Manson, My Name Is Evil Reviews

• Jan 24, 2016

Manson, My Name is Evil offers a subject whose perspective is worth being brought to the spotlight, but director Reginald Harkema is more interested in exploring the mundane politics and warfare of the 1960s, delivering a disappointingly dull -- and historically inaccurate -- biopic about a fascinating individual.

• Nov 16, 2014

Kristen Hager delivers a great mix of "sexy" and "sadism" in her performance as real-life murderer Leslie Van Houten, but her talent can't save Manson, My Name is Evil from its numerous inaccuracies and character omissions that misguide and bore fans of the true story.

• Jul 12, 2013

Excellent and off beat, this film does jump about a little so maybe a touch challenging, it looks mainly at the trial of the Manson gang, and his influence especially on Leslie, one of the followers. unsettling, but then it should be. well filmed, and well acted.

• Jul 28, 2012

Thankfully this was short because it was just not very good.

Thankfully this was short because it was just not very good.

• Nov 21, 2011

interesting view, showing the events happening at the time and difficulties in self-discovery and finding the right place faced by those growing up in those times

• Nov 08, 2011

Interesting take on the Manson story with the main focus on Perry a juror and one of his followers. Its got some good undertones from the era with a stilted style of acting suiting this movie and harking back to the movies of this era.

• Oct 23, 2011

reallly depressing movie but offers more insight into the case. that may be invaluable to the cause of understanding human nature. good looking and convincing cast. makes me more interested in the people involved, their motivations and private lives.

• Jul 24, 2011

Not bad, but its seemed a bit under-developed.

Not bad, but its seemed a bit under-developed.

• Jun 01, 2011

I really love Kristin Hager, and this is her biggest role I've seen her in yet. I didn't quite buy her transformations from innocent girl to vicous killer, but she was pretty great otherwise. Movie was never boring and since I know little about Manson, I guess I wasnt bothered that it made a lot of stuff up!

• May 31, 2011

Like the fact that Perry's real feelings aren't completely shown during the jury hearing ... including the fact that he's raring to get married (&get laid!) The variables of the "time" give reason to the infamous events ; director/writer did this well! Movies of this calibre should be made more apparant, advertised more! See this to get a sense of the mind tricks (and mindfulness) of the manson clan.