Black Rain Reviews

• Jan 11, 2020

An endearing classic that is still enjoyable today. If you want to see a linear thriller with likable characters this is for you.

• Dec 30, 2019

Good acting, direction and plot. But very bad writing and execution

Good acting, direction and plot. But very bad writing and execution

• Dec 24, 2019

typical but stylish at points

typical but stylish at points

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Sep 15, 2019

Ridley Scott thickens this thin, Michael Douglas led, formulaic cop thriller with Blade Runner-style visuals, very nearly stealing whole scenes and/or motifs from that better movie, tempting one to almost ignor the obviousness of the script. Ken Takakura and Andy Garcia struggle vainly under the artifice, but nope.

• Jul 05, 2019

I did enjoy most of the film but something just felt off, especially coming from legendary Sir Ridley Scott. Definitely still a good watch tho

• May 12, 2019

It went on and on and on ...... Oh, please let it end!!!!!!!

It went on and on and on ...... Oh, please let it end!!!!!!!

• Dec 29, 2018

Black Rain is a decent film. It is about two NYC cops who arrest a Yakuza member and must escort him when he's extradited to Japan. Michael Douglas and Andy Garcia give good performances. The script is a little slow in places. Ridley Scott did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the action and mystery.

• Dec 22, 2018

A great classic. Michael Douglas at itâ(TM)s best.

A great classic. Michael Douglas at itâ(TM)s best.

• Dec 22, 2018

This was a favourite back in the day. I watched it again and it ages well. Enjoyable romp.

• Oct 10, 2018

This is the single worst movie I have ever seen in my life. While Michael Douglas is laughable enough alone as a macho guy, the script is totally implausible on its own. Imagine Commando but with a vastly inferior script and worse acting.