Big Trouble - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Trouble Reviews

July 27, 2014
(First and only viewing - 8/25/2010)
August 10, 2013
"Big Trouble" is unbelievable, unfunny and filled with unlikeable characters. Cassavetess should have made a better comedy.
½ February 26, 2013
I really like "non-studio Cassavetes" much better.
½ January 2, 2013
A funny well-put film by Cassavetes.
October 26, 2011
Really funny movie with Arkin and Falk at the top of their comedic game. You know what isn't funny, though? This is the last new Cassavetes film I'll ever see. Now excuse me while I go cut myself.
January 30, 2010
I <3 Peter Falk and Alan Arkin as a team!
½ November 7, 2009
Sporadic bits of humor can?t quite sustain the momentum of the film. It?s not awful, but it doesn?t stand out in any way. The cast is good but they lack enthusiasm. Bland, not funny enough.
August 10, 2009
What a wacky film! I really don't know what to think about it. It's such an amazing ride to go on. I'm not going to say anymore mostly because it won't help as this film is indescribable. See it.
½ March 16, 2009
This isn't a bad film. It's actually quite funny at times and Falk and Arkin make a good comedic duo, though the In-Laws was better. What made this film somewhat unenjoyable for me was the knowledge that it is the last thing John Cassavetes directed before his death and it falls miles short of anything else he made in his lifetime. It's not even comparable to films like Faces, Love Streams, and The Killing of a Chinese Bookie. This feels like maybe he just wanted to take a little break, have some fun, make some money...which is entirely understandable but I don't think he ever intended for this to be his last film. Frankly, this flick could've been directed by anybody: it has the feel of a slightly above average but still fairly generic eighties comedy. I wish he'd left this script to another director and just ended his career on Love Streams.
August 22, 2008
While the pacing lags a bit from time to time and the ending is more of a fizzle than a bang, there are enough moments of genuine hilarity in this film to warrant the hour and a half investment. Arkin and Falk together is a winning team.