The Bad News Bears Reviews

• Jan 27, 2019

The best inspiring sports comedy movie ever made!

The best inspiring sports comedy movie ever made!

• Sep 12, 2017

its ok but i didnt like it. i watched this one and dazed and confused on the recommendation of tarantino. theyre both good films but not my style i suppose

• Sep 07, 2017

This should have never been remade. It was fine the way it was! Now about this film, it's so great, but for sure not a little kids movie. It's actually considered a classic comedy which couldn't be more true. For the Billy Bob Thornton vs. Walter Mathieu debate head on over to broforcesquad.com

• Jul 09, 2017

Story about a horrible little league baseball team and their drunkard coach who doesn't want to coach them. Tchaikovsky is an excellent touch. Matthau is brilliant. But its the direction by Ritchie that makes this movie one of my all time favorites.

• Jun 07, 2017

Hell of a good time. Personally one of my favorite comedy's. You won't ever see a film like this in 2017 or probably ever again. Side note Buttermaker is one of my favorite scum bags ever in film.

• May 27, 2017

This is a pure classic. This movie is full of laughter and fun. It may be rude, profane, and can be offensive, but it's all in a hilarious way. This movie is highly entertaining and is a good baseball movie. I can't really decide if either this or sandlot is better, but I feel like sandlot really borrowed some things from this movie. Overall this is a great movie, maybe not for the whole family, but it is highly enjoyable for anyone this movie is pitching for. A+

• Dec 27, 2016

A great coming of age movie!

A great coming of age movie!

• Aug 30, 2016

This set the template for movies about sports. The team is not very good, but all the characters learn a lesson.

• May 24, 2016

A classic, it would never get made nowadays in this PC world we live in. No need to watch the remake, it's horrible!

• May 02, 2016

If I ever wanted to know what it was like to live in the 70s, I think the Bad News Bears explains the times. In our politically correct world, it's actually shocking to see a true alcoholic coaching a kids soccer team. And then there's the alcoholic berating the team before the film finishes. And the coach on the other team actually hits one of the kids across the face while his mom looks on. The big finisher of the film is when the losing kids take the field loaded with alcohol from their coach and tell the other team where they can shove their statue. And this is a family comedy? Not being easily offended, I had a good time watching this team of misfits, but I don't think it would play well with today's audience.