Batman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman Reviews

½ May 21, 2019
Batman Begins was a good to great movie, and did a better job of explaining Batman's origins than this film, but whenever I think about it I only have one question: is it as fun as Tim Burton's Batman? I'd have to say no. Batman Begins may've been a little too concerned with being serious and realistic that it lost sight of what Gotham City is supposed be. And I don't know what that is entirely, I just know that it isn't Chicago. The art design, the costumes, and lines in this Batman are still the most imaginative of any. The plot is nothing special, but it's so much weirder than the majority of super hero movies that it seems unfair to complain. Favorite line: "Shields."
½ May 15, 2019
The birth of dark Batman in the history of cinema
May 13, 2019
This movie has aged poorly as it was cheesy most of the time and the fight scenes are weak.
May 6, 2019
Batman is not only a great film, but has depicted what the dark crusader should be. By having the main lead be portrayed comedy actor Michael Keaton as Batman, makes the role even more compelling. As for Jack Nicholson's Joker gives intensely creepy vibe. Simply one of the best adaptions for a iconic superhero, which sparked one of greatest animated shows in television history!
May 4, 2019
While Keaton isn't that convincing as Bruce Wayne, Vicki Vale is pretty useless as a character, the pacing can drag, and Batman seems to always be on top of things, Tim Burton's Batman is still an okay superhero flick that changed the genre, allowing us to take them more seriously.
½ May 3, 2019
Micheal Keaton its one of the best batmans of all time, also with an incredible art direction and score, maybe have problems like some prince songs but this movie will always be remembered
April 21, 2019
Best Batman movie of the bunch
½ April 18, 2019
A wonderful film that adds a lot to the Batman Mythos and changes much from the comics but nothing that ruins the film. Very entertaining throughout and has wonderful performances from great actors of the time.
April 13, 2019
A good, dark and fun movie

First, the style is very good, the darkness, the city and others part of the scenary is astonishing!

The story is simple enough and easy to follow, it's batman going after the joker, and finds out that he was the guy that killed his family and takes revenge.

The joker, played by jack Nicholson, is hard to beat and is very enjoyable, and resembles cesare rameo.

Batman, played by Michael Keaton, is pretty good and is better than Christopher bale in my opinion.

The movie did not aged well, some of these effect are not longer
up to date. One thing that bothered me is the gun sounded like something from bugs bunny.

Some younger generation will find this outdated, i say that because i am 13 years old.

Overall, i am stil hesitating if it's better than the dark knight or not.
½ April 12, 2019
An outdated style over substance romp from the 80's with bad acting and hokey visual effects. This movie has expired. An unusual and unfaithful take for both audiences and the fans with extremely adult overtones and a boring story. Bad pop music and a general sense of dread don't mix. Despite all of this it's worth watching as a pop culture milestone and a generally good performance form the joker. If you want a real batman movie I would give it a hard pass.
April 6, 2019
I absolutely love this movie.
April 4, 2019
The 1989 Batman movie directed by Tim Burton is one of the better flicks in the series despite its greatest flaw which is of course its problematically slow pacing. But the characterization is pretty strong, the acting is solid and some plot points are quite intriguing. It is above all else a major technical success owing to excellent cinematography, many amazing sets and a splendid score.
½ March 30, 2019
This is not really a batman story, and if not for the performances of the leads it would have gone down as worse than Batman Forever. Gotta give it credit though, it gave us BTAS, and the cycle of batman that continued through to eventually give us the nolan trilogy. (The cycle I mention is ow batman tends to go from campy to dark and serious to campy, then TOO campy, and finally dark and serious again)
March 20, 2019
This was one of the best Batman film ever made, it had a great cast, I really like the music. This is a must have movie for any Batman or movie fan.
March 14, 2019
71%??? More like a 96%!! Bob Kane loved it, and co-creator & developer Bill Finger would've loved it too. Still better than Christopher Nolan's more realistic, grounded Dark Knight trilogy, and that's the truth. Even Heath Ledger himself said he was a fan of the movie and Jack Nicholson's Joker. And atleast Michael Keaton never made himself sound like he had lung or throat cancer.
March 14, 2019
For my personal taste everything I love in a movie. Terrific acting, unbelievable music, a great atmosphere, memorable dialogue, and an epic tone. Yes I'm aware the narrative has flaws, but it never brings my experience down no matter how many times I watch it.
March 9, 2019
An absolute entertaining, visually stunning introduction of a serious take on the Batman character for the big screen. And also the first film that truly birthed the modern blockbuster. Only surpassed as a Batman film and character study by the later Christopher Nolan trilogy. Keaton and especially Nicholson are top notch dueling freaks.
½ March 9, 2019
This will always be my favorite batman/joker combo. Michael Keaton is the GOAT!
March 8, 2019
Joker es el protagonista de esta película, el trato a Batman es bueno pero Bruce Wayne se siente un poco vacío. El uso del sonido (BSO) y de la iluminación es impresionante. Un "must" .
March 6, 2019
Best Batman movie ever! Best Batman ever! Best Joker ever! Best superhero movie ever!