Predators Reviews

• 5d ago

I don't remember if I watched all these movies, but this one was a pretty good thriller and built up an interesting background right from the start. The action and moral compromises throughout the movie were very capturing. The end had a cool twist to it, but then became somewhat ambiguous and with random romance.

• Apr 03, 2021

Predators is a bit of a pleasant surprise. Its simple, focused premise works perfectly for this type of film and allows for some solid technical execution. However, after a really strong setup it does begin to lose its way around halfway through. Still, Predators delivers enough bloody thrills to make it watchable for both fans of the franchise and of the action/horror genre.

• Mar 19, 2021

Good movie on some standing great world building very interesting characters. The magic of the first predator cannot be recreated, the reveal of the character does not have the same effect. It feels repetitive. This movie would had a better impact if it came out 20 years before. The franchise was damaged by the alien versus predator Series.

• Mar 15, 2021

The Predator movie and boring are practically oxymorons, but Predators found a way to combine those two together. The movie wastes a plot, that was already used in the original, and any new ideas are never developed. Even with all A tier actors/actresses, they never develop them either. But the main problem with this movie is, like I said, the amount of boredom it dishes out.

• Mark B Super Reviewer
    Mar 09, 2021

"The planet is a game reserve. And we're the game." The most enjoyable of the sequels, Predators is decent popcorn fun. No plot to speak of, just pure action mayhem. Six or seven multinational rejects (seemingly from a multi-player videogame -- a sniper, heavy gunner, SMG gunner, assault rifle gunner, and redneck with a knife) parachute onto another planet after being roofied. (How the hell do you parachute onto another planet?!?!) This is basically a retread of the original with more predators, which may be a good thing and why it's ranked #2 for me compared to the rest of the sequel dog heap.

• Mar 07, 2021

My first R rated experience in theatres when I was 15 still holds up as a nice throwback to the first movie while trying to be new and creative at the same time. It was almost funny that Spy Kids director Robert Rodriguez produced this little gem

• Jan 17, 2021

In 2010 it was Adrien Brody and Topher Grace headlining this, but watching in 2021 I was far more excited to see Mahershala Ali and Walton Goggins. 6.5/10

• Dec 01, 2020

It was great and it's clever

It was great and it's clever

• Nov 10, 2020

While some elements of "Predators" bring a new light to a dying franchise, they are overshadowed by the blatant copies and bad ideas. The double meaning of the title is an interesting topic but instead of the viewer finding out for themselves, it's literally explained out loud by the characters, who are meant to be disliked. So, at the end of the movie when the audience is asked to care, no one does because we don't like them. The best part of the movie was the fight between the two Predators and somehow, they made it look atrocious. Overall, this movie may look like the beginning of a new string of Predator movies, but in reality, is just an okay film. That's why I give "Predators"... 2 stars.

• Oct 30, 2020

Not as good as the first two I could see how they were trying to recreated the first one but I don't think it worked too well it was good though I liked how they did several predators and they went back on the island and I also liked the characters from this.