1001 Grams Reviews

• May 15, 2016

Uma mulher é responsável por levar a grama oficial de seu pais para uma feira, sendo que nesta viagem o peso acaba danificando e ela tem que recuperá-lo antes que percebam... Aquele tipo de filme normal que vc acha que vai acontecer alguma coisa legal e ele simplesmente não evolui e acaba do nada.

• May 07, 2016

dullest one seen in months

dullest one seen in months

• Jan 17, 2016

Writer and director Bent Hamer has concocted a sweet and thought-provoking meditation on the measure of one's life using the "weights and measures" community as a backdrop. It may help you rethink how you measure your own self-worth.

• Dec 22, 2015

Focusing on the Norwegian Metrology Service (Justervesenet) this film adds something very new to the table. Ane Dahl Torp is travelling to France to show the Norwegian kilo to the rest of Europe and scale it with the other kilos from other countries. Is it the right weight? Well, neat story there and it looks very good. It's prettier than most Hamer films and it's his stronges effort to date on the visual parts. Also one of few Norwegian flicks with a solid part done in the French language. As always with Hamer it's something original and something else, but I want more weirdness. I never really care for the lead but I go along with the film. By no means a poor film and probably one of the top five Scandinavian films of the year for me. 7 out of 10 Norwegian Metrology Service CGPM's.

• Oct 08, 2015

Filme representante na Noruega no Oscar. Marie (Ane Dahl Torp), uma cientista recém-divorciada e viciada em trabalho, deve ir para uma grande conferência na França levar o orgulho da insituição na qual ela trabalha: o quilo perfeito, um modelo para todas as medições no país. É a primeira vez que ela vai ao evento, e também é a primeira vez que seu pai, uma lenda no campo da ciência, não vai estar presente. O que deveria ser uma viagem profissional vai abalar todas as medidas dos relacionamentos pessoais de Marie, quando ela se apaixona por um colega francês e sofre uma emergência familiar. Mediano. Direção simples, roteiro simples.

• Sep 27, 2015

O vazio existencial de uma sociedade avançada traduzido num vazio cinematográfico.

• Aug 20, 2015

Found this movie a real snooze fest, anything remotely interesting happens at the very end of the movie and by then you really don't care.

• Aug 12, 2015

Pound per pound, stone for stone, kilo for kilo -- Bent Hamer's "1000 Grams" is an exceptionally balanced study of humanity. Ane Dahl Torp's performance is brilliantly nuanced and touching. A film that make you feel good without feeling that you have had to lower your IQ to enjoy it.

• Oct 18, 2014

A Norwegian film about a daughter fulfilling the legacy of her late father who made a prototype of the actual weight of a kilo to represent Norway in an international conference of weights and measures (for real?), it is probably a metaphor for her grief. If this sounds fun to you, then you may have a Norwegian sense of humour - which is probably drier than an AA meeting in the Sahara. There are a few cool, surreal moments and I chuckled 3 times, I think, but I have no idea what this film is really about. All I know is that, slotted in the Laugh section of the Film Festival, it is neither funny nor dramatic.

• Oct 10, 2014

quiet movie but was so touched by the story.

quiet movie but was so touched by the story.