Breathless Reviews

• Nov 23, 2018

I saw this back when, as my first Richard Gere movie. Besides Internal Affairs (where he played a corrupt cop) his movies thereafter seemed out of character (law-abiding, uptight). This is the real Richard Gere (a lowlife) which is why he plays it so well. His acting is spot-on as a charming sociopath. Valerie's acting is terrible and difficult to watch, but it's an entertaining movie for females, as sexy, manly bad boys are attractive to date. Men might not enjoy this movie. Fair amount of nudity.

• Jun 14, 2017

Lots of fun; great visual direction.

Lots of fun; great visual direction.

• May 13, 2017

Richard Gere is so full of energy the movie itself could've used more momentum though Valerie Kaprisky is really good too not a great film but these two make it worthwhile

• Jun 26, 2015

Not much more interesting than the original but at least it has some visual flare. I don't hate this like the french version, so that's something.

• Red L Super Reviewer
    May 22, 2015

My logical mind doesn't get what Monica sees in Jesse, but love isn't usually logical.

• Apr 11, 2015

All over the place with a pointless script.

All over the place with a pointless script.

• Aug 28, 2014

Cheesy for the most part and very dated, but weirdly enjoyable.

Cheesy for the most part and very dated, but weirdly enjoyable.

• Aug 08, 2014

Great story !!!!!!! Happy ending

Great story !!!!!!! Happy ending

• Jan 29, 2014

remake of godard's classic new wave pic that misses the mark but really uses music well

• Aug 03, 2013

Remake of Á Bout de souffle. Quality soundtrack and I actually creamed my togs when Valérie Kaprisky got the charlies out for the first time. Nice comic book references and even though I am a Richard Gere fan, he is terrible in this and knocks a star off the final rating. If Cage had of been in it , itwould have been the greatest film ever made.