Betrayed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Betrayed Reviews

November 10, 2015
I love Costa Gavras and Tom Berenger and John Heard including the farm and horses.
½ April 15, 2015
To build Winger's character as intelligent and perceptive then flush that as she falls for Berenger's racist ruins an otherwise good thriller.
½ April 29, 2014
It try's to make it look as suspenseful as possible, but just fails
November 3, 2013
The story is scary enough in itself, but Berenger is scary as heck as white supremacist and Winger does one of her best roles. 25 years later, it's withstood the test of time and is still a great movie.
October 7, 2013
Great cat and mouse tropes but the bewildering 80s logic will give the mind a real workout. So many questions...
½ January 27, 2013
ZOG stands for Zionist Occupation Government. Scary movie about modern Americans who are white supremacist and members of the KKK embracing the Nazi ideology and making their lives' ultimate goal to rid USA of 'Kites, Niggers and Orientals' from USA and restore it to Aryan race. A young Tom Berenger and a beautiful Debra Winger made a handsome couple. Love got in the way of their official duties and entrusted responsibilities. This is highly believable for those of us who have experienced true love.
December 8, 2012
The most over-the-top, ridiculous, piece of stereotyping I've ever seen. For someone who was born & raised in the South this is so silly and no one here would even think of such nonsense. Are their Klansmen? Fewer than gang members. Do people distrust the government? Yes, most people do to a degree. Especially in this day.
The movie takes the most ridiculous notion and tries to make it believable, like "hunting blacks". In the 1980's? Gimme a break!
Teaching your children about silly notions as "Zog" and so forth is so silly and laughable it's sickening. People here don't talk like this and sure as hell don't act this way.
It's easy to use the South as some hickville, backwoods, stereotypical place to imagine "hunting blacks" but we now know most crime involving blacks is black-on-black crime. Don't waste your time on this one...
½ November 22, 2012
Really a good movie & I never heard of it till now(11/22/12). I wish they made more movies like this than just making gang films. Nola 1-2...
½ March 12, 2012
Betrayed is a decent film. It is about an FBI agent who infiltrates a Klanlike white supremacist organization. Debra Winger and Tom Berenger give good performances. The script is okay but could have been done better. Costa-Gavras tried to make this movie likable. I had high expectations for this motion picture but was let down.
½ February 12, 2012
The KKK took Fraisers farsa away.
February 7, 2012
Not a bad late night movie.
July 18, 2011
Bought but not yet watched
February 27, 2011
A decent drama/thriller with some good acting by Tom Berenger!
January 30, 2011
Good film with a scary plot with root in reality. Just a great 80`s drama/thriller. Just hearing the little girl say those things (if you have seen the film you know what i mean) was unsettling.
January 19, 2011
An average thriller with pretty good performances
½ December 4, 2010
Suspensful after about a third of the film is done. Slow to get traction, this becomes a suspense filled crime drama about citizen militias afraid of Z.O.G. ie Zionist Operated Government. Falling in love with the object of an investigation has a price and our undercover agent gets to see more than she ever thought possible.

FBI undercover agent sent in to infiltrate a farming community after talk show host is murdered. While some suspect her use of a camera at a July 4th celebration picnic is suspicious, our heroine gets close enough to her boyfriend to learn there is something terribly wrong in this seemingly loving, rural community.

Slow paced but worth watching once, the title is pretty descriptive. Award winning Bill Conti provides the soundtrack which is scarce heard, but he is award winning for composing The Right Stuff and Rocky movie series soundtracks.

Pretty good inside look at militia movements and the FBI attempt to infiltrate them. The ending soundtrack song is by Waylon Jennings and appropriate.

Cast
Debra Winger (starred in Urban Cowboy years earlier)
Tom Berenger
Robert Swann
Maria Valdez

Crew
Cinematographer: Patrick Blossier

Composer: Bill Conti (award winning for The Right Stuff, Rocky series, others, soundtrack composer)

Director: Costa Gavras
Costume Designer: Joe I. Tompkins
Producer: Irwin Winkler
Liloh
September 7, 2010
Tom Berenger as racist Bastard? Oh surprise :))
ScoopOnline
September 6, 2010
I dont know if it was me but I had the feeling well please dont get me wrong, but there are actors who are really great at playing the character Tom Berenger had in the Movie, but Tom Berenger`s acting in this Movie was really scaring. I mean it was like he was not acting, if it was himself.
Well

It is sickening for me to hear small Children Swear so badly in the Movies. It was Pervert how the 6 years old little girl abused the Brothers and Jews. I was speechless.

I had the feeling the Message is for all "None American and other race than whites" to be aware of, "we are everywhere."

I dont know perhaps I missinterpreted the Movie Message, what I doubt.

Very catchy topic. Sad fact is that these things are still happening and they are out of control. It is easier to look away but if they are right under our nose, we cannt deny or ignore and when some of us belong to the other side it is worster.
If anyone thinks this Movie is "Inspiring" that person is just too disturbed I AM SORRY BUT HOW CAN ANY ONE FIND A MOVIE LIKE THIS "INSPIRING AND TOUCHING"?!! unless well...
I thought I have seen everything. I was wrong.
shazach
September 6, 2010
Well much has been said about this Movie and I shall be damned if I repeat the words. Not something I d watch twice.
July 5, 2010
Tom Berenger plays a racist hick bent on assassinating people. Harsh racist remarks a plenty, but solid performances make it a tolerable film to sit through...once. Not really much of a Debra Winger fan.