Batman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Reviews

½ June 23, 2017
Tim Burton's astounding vision of the Dark Knight proved that superhero movies can also be dark and serious. The masterful interpretations by Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton improve even this gothic story.
½ June 20, 2017
It's a good movie, it just hasn't aged well in almost three decades since it's release.
June 19, 2017
With Phenomenal Performances From Nicholson And Keaton, Tim Burton's Batman Is A Gothic Tale Unlike No Other.
½ June 19, 2017
A great batman film! Love Michael Keaton as Batman and Jack Nicholson as the Joker. I also like the relationship between Batman and Vicki Vale is really well done and I like the gothic atmosphere to it, it feels like batman essentially. Highly recommend this one!
½ June 18, 2017
Still one of my favorite batman movies even after 20 years.
June 11, 2017
I really enjoyed a dark batman movie after the fun 1966 film. Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson are great in their roles and I really enjoyed Tim Burton's direction.
½ June 10, 2017
By far the best of the franchise.
June 6, 2017
A terrific turn by Jack Nicholson and a stoic Batman give a more serious start an icon in film.
June 5, 2017
This Movie Turned 25 Years Old In 2014.
June 1, 2017
Geez. And I thought Ben Affleck's Batman killed a lot of people.
½ May 29, 2017
Tim Burton finally showed that a superhero movie could have a darker and more adult tone, in addition to showing a more serious and bitter fun of the batman very different from the version shown in the series of 1966, the ambiance of gotham city is perfect is dark , Somber, cloudy and with a nostalgic tone mainly for the readers of the old HQs. The film has a good frame and does not use cuts in these, the special effects are very outdated to evaluate today and the soundtrack is classic and Perfect for the movie, Michael Keaton is adventurous as batman has all the qualities to be idealized as the best actor for the character but that does not happen lack cunning, charisma, loneliness and bitterness for him to be the ideal bruce wayne, Jack Nicholson this great As a joker, he really is a crazy pisicopata and deserves the clown clown of crime already Kim Basinger is in the movie to serve as a loving pair for the bruce wayne and endowment in danger in the hands of the jo Ker the film still has many errors in the script, mainly in what is said the convictions of the batman, and the first two acts are a bit tiring doing with spectacular third act.note 76
May 28, 2017
Despite what others say, Nicholson/Keaton 1989 effort here was the best IMHO.
½ May 25, 2017
8.8/10
Very good direction from Tim Burton in his first Batman film, Batman's performances are stunning and the story is solid. Jack Nicholson plays a great Joker and Michael Keaton is a strong Batman. A great movie that is still exceptional today.
May 22, 2017
Tremendous. Might not be the best Batman movie to date, but this was the film that set a new standard and ushered in the comic book genre. Michael Keaton is still the best Bruce Wayne. Jack is amazing. Tim Burton direction, along with Anton Furst 's brilliant design made Gotham City come to life. And lets us not forget the stellar score by Danny Elfman.
½ May 20, 2017
AW GOD NOSTALGIA STOP TUGGING AT MY NERVES PLEASE. Anyway, Jackie does great as the Joker.
½ May 19, 2017
This definitely is one of the best movies of all time in my Opinion. Micheal Keaton plays Batman and Jack Nicholson as The joker, and both are fantastic! Although, while The Dark Knight was just intended for adults, this is more older kids and adults. Also Dark Knight was a big landmark on Comic Book movies, So while this is a great movie it's probably not a land mark in anyway. But I still Stand by that it's a phenomenal film, better than The Dark Knight in fact. the lack of CGI, It's Dark and it is suspenseful. I love it, I've seen it a million times and will see it million more times.
May 15, 2017
The score is classic and the best part of this movie, not a bad movie though.
May 4, 2017
Classic movie, and best joker in my opinion.
April 17, 2017
The best ever and timeless...
April 17, 2017
This for me is still the best Batman movie ever, Jack Nicolson is by far the best Joker with a great gritty feel, but fun movie that made comic book films what they are today.