Black Christmas Reviews

• Aug 31, 2020

Terrible horrible cringe boring so called Christmas classic. If the 2 reboots are supposedly way worse than I already lost hope in this so called franchise.

• Jul 16, 2020

The one that started it all still packs a punch.

The one that started it all still packs a punch.

• Jun 01, 2020

When you consider the classic horror movies that the 70's gave us like The Exorcist, The Wicker Man, The Omen or Halloween - Black Christmas is completely mindless, thin, forgettable & completely dumb. Honestly it was also nauseatingly frustrating and completely juvenile. Frustrating because you never find out who the killer is and juvenile because, instead of doing some honest stalking and terror, the killer can't do anything more inventive than crank call the sorority like a 12 year old.

• May 02, 2020

Pretty good as far as horror flicks go. The ending was a bit ridic that the girl didn't go to hosp or at the very least they didn't make sure that they indeed had the real killer/leave more cops at the residence/search the residence properly. The double tap rule come on! However, up until the ending, I was thoroughly pleased with the film and found it engrossing. Unlike many horror films, the characters were interesting, the acting was good, and there was a variety of ways the characters died. The way it was edited so you are seeing things thru the killer's eyes at times was also effective. There was also an interesting back story going on with the one main girl. The way they used the phone calls to psychologically terrorize the characters first, was very good and has often been repeated in other horror films. Many things have since been repeated in later horror films. Its a classic for the genre, one of the first slasher films made.

• May 01, 2020

Black Christmas is successful in creating real characters, not just stereotyped or annoying teens for the murderer to knife. Olivia Hussey brings a sense of maturity to her role that is usually lacking in slasher movies. The film builds suspense as well, as you wonder, along with the sorority girls and detective, who is making the dirty calls and what does he have to do with the murders. Many surprises await before the case is closed and even then not all questions are answered, mainly because the detective didn't search the house thoroughly enough. The movie also features one of the most creative and startlingly shot stabbing scenes of the sub-genre it is an early example of.

• Jan 21, 2020

I rented this movie because a new version came out recently, and critics kept referring to the original as a superior film. Well, if that is the case, then the newer versions must be complete trash. I have seen good films that were old, but this one did not stand the test of time.

• Jan 14, 2020

I'd say the acting was bad, but to give the actors the benefit of the doubt I'll just assume they were handed a horrible screenplay to begin with. Worst movie I saw all year by far.

• Jan 05, 2020

Despite its problems and the fact it is quite uneven, I was surprised by the influence it had to latter filmmakers of the genre and I enjoyed it.

• Jan 04, 2020

This film is dark and foreboding from start to finish, complete with an uncertain ending that doesn't bode well for its protagonist and a killer that is not only still on the loose but is basically a complete question mark. We're given no real rhyme or reason for Billy's actions and that makes him all the more frightening. This movie not only laid the blueprint for Halloween but the slasher sub genre as a whole. As far as Christmas themed horror films go, this one is my personal favorite.

• Jan 03, 2020