Backfire Reviews

• Dec 04, 2014

Some people take their marriage vows seriously, others not so much. Here we have the story of a woman married to a wealthy Vietnam veteran who is struggling with post traumatic stress. Instead of helping him, she works to build his paranoia until he goes over the edge into a catatonic state. Despite a somewhat slow start, I enjoyed this one once the tables were turned on her by an old war buddy of her husband's posing as a drifter.

• Jul 30, 2014

Neo noir effort has wife plotting the demise of her suffering Viertnam veteran husband with a few twists along the way. Rather simple plot that is well-paced and reveals things slowly along the way. Worth a look.

• Mar 12, 2010

Gloria says: Excellent script, fantastic acting, interesting plot and there are more twists in this movie than there is on the dance floor. Backfire was an unpredictable movie and it kept me interested from the beginning to the very end. It is still a very good movie even till this day. I highly recommend it. Michael says: This 1980''s B-movie actually surprised me. From Jeff Fahey to Keith Carridine to Karen Allen, the acting was superb. I did end up falling asleep before the film ended, so I guess I cannot give it a proper review, but from I saw, I definitely liked it. And I agree on the 7 rating because I fought really hard to stay awake.

• Dec 25, 2007

Bland and predictable. Keith Carradine is one creepy bastard with an untrustable face