Made for Each Other - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Made for Each Other Reviews

½ June 13, 2015
Fast forwarded it...i wish i could get my 30 mins of life back !
November 23, 2014
This cast is hysterical, but it's pretty clear that movie was dragged down a few notches due to money issues. The story is small, but the performances are big... feels kind of awkward.
September 20, 2013
Seen it now the second time , one star less .
June 28, 2013
The description of this movie in Netflix sounded appealing. If it was done well, it could've been funny. It had a few funny moments, but overall, the plot was weak and it wasn't that funny. The only reason I kind of enjoyed it was for Danny Masterson, because I just loved him in That 70's Show, but other than that, don't waste your time with this movie. It's pretty lame.
hunterjt13
½ November 19, 2012
A newlywed who is seduced by his boss tries to arrange an affair for his wife to assuage his guilt.
Maybe I just added this film to my queue because of my attraction to Bijou Phillips, or maybe I found the premise interesting, but the simple fact of the matter is that watching this movie was a regrettable mistake. It is bad, bad, bad. None of the jokes has any originality, and not a single broad bit works. The characterizations are inconsistent (why does Catherine sometimes have a German accent while her sister is as American as apple pie), and the plot is as tired as I was after five minutes of this stinky, festering abortion of a film. It isn't sexy, it isn't funny, and it isn't worth the celluloid wasted to make it ... although there is a Bijou Phillips side boob moment.
Overall, I want my life back.
August 9, 2012
The best part of any marriage is consummating it. However, after 3 months of a sexless marriage, Dan finds himself in the throes of casual sex with another woman. Dan decides the only way to morally rectify this is, of course, to get his wife to cheat on him and thus he sets out to find the right man to even the score
April 14, 2012
Very raunchy humour, a bit over the top at times, but fairly funny. I liked Bijou Phillips as the wife, Lucy, with her growing horniness and sexual frustration used to set-up some fairly humourous jokes. Sadly some of these superb jokes were left in the deleted scenes in the cut scene 'Fantasies', but others were left intact thankfully, and Lauren German's filthy-mouthed, Sister-in-law, Catherine, was good for a few laughs!
June 3, 2011
I watched this solely because I really like the Masterson brothers. I didn't expect it to be anything less than absolutely stupid, and it didn't let me down. I guess if raunchy comedy and bad acting is your thing, you might enjoy this. Otherwise, it's really not worth watching. It's every other crass comedy I've ever seen, with some of the worst acting I've ever had to sit through.
May 2, 2011
It just wasn't for me. I'm sure if you really like this kind of comedy, you might find something worth watching.
½ March 17, 2011
Just a bad movie. The jokes weren't funny. The only redeeming quality it really had was that it was dirty and distasteful. I was really disappointed with the script and some of the performances, especially German who granted, had a ridiculous role but really did it badly. It felt like a mess and inconsistent, like someone had thrown the footage together over the weekend.
January 13, 2011
I'm giving this one a reserved 3 stars. Sometimes I think it's only 2 and a half but then I think of some scenes and it does deserve 3 stars. But this film does have its share of problems. Starring Christopher Masterson (That 70's show's Danny Masterson's brother), Bijou Phillips, Patrick Warburton, Lauren German and even Danny Masterson himself. First off the bad: the almost complete lack of background music makes this like a play, sometimes it's very noticeable, Lauren German's character, she does an alright job herself but did the filmmaker tell her to speak sometimes in an amplified tone? It's hard to describe but it's like she just learned english. I have to think it's just something the filmmakers put it there to screw with you a little but I don't know. The good: There are a few scenes and running gags that are laugh out loud hilarious. One of the running gags is that Dan is part of a pickup basketball team and you see the guys getting ready to play when the next game starts, they say alright we're next , let's stretch and then are passed up again and again. Then they say alright guys same time next week? and go on. There's a couple of scenes inside a barbecue wings joint that apparently no girls are allowed (case in point when a couple of girls walk in all the guys turn their heads toward them and yell "hey" and they turn around and leave. The best scene by far is when Dan is eating chinese food and is wondering if chinese people ever get tired of eating chinese food. The film then shows a chinese family eating chinese food and it is priceless. Now that was genius! As I said some positive but some negative. I am up in arms about this movie. You would have to be in the right mood to really like this movie I'm afraid. Some of you might hate it. That is why I very reservedly recommend.
November 9, 2010
tanto no me gusto la peli..
½ September 27, 2010
The trailer for the movie looked good, but the movie has a laundry list of things wrong with it. It at times go so over the top that I feels like I am watching a Waynes Brother movie. It takes you out of the movie and ruins the story even if you like goofy humor.
½ September 19, 2010
By far the best late 80s comedy to come out in the last year.
September 10, 2010
I thought this movie would never end.
August 29, 2010
Enjoyed the music. I liked the actors as well. But for some reason, the budget or the director, I just didn't take to this film.
½ August 28, 2010
todo lo q es
una mierda de pelicula xD
si tienen la oportunidad de verla...
make yourself a favor PLease DON'T ! xD
August 18, 2010
En sød lille kærligheds film, men det hele er bare set før, og gjort meget bedre før. Der var noget specielt over den, men ellers ved jeg ikk hvad jeg skal sige om den ... Okay, men så absolut heller ikk mere end det