Tron Legacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tron Legacy Reviews

½ March 4, 2017
How is this as high as 51%?
½ March 3, 2017
TRON: Legacy is a fun but flawed sci-fi film. The concept of the movie largely carries the weight, but is helped with a cast of likable characters. CGI Bridges is always distracting, but also makes it feel more like a video game.
March 2, 2017
Probably my all time favorite movie
February 26, 2017
Great plot. Awesome soundtrack. Great casting and acting. Totally worth the money to rent/buy.
February 18, 2017
Saw this film in IMAX 3D 4 years ago my first ever IMAX film and I loved every minute of it hope they make TRON 3 ??
February 1, 2017
It's a good movie to watch
½ January 30, 2017
Tron Legacy (2010)

The best part is the film score by Daft Punk. However but the story itself is confusing to follow as well as the world to understand as far as the scale and how it all works. The world felt more like a computer program vs. a video game. It was a game where the rules were not well defined and the peramiters of the world were not well set.

I hate the lack or colors of only variations of orange, blue, white, and black. It felt almost monochromatic in it's environments within the game.

I did not understand why characters in the game talked electronically sometimes that was difficult to understand what they were saying.

I don't think the beginning made much sense. I thought this film was going to connect better to the original Tron as far as it's origins.

The ending was confusing because I never understood how a computer program could exist outside of the game as a person and what happened to the dad that he could not or did not try to escape the game.
January 23, 2017
Make Tron 3 yesterday!!!
January 22, 2017
An average movie. Good action and special effects. Did not tie the prequel into the story very well.
January 14, 2017
Tron Legacy is a classic example of style over substance, as it fails to give the story a deeper meaning. The supporting characters are sidelined by our two protagonists and the story fails to accomplish a sense of scale, however the visuals are undeniably stunning to watch, and the electronic score by Daft Punk gives the film a rush of adrenaline.
January 12, 2017
With this one I stand firmly against any critics. Yes, the script isn't always airtight but also not lacking in interesting ideas. After many viewings, I am still invested in the characters, moved by the emotion, stunned by the visuals, mesmerized by the soundtrack and convinced of the filmmakers' passion.
½ January 11, 2017
Technologically speaking this film blew me away. Action sequences from hand to hand, motorcycles and flying were way more awesome than I thought it could have. Along with kick ass music from Daft Punk and yes obviously I didn't expect much from the writing other than sentiment so you care more about the characters.

Definite recommend for stunning visuals and music. Looking forward to the next generation of Tron.
January 5, 2017
Has nothing to do with the original.
½ December 24, 2016
While the original Tron was a tiresome mess, this sequel is in fact a huge evolution in about every aspect, featuring a better narrative, more entertainment and, of course, superior technology and visuals. The result is dazzling fun with an awesome soundtrack by Daft Punk.
December 11, 2016
A fun and entertaining movie.
½ December 2, 2016
It's been almost 30 years since the first Tron movie has been out. So the fact that there's a sequel for it after many years, has made people skeptical about whether or not Tron Legacy would live up to expectations, especially when it has a new director name Joseph Kosinski who's done no films before it except for a short video that's called Tr2n. Tron Legacy is a really great sequel that the director's vision is definitely there. The plot is bigger than the original, and is just as entertaining. Jeff Bridges is still great in this, and some new actors like Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund are pretty good. The movie even had a bit of a cameo for Michael Sheen who is just having a lot of fun in this. The lightcycle and disk battles are still here and are a lot of fun to watch. The filmmakers created more and more things in the Grid which gives the film more of a variety with the gaming world. Some characters are good, and some characters could've been developed from what they God. The effects are amazing to look at, and is more advanced which makes sense for the recent time period. There are some plot moments that I did find predictable, and the beginning was a bit confusing to follow. The score by Daft Punk is very catchy and totally works for the Grid world. People would say that Clu's face is a bit obvious that it's CGI which I can understand on that one, but it's very new for a movie, and I think that they did the best they can to make it look good, that is until years later where Furious 7 perfected it for Paul Walker. Even though Tron Legacy has more problems than the original, that's to be expected from a sequel and the time gap between them, and I actually think that this is a bit better and more entertaining than Tron.
½ November 20, 2016
If you don't bother with the story, it's a dazzling ride.
November 16, 2016
Amazing Soundtrack and amazing effects. Too bad there're only 3 great scenes in the whole movie. The rest is kinda lame. And it fails to name itself a "sequel".
October 31, 2016
This is one of those movies that does improve with successive viewings although only up to a point. The visuals are stunning but the story can lose you if you're not paying strict attention. Fun but no classic.
October 20, 2016
Why don't people like it? Did they expect the plot of Memento or something? Just immerse yourself in the world of Tron with sleek visuals and a kickass soundtrack.