Reviews

• Jun 28, 2020

3 and a half to 4. A beautiful, adventure adapation that does it's ending well enough.

• Mar 05, 2020

The computer generated animals aren't realistic enough... don't waste your money!

• Oct 08, 2019

I don't tend to enjoy movies centered around animals, but this movie is an exception for me. In this movie there are valid and more believable reasons for a human being like John Thornton to take a liking toward an animal. John Thornton (Charlton Heston) treats the dog respectfully, not lovingly like the way so many relationships between humans and animals are presented in Disney movies.

• Aug 07, 2018

10/10 best actor was the dog \

10/10 best actor was the dog \

• Oct 30, 2015

Weird Soundtrack That Sounds Like It's Straight Out Of Early Star Trek Episode. The Story Also Didn't Seem To Fit With The Original Novel. Seemed Very Adhoc & Crap As Editing.

• Dec 07, 2012

Well written screen-play. Plenty of action. Entertaining. I disagree with the assessments of the actors. They are all very competent. I thought the problem was more to do with the directing which was off at times and made it seem a little choppy. The director didn't get the depth out of Heston that he was certainly capable of. My main note is that the animal cruelty in this film (the beatings and whippings of the animals, not the sledding) is quite brutal and this certainly is NOT a "family adventure" as the VHS box states in two different places. I wouldn't show it to anyone under 12 or 13. Also, the VHS print I watched was very poor indeed. Is there a remastered DVD available? If so, the visuals would be spectacular.

• Jul 20, 2012

this was horrible! there was no plot and was really corny and not put together well at all!

• Oct 20, 2011

When I was a kid, I can remember my mom always talking about how much she hated this book and the subsequent movie. That, of course, made me want to read the book and see the movie. So I did, as soon as I had a chance. And then I completely understood why she hated them so much. I just tried watching it again, with an open mind, and I couldn't get past the constant animal abuse and the bleakness of it all. I'll never understand how this has managed to become a classic.

• Jan 09, 2011

Yeah this is Hell of a Adventure Film Chuck Heston and a Real Hard Assed Dog in Alaska fighting against George Eastman, Drunken Canadians & a Pack of Indians

• Oct 22, 2010

I could never get into the book, but this movie is beyond worth it!

I could never get into the book, but this movie is beyond worth it!