Bulletproof - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bulletproof Reviews

½ January 5, 2016
Explosive action-packed thriller has US Army sending in a one man suicide squad to retrieve a super top-secret weapon stolen by a terrorist cell in Mexico. My initial misgivings about Fred Olen Ray's involvement were soon trumped by the trusted hands of Gary Busey and Henry Silva. This movie does not disappoint.
½ April 15, 2015
You've seen this before done better.
½ December 8, 2014
Dumb but entertaining. Gary Busey calls bad guys "butthorn" a lot of times...and he got the nickname "Bulletproof" because he's been shot 39 times in the line of duty...that should give you an idea for what it's going for. This would be a complete disaster if it took itself seriously.
September 21, 2014
McBain!!!!! Gary Buses is special agent Frank McBain who is charged with stopping a group of terrorist, led by Henry Silva, from getting their hands on a new super tank. The film plays out like your typical A-Team episode and really isn't that much better, except that the film is populated with a stellar cast of character actors (many of who actually appeared on "The A-Team") including L.Q. Jones, René Enríquez, Mills Watson, R.G. Armstrong, Luke Askey, Danny Trejo, and my favorite character actor of all-time, the great William Smith who's screen presence and gravelly voice is just amazing. There's even more faces you'll recognize and that's really the only charm of this film, which is really pretty awful. Two stars for the eclectic cast, but nothing else.
September 26, 2013
Now that's the stuff. Unlike Cobra, Bulletproof takes the staid cop drama formula and jumps the shark with it. We have Busey delivering some of the best lines in action movie history:

Standard drug dealer: "Who the fuck is that?"

Busey: "Your worst nightmare, butthorn!"

Yes. Butthorn. I have no idea what that is, but Busey uses it at least twice in the course of the film before killing people, so I guess it's pretty bad. I credit the filmmakers here for making the McGuffin not something boring like illegal drugs or guns or something, but something totally ridiculous and bad ass: a secret government robo-tank stolen by a Libyan general in Mexico.

This movie is unforgettable. I own it. You should too!
½ January 4, 2013
No need for backup, McBain is a cop who has been shot 39 times by the end of this movie. "Bulletproof" gets recalled by the CIA to recover a prototype tank that has fallen into the hands of a terrorist cell comprised of an odd collection of Mexicans, Nicaraguans, Soviets, and Arabs. I was half expecting to see some French Canadian separatists to be thrown into the mix.
½ November 23, 2012
Not a great movie, but Gary Busey deserves a high rating just for appearing. It's like giving a cracker to a compliant bird.
October 11, 2011
WIth a different cast, this could have more fun to watch.
½ July 23, 2011
This is actually funny
June 6, 2011
WIth a different cast, this could have more fun to watch.
August 9, 2010
BULLET PROOF is a mindless "by the numbers" action flick that is pretty damn entertaining. Henry Silva is Fukn' GREAT!!
½ August 17, 2009
pretty cheesy. Gary Bussey is his crazy self in this one bad ass man vs. the terrorists and communists who can't aim their machine guns very good because it seems like the whole world is shooting at him and only wing him a couple of times. but he kills all of them. the characters are fun and shlocky, with accents to boot! This movies is still marginally entertaining. I think if you are like 8 years old this is a sweet movie.
½ August 2, 2009
poorly done and filled with unintentional comedy. worth watching to make fun of.
½ June 29, 2009
When looking for Gary Busey camp, one need not look much further than this film. From his first taunting cry dismissing one of the villains as a 'butthorn' to the ridiculous expression on his face as he mercilessly kills the last of the hundred or so pions he wastes, this film represents the best use of Busey's lunacy as a leading man. Check your brain at the door as he drives the 'bulletproof' tank that looks to be made of cardboard and tin foil. It's not art, it's Busey.
½ May 28, 2009
Gary Busey makes it pretty funny. Don't get me wrong, it's horrible, but in a good way.
May 17, 2008
OMG Busey sure knows how to pick them...