy is awesome. But, this movie has it's fair share of problems. The acting, is fairly mediocre, the story, not the most coherent or gripping and the climax, more than a little underwhelming. The reason why this film gets a 4/5 star rating is because this is one of the coolest looking and feeling movies I've ever seen. Before Sam Flynn enters the computer world (The Grid), the action takes place in Vancouver which was awesome to see in a film like this. The look of the grid is phenomenal. From the Disc Battles to the Light Cycles to the breathtaking Daft Punk score, this is one of the best movie worlds in cinematic history. With a big screen and a great sound system, this movie is truly a portal to another world. The story however, while not that bad, doesn't hold up nearly as well as the visuals do. But that being said, it's film experience that everyone should have at least once! If you have a 3D TV, even better!
June 28, 2016
Awesome. With a side of awesomeness. I loved it. Though I'm not sure folks who aren't hardcore Tron geeks are going to get it. I'm grateful Disney decided to spend $200 million making a movie just for me.
½ June 27, 2016
I can't stand the original and feel the same way about this one. I tried. I watched the whole thing, even though it was painful to watch and I couldn't wait for it to be over. Bored me to tears and I just hated it!!
June 23, 2016
It is incredibly stunning to look at. From its pristine cinematography to impressive production design, unique costumes, and dazzling visual effects, on a technical level Tron: Legacy is a great-looking film. It features some likeable actors including a scene-stealing Olivia Wilde. The weakest part of the film is the story. I'm a sucker for a good father-and-son, mother-and-daughter, dysfunctional family drama, and I did find the relationship between Jeff Bridges and Garrett Hedlund compelling. The rest of the film, although it is entertaining, I found it somewhat dull. In the end, it is still fun to watch, but personally I wanted it to be more cerebral and thought-provoking.
June 11, 2016
Tron Legacy is a sequel to Tron which was released in 1982. The movie is actually pretty good despite what the masses say. The movies story isn't amazing or anything special but the film has amazing visuals and fantastic action as well as a great cyberpunk theme and great music. The story while not being great is still far superior to its predecessor. Overall its worth a watch. The visuals and films design alone make this a worth while experience.
½ June 8, 2016
Tron Legacy's mediocre story and forgettable characters can be ignored thanks to its amazing special effects, fitting soundtrack, and great action sequences
May 25, 2016
There are things to really like about Tron: Legacy. For starters, I appreciate the continuity of the franchise by bringing back Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner. Both also deserve extra credit for portraying two characters, especially Bridges since he's a main character. The music is very fitting for this universe; Daft Punk might not be the most conventional choice to write a film score, but they didn't disappoint with this one. The most impressive part of this movie was its visual effects. The bike sequences and disk fights were fun to watch. Now, although this movie was fun to look at and listen to, it was a challenge to get through. The middle act is where things started to go downhill because the action slowed down and the "story" picked up. The plot was very dull, and the characters were duller. I honestly didn't care about the fates of any of the characters because they weren't very fleshed out at all, so it was hard to take the climax of the movie very seriously. That being said, this is a harmless movie that you can justify watching with the family, but don't expect anything memorable.
April 21, 2016
Great fun, and a worthy addition to the franchise.
April 9, 2016
This is the best movie I've ever seen. Just the soundtrack by Daft Punk is enough, but that's not all this movie gives. The effects are beautiful, beating many of todays big movies. Kids will love it, and adults will remember the first movie. Must watch movie