The Bad News Bears Reviews

• May 03, 2020

Michael Ritchie's The Bad News Bears addresses the nature of modern-day sport for what it really is. A fun youthful activity that is supposed to bring the community together, until adults get involved and ruin it. A different type of underdog story that shows maturity has nothing to do with age. Full review: https://rickybinney.wordpress.com/2020/05/03/the-bad-news-bears/

• Mar 29, 2020

I saw this movie when it came out. I was a pitcher and I lived for baseball. I loved it then and now. This movie represents how little league was played then and its genuine true spirit of adversity and competition and redemption is right on the mark. Its a masterpiece.

• Jan 27, 2019

The best inspiring sports comedy movie ever made!

The best inspiring sports comedy movie ever made!

• Oct 19, 2018

Perfect film! 70s gold!

Perfect film! 70s gold!

• Sep 12, 2017

its ok but i didnt like it. i watched this one and dazed and confused on the recommendation of tarantino. theyre both good films but not my style i suppose

• Sep 07, 2017

This should have never been remade. It was fine the way it was! Now about this film, it's so great, but for sure not a little kids movie. It's actually considered a classic comedy which couldn't be more true. For the Billy Bob Thornton vs. Walter Mathieu debate head on over to broforcesquad.com

• Jul 09, 2017

Story about a horrible little league baseball team and their drunkard coach who doesn't want to coach them. Tchaikovsky is an excellent touch. Matthau is brilliant. But its the direction by Ritchie that makes this movie one of my all time favorites.

• Jun 07, 2017

Hell of a good time. Personally one of my favorite comedy's. You won't ever see a film like this in 2017 or probably ever again. Side note Buttermaker is one of my favorite scum bags ever in film.

• May 27, 2017

This is a pure classic. This movie is full of laughter and fun. It may be rude, profane, and can be offensive, but it's all in a hilarious way. This movie is highly entertaining and is a good baseball movie. I can't really decide if either this or sandlot is better, but I feel like sandlot really borrowed some things from this movie. Overall this is a great movie, maybe not for the whole family, but it is highly enjoyable for anyone this movie is pitching for. A+

• Dec 27, 2016

A great coming of age movie!

A great coming of age movie!