Checking Out - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Checking Out Reviews

½ August 24, 2014
Jeff Daniels struggles with hypochondria in a black comedy. It's a poorly made movie that is neither funny or watchable. Let's just say that there is a good reason why you probably have never heard of it. (First and only viewing - 7/15/2008)
December 31, 2012
A lot of misfires here, but, there's some good biting black comedy in it all.
January 8, 2009
a bad comedy that never really got funny and seemed to last 45 minutes to an hour longer than it really did, I mean it just drug on and on. A very poor effort by whoever the director was. Daniels was ok, but the movie was just a waste of time.
½ November 22, 2008
Not worth the time. Its boring and nothing special. I wasn't even that entertained with this.
June 17, 2008
As someone also obssessed with mortality, this film had me rolling around laughing. I could see my paranoia reflected back at me. I love Jeff Daniels, and he certainly doesn't disappoint in this movie. This movie has very few fans... maybe only 2. I'm one of them. I find it hysterical, I really don't know why more people don't love it too.
February 25, 2008
Walking the fine line between comedy and introspection regarding the topics of anxiety and hypochondria, Checking Out is quite possibly one of the worst films ever created -- a point evidenced in its $13,000 domestic box office gross