The Brain - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Brain Reviews

June 21, 2008
Mmm. A Brain with a face that attacks from a triangle. Stupid to the extreme of being slightly funny.
April 9, 2008
hells yea this movie was crappy but you best believe it is a classic amongst horror movies of the 80's it's a movie you need to watch just so you can say hey I watched and for some reason I like this movie cuz that's how I am
April 5, 2008
Very cool sci-fi horror joint about a gigantic human brain (capable of making people hallucinate and murdering loved ones) that somehow manages to grow eyes and some creepy ass animal teeth after devouring a lab assistant. I liked this one a lot, but then I'm a sucker for crap like this. Also props to everyone involved for having the main couple decide to fuck at literally exactly the most inappropriate time. Well done!
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
March 7, 2008
how can you go wrong with a movie that has teddy bears crying blood and brains eating people
December 2, 2007
A giant brain eating people. That's all I cared about when I rented this and all I cared about when I watched it. 90 minutes of just watching people getting eaten by a grotesque monster brain would've been more entertaining than a movie with an actual story.
½ October 10, 2007
No way!!! They'll put ANYTHING on this Flixster thing! This is the silliest, dumbest film you could ever see. Became a punchline for my friends and I. Wow. Watch it just to see how bad movies can be - and still get made.
½ August 23, 2007
Not as horrible as it should be, but don't get too excited. Tom Bresnahan obviously took losing the role of Zack Morris pretty hard. You could say that this movie is "so bad it's good", but that's only with a thumb planted firmly on the fast forward button. Still, the brain itself kinda scared me, especially the Exorcist-inspired shots where it's shooting toward you out of the darkness, with the bug-eyes and the big teeth and slimy and....uughh. Also, if your movie deals with the paranoia involved in everyone but you becoming brainwashed, you need to have a twist ending - even a stupid one. Did anyone else notice that NOTHING HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE MOVIE EXCEPT THE KID GETS TO GO TO ANY COLLEGE HE WANTS??!? Wow. Sorry I ruined it for you.
August 18, 2007
A killer brain!*screams*
July 15, 2007
Ridiculous. That's all I can say.
June 30, 2007
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS MOVIE IS ON HERE!! I
SPECIALLY ORDERED THIS MOVIE FROM EUROPE TO CANADA. IT'S SO HORRIBLE, BUT IN THIS HORRIBLENESS, IT IS A CLASSIC TO ME!
½ June 20, 2007
This film is fantastic. I love that people got funded for this sort of crap in the 80s. Read the synopsis and tell me you don't have to see it right away! I love the plot. A punk kid gets sent to a psychiatric institute for super glueing his teacher to the chair. And theres a giant brain in the basement that has lots of teeth and mind control powers. Imagine that!
½ June 12, 2007
I searched for this fucker for years and got it for 90cents off the net. worth every penny. The definition of shock cinema, so out of the blue and so fun to watch. Scared the fuck out of me when i was younger haha
June 9, 2007
This movie is so rad, I mean, a giant brain with a face, controlling people through a self help program? Awexome.
January 10, 2007
This movie is so 1980s... and so horrible that it's funny. No, it probably won't scare you out of your mind, but it'll give you a great laugh.