Tron Legacy Reviews

• Nov 19, 2020

I saw this movie once in theaters. I never had the urge to watch it again. It's boring, uneventful, and ultimately a forgettable watch. I don't even remember what it was about.

• Nov 10, 2020

A massive upgrade on the first film, at least for someone like me who certainly doesn't enjoy the 1982 production. 'TRON: Legacy' is much more vibrant, developed and tangible. I actually formed a connection with the characters in this one, which is the complete opposite to the original. The special effects (bar the de-aging) are a vast improvement, which is to be expected in fairness; I love the look of this. It's nice to get a proper view into the 'outside' lives of the protagonists, rather than receiving a tiny backstory before shoving them into the new universe; I appreciated the build-up to the eventual entry. The score is also terrific, even if it's strange hearing Daft Punk's "Outlands" due to my familiarity of it coming from Sky Sports UK's Formula 1 opening credits. Garrett Hedlund is great in the role Sam, I enjoyed his performance from the get-go. Jeff Bridges is excellent too, I feel all the actors in general were given much more to work with in this one; I barely took notice of Bridges (& Co.) in the predecessor, but he stands out big here. Olivia Wilde and Michael Sheen are good, also. Cillian Murphy even makes a minute appearance. It does, at least to me, feel like a very different film when compared to 'Tron', which may disappoint lovers of the latter but will be relief to opposing folk; e.g. me. Wasn't sure what to expect from this, but thankfully it produces an entertaining time.

• Oct 29, 2020

This remake of the Disney classic is pretty good. Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, and the rest of the cast did a good job in this movie. The plot to the movie was entertaining and kind of thrilling. This movie wasn't as great as the original, but it was still fun to watch. If you haven't seen this movie yet, you may enjoy it. That's what I think anyway.

• Oct 04, 2020

To this day i wish for a sequel to this epic movie. The original was really amaxin and ahead of its time in terms of computer animation and the sequel clearly lived up to the storyline of the original.

• Sep 29, 2020

Many will dislike, but Tron is just beggining...

Many will dislike, but Tron is just beggining...

• Sep 10, 2020

Interesting. Worth a watch. A bit lacking for a reason I can't put my finger on,

• Sep 02, 2020

A dazzling Daft Punk dream and tribute to the original TRON. Joseph Kosinski's science-fiction action-adventure TRON: Legacy (2010) is a masterfully directed piece of cinema. Kosinski's direction is slickly neon blue everywhere. His creative use of black and blue lighting makes TRON: Legacy one of the best looking feature films I've ever seen. Kosinski pays tribute to TRON left and right with homage to Steven Lisberger's original classic in spirit all the time. From bringing back Flynn's Arcade, ENCOM, The Grid, Light-cycles, and many more concepts from TRON. Kosinski's direction leaves me emotionally drained and destroyed by the ending. It honestly still makes me cry, but the entire preceding movie is very fun with crazy ideas, exciting action, and moving performances. Garrett Hedlund is realistically endearing and pretty cool for a young actor fronting a new TRON film as Sam Flynn. His desire to see his father feels genuine and he comes across and sincerely engaged in this strange sci-fi story. Jeff Bridges is phenomenal as both the likable, zen father Kevin Flynn and the egomaniac computer program tyrant CLU. Olivia Wilde has never looked more stunningly gorgeous than as the cute android like program Quorra. Her hand to hand combat is as cool as her driving segments, but it's her quirky personality, starry icy blue eyes, and endearing awkward charisma as Quorra that makes Wilde so memorable. Olivia Wilde was perfectly cast as Quorra for sure. Her black wig and neon blue outfit bring out her dreamy eyes and expressive facial acting all the more for TRON: Legacy. Bruce Boxleitner makes me so happy to see the return of TRON as well as the kindly programming genius Alan Bradley. His live-action sequences with Garrett Hedlund are very likable and natural. He's still a fantastic actor. I hope he does more roles with his distinctly warm, deep voice and gentle persona. He's still excellent as TRON himself. I cried when he said, "I fight for the Users!" I appreciate Joseph Kosinski asking Boxleitner back as well as having the mighty Cillian Murphy portray Edward Dillinger as a manipulative spawn of TRON's corporate villain. Likewise, it was nice of Kosinski to have TRON's writer and director Steven Lisberger cameo as Castor's bartender too in the background. Michael Sheen is a real lark as Castor and Zuse as he puts on a funny David Bowie impression with all the eccentricities. James Frain's robotic sycophant Jarvis is funny and smarmy. Beau Garrett is lovely as the Siren Gem. Steven Lisberger's TRON script is phenomenal and innovative, while here TRON: Legacy updates technology for the modern age. All the special effects and CGI look stunning for the backdrops, de-aging, enlightened suits, light trails, and light discs. TRON: Legacy was quite groundbreaking for its time as far as special effects go and what computers are capable of then. I liked Richard Jefferies, Edward Kitsis, and Adam Horowitz' script about technology, morality, ethics, fatherhood, parenting, maturing, and peace of mind. TRON takes old mythos and modernizes it for contemporary audiences now used to the internet, wi-fi, online chat-rooms, avatars, video games, corporate tech demos, and ever advancing tech annually. TRON: Legacy keeps ENCOM and TRON's unique worldbuilding, then dives deeper into what The Grid is capable of representing and offering to the world. Claudio Miranda's cinematography is breathtaking with ultra wide shots everywhere that are daring for a movie full of CGI. All the night shots and neon blues against black backdrops is mesmerizing. TRON: Legacy remains of the coolest looking film aesthetics. Miranda's filmmaking is impressive as we get high speed motorcycle maneuvering, light-cycle chases, laser disc battles, lightship flying, and hand to hand combat segments all shot with a riveting style. Darren Gilford's production is more cold and sterile for contemporary audiences rather than the warm 80's sets, but it does give a sleek modern feel at all times. Lin MacDonald's set decoration looks futuristic, but grounded in humanity's nostalgia for the past. I love the black and blue costumes with a slick latex look for all the futuristic fashion in TRON: Legacy. Daft Punk's synthpop, house, and classical blend for TRON: Legacy's score is now legendary for their daring and original music. It's pulsing with life and energy, giving TRON: Legacy a nostalgic, poignant, and epic feel for its atmosphere. They change the mood at the drop of a musical cue many times and all the themes are very memorable too. I love their final music as Sam Flynn is leaving The Grid or the club fight sequence. They even cameo as Castor's DJ's in full French robot regalia! The first laserdisc fight or the light-cycle race tunes are killer. Hopefully, Daft Punk returns to score the eventual sequel Disney is planning out! In all, TRON: Legacy has aged so well, that I now love this movie, when I previously merely liked it after seeing it in theaters. It is beautiful, dreamy, entertaining, thought provoking, and heartfelt with a tear jerking finale for the ages.

• Aug 28, 2020

My Favorite Movie Tron Legacy is the best movie of Disney

My Favorite Movie Tron Legacy is the best movie of Disney

• Aug 27, 2020

The Young Jeff bridges at the beginning looked fake as crap, but other than that, the visuals and the action scenes were incredible in this sequel. I enjoyed it! Jeff Bridges did a great job again, (playing both Hero and Villian) and so did new leads Olivia Wilde and Garret Hedlund.

• Aug 24, 2020

TRON: Legacy is a lot better than the first one but it's not an amazing movie. The movie's got a very basic story, decent acting, some weak dialogue, alright effects, weird pacing, a forgettable villain and a beautiful soundtrack which was done by Daft Punk.