Batman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Reviews

January 15, 2017
Classic Batman. Keaton and Nicholson were well cast.
January 13, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 11, 2017
Obviously the best in the series. The origin story of the modern superhero movie movement.
January 3, 2017
3 stars merely for style but the story is a bit listless; for its whole first hour, it has no propulsion or energy. The second hour is more interesting and manages to become riveting but it doesnt excuse one full hour of boredom. So its not exactly bad but its made forgettable by this intense shortcoming.
½ January 1, 2017
Batman was a welcome start to a more brooding move that the hero deserves,rather than the 1966's Adam West Batman. Michael Keaton is not a great Bruce Wayne but his Batman is intimidating. The Action,however, appears into only 4 times into the movie and the hero is barely there. Jack Nicholson's Joker is one of the best jokers to be put,EVER! Batman(1989) is not the best representation of the caped crusader,but it's one of the better ones. Many people like or hate it, seeing the 72% tomatometer score.
½ December 29, 2016
A bout time I saw this classic now, as I've only seen the newer stuff. I like the new flicks and the older ones tend to be even better. When I think of it I may have seen the film as a kid, I do remember watching one of the early ones but I doubt it was this.

The story is perfect in many ways. It's creative, it's a bit dark, it's a semi-realistic world. A Tim Burton in shape also helps a lot. Jack Nicholson is really stealing the show here, absolutely brilliant. Fantastic acting and great one-liners. Kim Basinger is beautiful and Keaton is doing a solid job. So, solid work by the actors. I like most characters, also the smaller roles.

The effects was a bit of a let down. It's not THAT old. Some things are also left pretty unexplained. Not that everything needs to be, but I would like to know why The Joker had so much power and could rule so easily among other things. Great theme song and score otherwise done by Prince. I can't say that I'm really looking forward to the other three early films. Maybe "Batman Returns" will be pretty good, but I'm fearing that the rest wil be a drag. Time will tell, I guess.

7.5 out of 10 boomboxes.
December 23, 2016
It won best art direction, and the music is excellent - but you can pretty much forget, or sum up the plot in a few sentences: bad guy is crazy and dangerous, steals good guys girl, fights happen. The films main plot points are slightly comic and odd, but feel more like character development or excuses for more and more set and prop design, you can remember images from the film, but none of the dramatic substance.
December 20, 2016
A solid batman film that ooze's Gothic style and gives a good story of batman and his first encounter with his arch nemesis "the joker"
½ December 17, 2016
Good HA HA ha haaaaaaaaaa
November 25, 2016
Highly entertaining---but they absolutely RUINED the Joker's origin story.
½ November 21, 2016
One of the greatest super hero movies ever is an understatement.
November 18, 2016
Well, it was good, but it needs to be more story to Batman.
November 15, 2016
A classic the best batman ever Michael Keaton
½ November 10, 2016
It seems to have aged terribly. I feel like I may have enjoyed it more years ago, but now I find it barely watchable. It's the type of movie that will put you to sleep. (First full viewing - Late teen years)
½ November 7, 2016
Just who is Batman? Well, from what I could tell, he is a spooky figure who is mysterious right from the first entrance, complete with a calm voice that strikes fear into whoever underestimates him. Even his alter ego, Bruce Wayne, is tricky to figure out. Michael Keaton had the honor of portraying this vigilante, and played it off with such an obscure awkwardness, which makes it subliminally clear that he is always hiding something. If you want to learn more about this man Bruce, you'll have to take a look at his manor: filled with security cameras for every corner, with stairs leading from one oversized room to another. He hosts fundraisers that involve lots of gambling, and his ideal thing to do after taking a girl home is to hang upside down from an exercise tool in his bedroom. These visual cues alone could work to paste together who he really is.
November 1, 2016
Batman is a good movie even though it's nothing compared to the dark knight or really any of the Christopher Nolan batman movies and it's not as good as the mask of the phantasm.Batman has a good Jack Nicholson proformance all though it's not near as good as ledgers.a pretty good proformance by Michael
Keaton though I don't like him as much as bale.the movie is a little cheesy and not as rich and dark and gritty as the dark knight trilogy.
October 31, 2016
One of my Favorite Classics!
October 24, 2016
Dark and thrilling movie, a classic that will never be forgotten.
October 19, 2016
Both Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson give great performences and Tim Burton's style of direction suits the character of Batman pretty well. That said, this isn't one of the best Batman films. This is a movie for fans of Batman and of Tim Burton's unique style of direction. It isn't perfect but it's still overall a pretty great film.

8/10 - Great